Suggestion: Fences and Fence gates

Now I know that many people have suggested fence posts to protect your base but I believe that the more people who suggest this, the more likely it will be for the Devs to listen! :D

Now i recommend the recipe to be researched at the Science machine and Alchemy machine and it would require 2 boards and 2 logs. (Logs for the posts, boards for the fence between the posts.)

The gates that would only you could open or close would be made using 2 logs, 2 boards and 2 gold nuggets.

I'm sorry, but deliberately creating new threads about suggestions that have been (or currently are been) discussed at length multiple times already if frown upon. It only pollutes the suggestion subforum and divides the discussions.

Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Ow! That's a bit harsh...

Craftable barriers, whatever form they may come in, will be added once proper AI pathing is implemented.

True. The Devs has mentioned that since they've removed the effectivness (i.e. nerfed) of exploit-based walls, namely rows of trees and chests, they will eventually allow players to create walls. Of course that's all I've seen mentioned, but I assume these walls will be constructed of either logs, wooden boards and/or stone blocks. It's anyone's guess how they would be placed.

Ow! That's a bit harsh...

Yes, sorry about that, it wasn't my intention.

I just wanted to make it clear that reposting ongoing discussions just to "get seen more by the devs" won't do any good to anyone. The devs surf the forums everyday and are known for reading everything. Having several threads about the same subject (multiplayer, I'm looking at you) will only push further down the hundreds of equally valid suggestions the rest of the members are discussing. For good or for worse, we are now a lot more people than before, and everyone deserves the same chance of seeing his suggestion on the front page. There's no more room for purposely duplicated suggestions anymore.

Also, no matter how cool or necessary one may thing his suggestion may be, there will always be people against it. No suggestion has more validity over the others, no matter how eager or exited someone may be about it.

I'm always open to debate the subject over Private Message if anybody feels wronged about my behavior.

Cheers.