Reducing your need for food in the bothering seasons.

An idea I just came up with. Sometimes, if you're ill prepared; hunger will be the death of you in summer and winter. And not everyone wants to venture into the caves. This idea benefits because the model already exists!

Introducing; The Pig Head on a Stick and the Merm Head on a Stick!

You craft these items out of pigskin/fish, twigs and rope in your base and standing next to it's proximity reduces your need to eat (i.e the hunger decreasing ratio decreases.). However they will rot away over time (4 days?). The pig head will last longer in winter (being warm blooded keeps it up) and the merm head lasts longer in summer (being wet keeps it cool). These will have a visual distinction from the heads that exist by having rope lashings around the head.

Character quotes!;

Wilson: "Looking at it makes me ill"

Willow: "I don't feel like eating"

Wolfgang: "Yucky head!"

Wendy: "A sight that upsets my stomach"

WX-78: "FOOD RECEPTORS CLOSING"

Wickerbottom: " That thing upsets my appetite"

Woodie: "Poor fella, poor tummy"

Wigfrid: "I dönt feel hungry anymöre"

Maxwell: "Nauseating thing"

Would this effect sanity?

That it could, but only minor; night times are notorious for sanity decreasing

Would the normally generated pig/merm heads rot too for this to work? Or would they be as they are now and just decorative and not provide the reduced hunger drain.

Yeah, the difference between these ones and the natural ones are the rope lashings....some black magic went into the other ones..these are just heads on sticks

"If you're ill prepared"

Can you just not be ill-prepared?

"And not everyone wants to venture into the caves"

And not everyone wants to venture into the Swamps to get reeds, does that mean we should make reeds craftable?

"Dont be ill prepared"

Well stuff happens and all the preparation in the world (at least in this game) can be wiped clean after a day

I could list a bunch of scenarios where that could happen, but I don't feel that it's really needed at this point

"Dont be ill prepared"

Well stuff happens and all the preparation in the world (at least in this game) can be wiped clean after a day

I could list a bunch of scenarios where that could happen, but I don't feel that it's really needed at this point

Not if you don't do something stupid.

Not if you don't do something stupid.

Thank you, with this vague information I will never make mistakes in my life or ingame again!  You have bestowed me with a great gift!

Back on topic, Would these heads also have glowing eyes on the full moon?

Thank you, with this vague information I will never make mistakes in my life or ingame again!  You have bestowed me with a great gift!

Back on topic, Would these heads also have glowing eyes on the full moon?

Give me an example of a situation where a player would end up totally screwed without it being is fault, yet they would have enough resources to make one of these heads?

Give me an example of a situation where a player would end up totally screwed without it being is fault, yet they would have enough resources to make one of these heads?

Im not saying that they would have the reasources to make the heads after something happens, Im saying I agree with the OP in that it could help in to help you be more prepared so you could deal with those situations better

Say you're 3 days into your first winter and there's a deerclops, its mid-day so you don't have to worry about light, and you have just picked up your thermal stone from it being by the fire so heat wont be an issue at least for a few minutes

you go to grab a tentacle spike you procured a few days earlier, and you start to run away from your base to minimize damage to it- and into a near by pig village so they can help you with the fight

But before you start to kite the monster away from your base it crushes your crock pot.

No big deal right?

Well your hunger is at 15, you had planned on cooking a nice plate a meatballs before the ground started to shake

To make a long story short in the frenzy of the fight you die from hunger, right defeat the deerclops. It never hit you, you kited it like a pro. Your skill in fighting is impeccable.

Maybe if you had one of those heads which slow down hunger before the deerclops came, you could of made it back to your camp to cook up some food.........

Again this is a pretty particular situation, but there are a lot of other ones that could happen like this too where the heads could be useful

And there are probably more then I can think of too

Its almost as if a mechanic that benefits the player.....benefits the player.

crazy right

If you wanna argue the mechanic then argue it, don't just say "Be a better player" because that is borderline detrimental to this discussion and isn't actually helping anything,

Im not saying that they would have the reasources to make the heads after something happens, Im saying I agree with the OP in that it could help in to help you be more prepared so you could deal with those situations better

Say you're 3 days into your first winter and there's a deerclops, its mid-day so you don't have to worry about light, and you have just picked up your thermal stone from it being by the fire so heat wont be an issue at least for a few minutes

you go to grab a tentacle spike you procured a few days earlier, and you start to run away from your base to minimize damage to it- and into a near by pig village so they can help you with the fight

But before you start to kite the monster away from your base it crushes your crock pot.

No big deal right?

Well your hunger is at 15, you had planned on cooking a nice plate a meatballs before the ground started to shake

To make a long story short in the frenzy of the fight you die from hunger, right defeat the deerclops. It never hit you, you kited it like a pro. Your skill in fighting is impeccable.

Maybe if you had one of those heads which slow down hunger before the deerclops came, you could of made it back to your camp to cook up some food.........

Again this is a pretty particular situation, but there are a lot of other ones that could happen like this too where the heads could be useful

And there are probably more then I can think of too

Its almost as if a mechanic that benefits the player.....benefits the player.

crazy right

If you wanna argue the mechanic then argue it, don't just say "Be a better player" because that is borderline detrimental to this discussion and isn't actually helping anything,

This is the same purpose that a hunger belt would have. You could have just said "Maybe if they played had a hunger belt, this wouldn't have happened...". Actually, it's even worse than that. A deerclops would probably have just torn down the head.

This is the same purpose that a hunger belt would have. You could have just said "Maybe if they played had a hunger belt, this wouldn't have happened...". Actually, it's even worse than that. A deerclops would probably have just torn down the head.

It doesnt matter if it did if you were already standing next to it before

This would be nice to have at my base while I sorted things and such. Work comfortably without having to start planning to hunt more food. A lovely hat would cancel out any sanity loss, and this would save the players lives who are waiting for that crock pot to finish.

Archived