start a new game to activate new animals?

I started a new game before the feet of strength update and I was on day 93.

Do I need to start a new game to see the new animals, such as catcoon and glommer?

After the update, I couldn't find them by searching everywhere.  :nightmare:

You have to either start a new game or SPOILERS

Get the four things to complete and use the teleportato to go to a new world.

I'm not sure the teleportato is something that needs spoilered in this subforum. It's not news if you're able to survive the DLC.

I'm not sure the teleportato is something that needs spoilered in this subforum. It's not news if you're able to survive the DLC.

Still something in the game people may not know about, and want to figure out some things on their own.

Actually, I believe the devs said that you have to start a new world for RoG content to work,

I think this Is due to, everytime you spawn a world you have an option to put RoG content In it or not, and since you spawned the world w/o RoG content, then going through the potato wont add them

Actually, I believe the devs said that you have to start a new world for RoG content to work,

I think this Is due to, everytime you spawn a world you have an option to put RoG content In it or not, and since you spawned the world w/o RoG content, then going through the potato wont add them

But the teleportato should work if they started a game in an earlier version of RoG.

But the teleportato should work if they started a game in an earlier version of RoG.

Ah, I misread, I thought he meant he started before RoG, in that case, look In autumn biomes for the catcoons, ive only found one glommer statue, so not sure about those, but I think they may be near pig villages since that's where I found mine

But, in that case, you'd be correct since both of those animals are spawned from spawners, which weren't generated in his world, so he'd have to go through the potato to find them

Given that this became a thing 14 months ago (15th Jan 2013, 'Progress' update - Off the top of my head, could be wrong), we don't need to spoiler it. Especially in the DLC sub-forum. As nice as it is that you are doing this, I really think there has to be a cut-off point with spoilers. Although, I have quite a strong opinion on things like this, as you'd know from my crusade against Maxwell spoilering if you were around back then.  :grin:

Is it really that if you use teleportato the new things added to the game will be set to Default and spawn in game? I must get my self ready then for the next update!

P.S: such shame backpacks, piggybacks and krampus sacks turn into ashes when you teleport to a new world :(

Because many of the new content (like creatures, items, and more) added through the Beta updates are created through world gen, you'll have to start a new game in order for the new stuff to show up.

Of course, you can still continue your current save, that save just won't be able to generate the new content. 

Archived