Ice Sculpture Decoys and Ice Walls

I know I've posted a bunch of suggestions lately, but they keep coming!

How about in winter being able to craft ice sculpture decoys of yourself, that hostile mobs will target it instead of you and will attack it, with a small chance of them being frozen? Gives you a chance to flee or fight.

And what about ice walls? They'd be strong in winter (stronger than stone) but with the trade off that they melt and are gone entirely by summer. They're a completely temporary structure, but they are very strong in winter and pretty strong in spring. I know lots of veteran players only use walls to decorate, but even just for aesthetics I'd like them to be honest.

I like the idea of ice walls that melt. It offers some of that "uncompromising" feel that Klei goes for with DS, like "hey guys, you can do this and it'll probably work for whatever your creative little mind is planning... but don't get too comfortable..."

I don't like the idea of an ice decoy though. For one, Binding of Isaac already did that, so it feels like copying to me. But more importantly, there are already ways you can use the environment around you as a decoy. I think introducing something so clearly used to help you detracts from the game intent of challenge/struggle to survive at all costs.

I don't like the idea of an ice decoy though. For one, Binding of Isaac already did that, so it feels like copying to me. But more importantly, there are already ways you can use the environment around you as a decoy. I think introducing something so clearly used to help you detracts from the game intent of challenge/struggle to survive at all costs.

Valid concerns, but in my defence I don't know what Binding of Isaac is.

How about an 'ice-sickle' weapon that slowly melts?

Sort of a winter ham-bat.

Ooo yes! You'd have to watch your temp when using it though, since I assume holding it would be cold.

Valid concerns, but in my defence I don't know what Binding of Isaac is.

Oh sorry man, I hope that didn't come off like "ugh, why don't you know this already?!?!" Totally not my intent.

You haven't checked out Binding of Isaac yet? I highly recommend it! That game is what drew me into Steam and sucked me back into gaming again. It's a 2D rogue-like dungeon crawler, and has challenges, unlockable characters, randomly generated levels, and perma-death like DS. The gameplay is very reminiscent of the dungeons from The Legend of Zelda. That style isn't for everyone, but if you liked Zelda, you'll love BOI. It typically goes on sale on Steam during both summer and winter, and is becoming more common in Humble Bundles.

Anyway, back on topic, where were we? Oh yes, more uses for ice...

Archived