add the wind in the next update. Wind comes rarely and can take away the things that

lie on the ground and shake the trees, bushes, grass, etc. Do you like the idea? It seems

there are four seasons and weather and no wind. Add the it please.

Start editing your initial post rather than replying to yourself over and over. Also, Klei reads all of the suggestions, as they've stated numerous times before. In order to distinguish your idea from the rest, you need some traffic and likes on your thread, not requests for Klei to pay special attention to you.

I don't know about blow things away, but perhaps collapse some structures and trigger traps?

Oh, that's good.  I was thinking this wind thing would just be an annoyance rather than an addition to challenge.  But triggering box traps would deal with one of the perhaps two highly exploitable food mechanics left in the game - rabbits may perish in chests now, but as long as they are trapped, they'll still apparently last indefinitely.  But if wind coming along could trigger set traps, and free the animals that are captured in sprung ones, that would indeed add another seasonal challenge mechanic.  Not deadly like cold, heat, or potentially moisture, but it would fight a food strategy.  I like it.  No real graphic overhead either.

As for structures, only ones that make sense like tents and lean-to. 

I don't know about blow things away, but perhaps collapse some structures and trigger traps?

Oh, you and you'd have to build walls around your bases within a certain distance of your structures to protect them from the wind! Then again, that might be an unnecessary addition of difficulty. I do agree with triggering traps and blowing away items that are left on the ground. That last part, though, might be difficult to animate for a number of different items. Would taking any model and giving it the tumble weed animation work?

Archived