We need a Forum-er DLC!

Well, we have a forum. We have a game that just released DLC. Lets do this.

We need a DLC that adds lots of things from the Don't Starve forums, including Forum characters, suggestions made by the community, memes and more!

My character:

ng84s6.png

He would have 100 Hunger, 150 health and 175 sanity

His hunger would deplete 2x as fast

He would be able to see in complete darkness (But still has a (Reduced) sanity drain)

He would be able to eat Raw food same as cooked food

Also, he would have an extra meter that shows his face. It starts at zero, but goes up as he kills things (Drains over time) Once it reaches 100, there would be a zoom in showing his eyes turning red.

While his eyes are red, purple quotes pop up, egging the player on to kill things. In this mode you do 2x damage, but once the metre runs out you get knocked out, and wake up with -50 sanity

Also, when walking around the purple quotes can show up, but Hugos will respond saying "Shut up Soguh!"

Enjoy! Also, make sure to post YOUR characters too :3

A mod collaboration would be interesting, but a developer made DLC that includes people from the forum seems like a terrible idea. Well known senior members (ahem) who don't get added would be irate because of it, and it's entirely possible that the people who do get added would have innumerable issues with how they're portrayed in-game.

I'm sorry I had to stop reading at "Memes" because I was laughing too hard

All the power to ya if you want to make your own character mod, but saying that their should be a DLC just for forum members is not really the best.

First off, the forums isnt the only place on the net with active members in the Don't starve community, tumblr, deviantart, youtube- you name it and there are people who are active in the DS community, and that would leave all them out of this because they might not have forum accounts. And I dont blame them.

Secondly, whoever is making this would have to know a lot about the person whose character they're making, and that would take up a lot of time itself just to get the personality down, not to mention programming and art assets.

That's why you see a lot of character mods that only add one character, because its a lot of effort to make just one.

As a labor of love, maybe this might turn out well IF the people who are being added as characters work on their own characters. Other then that it just seems tedious and exclusionary.

First off, the forums isnt the only place on the net with active members in the Don't starve community, tumblr, deviantart, youtube- you name it and there are people who are active in the DS community, and that would leave all them out of this because they might not have forum accounts. And I dont blame them.

People who don't check out the Klei Forums are nerds.

Tumblr? Deviantart?? YOUTUBE?? PPPPFTTTTTT

Tell all your Tumblr friends they're nerds! >:0

People who don't check out the Klei Forums are nerds.

Tumblr? Deviantart?? YOUTUBE?? PPPPFTTTTTT

Tell all your Tumblr friends they're nerds! >:0

Well the community on here isnt the best :/ I actually know some people who got bullied off of here as well as being constantly misgendered. There's actually kinda a big stigma these forums have. And if people can enjoy what they like without feeling uncomfortable on a different site then so be it.

Well the community on here isnt the best :/ I actually know some people who got bullied off of here as well as being constantly misgendered. There's actually kinda a big stigma these forums have. And if people can enjoy what they like without feeling uncomfortable on a different site then so be it.

This was not the response I was expecting, but it is interesting to discuss anyway. I have a habit of asking tumblr users in the forums to tell their friends "something" (i.e. telling them that I will eat their first born child, etc).

Anyway, I completely agree. The community was welcoming and well moderated before Don't Starve was fully released. After that.. Well, you know. Bullying on the forums stems from misunderstanding or antagonization (Guess how I left the forums), and it's inevitable, considering this is the internet. There are so many different types of people from different backgrounds, it usually takes time for forum users to settle in. People on the internet are constantly misgendered (because of anonymity), and I understand where you're coming from. The Klei forums are completely different from the MSPA forums, I'm pretty sure you can list pronouns in those forums, and it can be a problem since the Klei forums are less tied to social justice.

This was not the response I was expecting, but it is interesting to discuss anyway. I have a habit of asking tumblr users in the forums to tell their friends "something" (i.e. telling them that I will eat their first born child, etc).

Anyway, I completely agree. The community was welcoming and well moderated before Don't Starve was fully released. After that.. Well, you know. Bullying on the forums stems from misunderstanding or antagonization (Guess how I left the forums), and it's inevitable, considering this is the internet. There are so many different types of people from different backgrounds, it usually takes time for forum users to settle in. People on the internet are constantly misgendered (because of anonymity), and I understand where you're coming from. The Klei forums are completely different from the MSPA forums, I'm pretty sure you can list pronouns in those forums, and it can be a problem since the Klei forums are less tied to social justice.

It's not really about social justice then just human decency. This isn't on topic so it should just be left there.

Well the community on here isnt the best :/ I actually know some people who got bullied off of here as well as being constantly misgendered.

I don't mean to stir the pot, but were they misgendered intentionally and maliciously? Transgendered and pangendered people are still a new concept in the world, and while that doesn't give anyone the right to be prejudiced, it's unreasonable to expect people to be able to pick up on these kinds of things right away when they've gone their whole life saying he/him/his and she/her/hers their entire life.

I'm actually really interested in talking to you about this kind of thing, if you're willing. Please, send me a private message sometime, because I haven't noticed any particular stigma about the things you mention.

I don't mean to stir the pot, but were they misgendered intentionally and maliciously? Transgendered and pangendered people are still a new concept in the world, and while that doesn't give anyone the right to be prejudiced, it's unreasonable to expect people to be able to pick up on these kinds of things right away when they've gone their whole life saying he/him/his and she/her/hers their entire life.

Ive been told it was intentional, Ive been intentionally misgendered here as well so I suppose I have an easier time believing it. It's in the past now and no names were mentioned to me so there really isnt anything else to do. I have my pronouns on my profile, and if it isn't intentional and I correct them, people usually say sorry and start using the correct ones. If they refuse to well hey there's another username to report and for my block list.

Also again this is off topic. So if we could let it be, or start a new thread somewhere else that would be best.

Archived