Smoke Machine to calm down bees when harvesting honey

Here is a new structure idea I had when I made my bee farm. I know you can harvest them at night with relative safety, but sometimes you want the honey during the day instead of pushing it back an entire day. So what I am proposing is a structure that will stop the bees from attacking you while inside its effects.

So the creation of this thing will take 10 stone, 1 gold nugget, and 4 grass. It will basically look like a tea kettle on the ground that slowly and steady puff out almost transparent smoke. Its range should be similar to that of a campfire with 2 logs added to it. It will take 2 grass to operate and will last slightly shorter than a campfire with 1 log as fuel.

What do you think guys? Any good or not really all that interesting?

Two words,Bee hat. :p

Or was it bee keeper hat? oh well went over my two words.

Well, yeah although I sorta use the bee keeper hat when I take out the natural hives. I was hoping the smoke machine would help with making the farm less costly to maintain as opposed to losing spider webs that you can only really get from killing spiders which is potentially more risky.

I like the idea. Although I would prefer it was something you held in your hand. Drop grass into it, lit it with a fire and it puffs out, like you said, transparent smoke. Should have to use this along with bee keepers hat, since that´s what bee keepers actually do. :D

Why not a torch? simply add some more grass onto a torche and get something like "smoldering torch or smoking torch" then when you equip it a trail of smoke follows you and hangs there for a set amount of time. any bees inside it slow down (not completely sedated) but enough so you can get in, harvest and get out.

The smoke would go pretty fast so as not to make it completely easy...in real life that thing would last almost indefinitely but for the sake of balance

Why not a torch? simply add some more grass onto a torche and get something like "smoldering torch or smoking torch" then when you equip it a trail of smoke follows you and hangs there for a set amount of time. any bees inside it slow down (not completely sedated) but enough so you can get in, harvest and get out.

that could work, but I´d like to see more content in the game.

I don't know... I mean we already have the beekeper's hat and, to be honest, I rarely run afoul with the bees in my bee box. And in those rare cases that you do then I simply run off a short distance and then come back to collect them with my bug net. Now if bees popped out every time I tried to get honey from the bee box, then sure, this item would be more of a necessity, but as that's not always the case it just feels like another item to craft and store away.

I should however note that my personal experience with bee boxes in singular, as I have only one. Maybe this is more of an issue with multiple bee boxes? Like the Gobbler is with berry bushes (i.e. chances of appearing)?

So far in my save where I have survived for 49 days straight thus far. I have 4 bee boxes and usually when the bees are out collecting pollen to make to honey, I always end up with at least 1 - 2 bees per box during midday. Though this is also probably due to the relative proximity of my man made flower field. which is right at the door step of the bee boxes. Still I would say a smoke machine/ handheld item would be nice for a farm. Since the bee keeper hat helps with the natural bee hives when you are cracking them open and otherwise as well.

Still there are occasions where I completely mess up and I have 16 angry bee's after me it is quite distressing to say the least.

Of course, these are all, but ideas. These don't have have to happen, but it would be nice.

I would like to see a smoke gun. Made from silk charcoal and twigs. This would allow you to smoke a beebox thus allowing you to harvest with no threat of bees. This would be useful if,

A:You just don't feel like running away from bees again.

or,

B: You are really low on HP and need that honey, and you want/need to remove any risks while getting it.

I don't think this is particularly necessary. As others have stated, I have very little threat from my bee friends. Heck, they've even saved my life against the hounds that occasionally appear a couple of times. I honestly don't think that pacifying them is something that needs to be in the game.