Tentacle needs more chance of dropping tentacle spots!

Literally, I got Deerclops in winter, it killed like 10 or more of them and I've killed like 3 or 4 and from what I got is only 2 tentacle spots, which are really useful now! I have like 4 rain hats and only one rain coat! Please increase the chance of tentacle spots! May be up to even 50, so it doesn't have nothing chance dropping along with the monster meats but either a tentacle spot or a tentacle spike. Please add more chance! We need more tentacle spots!

Hey! Just a coat is enough man, you can repair them with a sewing kit!
I believe the drop rate was reduced intentionally? I don't know but I got a pair of those Spots, made myself a coat and have been using it ever since, never needed another one since I keep repairing it :3

Honestly, rain isn't that much of a threat that you need to have both a coat and a hat on ever, i was on a world as willow and never made anything that protected me from rain in spring (starting in spring) without to much of a problem

not to mention 50% of the time you're going to be wearing a ice hat or beefalo hat/tam

The fact is I set up multiple bases and I want to leave some stuff there., in case I die and get resurrected somewhere else and can't get my old stuff back. See what I mean? We need more chance for tentacle spots!!!

The fact is I set up multiple bases and I want to leave some stuff there., in case I die and get resurrected somewhere else and can't get my old stuff back. See what I mean? We need more chance for tentacle spots!!!

Well the fact that there were enough for you to get one coat is good enough. I don't think the drop rate should increase at all, especially to the point where the rain coat isn't difficult at all to get and you can get multiple easily. It would make it a much less precious item if you could get 3 rain coats after a few tentacle kills. I think the drop rate is in the perfect fine line where it's not too easy to get a rain coat but not too hard at the same time. Sometimes you're just going to get unlucky but sometimes you might also get really lucky. It's fine.

I think you just got unusually unlucky.  Wiki gives a 20% drop rate for spots, which seems fine to me.  As far as backup equipment, just make extra rain hats and plant some flowers at each base.  Or extra umbrellas.  The rain coat isn't the end-all be-all.

Rain isn't that bad of a thing that you'd need to prepare for upon dieng, just a bit of a sanity loss and if you stay out for a excessively long time you MIGHT freeze, but that's pretty unlikely

The fact is I hate it that we have 50% tentacle spike dropand 20% tentacle spot drop.Better the other way. Too much weapon btw. And Tentacle spots stack while Tentacle spikes I've got can fill already one chest for me! It's REAALLLY annoying!

The fact is I hate it that we have 50% tentacle spike dropand 20% tentacle spot drop.Better the other way. Too much weapon btw. And Tentacle spots stack while Tentacle spikes I've got can fill already one chest for me! It's REAALLLY annoying!

Are you suggesting that weapons should stack? How would that work?

This is normal. Swamp too good, If you can fill the pockets of weapons. Wear a backpack, but it makes you less protected. The game works so.

Are you suggesting that weapons should stack? How would that work?

Nope. I'm suggesting that tentacle spike should have:

20% drop for Tentacle spike

50% drop for Tentacle spot

quite obvious, if you read the topic's title (dull)

Archived