Down Thermantidote? More like Down With This Kind of Loot!

Well well well. Looking at the items dropped by the Giants, the Down Thermantidote seems extremely underwhelming, as the only thing it does is cool you down and can be used just a couple of times.

I propose a different kind of item dropped from the Goose/Moose: The Horned Egg Helm!

So basically, the Horned Egg Helm would be an eggshell half with the Goose/Moose's antlers sticking out of it. You would wear it on your head, obviously, and it would give you the same heat protection as the Fashion Melon, mainly because it's got some wet egg yolk inside. You'll also be able to charge at enemies while wearing it (right click with weapon equipped), dealing damage to them and lowering your Hunger.

The Helmet would only lose durability when charging at an enemy.

Permanent protection from heat wherever you go... I think that's too strong to have controllable durability. I personally would just not use it to charge unless I had a pile of them.

Well, how about this: It loses durability normally, but you can repair it with eggs.

I feel like the feather is actually a crafting material, or it should be at least.

It certainly feels that way, but the statements of the devs seem to suggest that all the current drops are the products, not the ingredients.

You really don't understand the purpose of the special items dropped by the giants, do you? The purpose is that you could use those items for the next season in case you're not prepared or are not prepared enough.

You really don't understand the purpose of the special items dropped by the giants, do you? The purpose is that you could use those items for the next season in case you're not prepared or are not prepared enough.

But this feather is extremely bad at it.

But this feather is extremely bad at it.

You can KILL THE HUMONGOUS GIANT OF EPIC PROPORTIONS TO GET THE MAGICAL COOLING FEATHER THAT WILL COOL YOU DOWN 5 TIMES FOR A SHORT WHILE EACH TIME... or you can just get some ice, rope and doodad's and you will never overheat until it runs out... that works too.

I did say that it cools you down...

I wish the eye-brella would absorb one lightening strike and allow me to fire a powerful electric blast. Would be great for picking off a enemy or weakening strong ones. Maybe even add a status effect on hit? Or even allow me to take the charge from a lightening rod if I don't have a charge already?

Couple that with a little less awkward umbrella design, and it might be amazing :D

However, I bet the eye-brella design makes more sense when we see the crafting recipe.

Archived