Eerbody's doing it, so here it goes, suggestions!

So I will stop hear the whining of another whenever I critique other one's ideas, here I go posting my own. Do note that most of my ideas will be going towards enhancing the player experience rather than saying "add this, add that, more items, more monsters" because lets be honest. This game is in beta. That means they will be adding content until it's free to go in the wild. Until then... this is what could work:

1. A clearer craft UI:

The craft interface always covers up the left side of the screen, and at times, you could use either the extra view distance, or just have a less cluttered screen. The solution would be easy, add a button, with an image that could mean crafting, or just the words written on the button, the use is to reduce the general amount of space that it's used in the crafting interface when not using the crafting interface.

2. Map improvements:

I know the map is still to be set in stone, but I would like seeing some extra details like geographical coordinates (North, South, West, East, etc), after people learn about using the spinning function of the camera, they may get a bit confused, the map shifting in the same time as the point of view.

Another small thing is for other things to appear on the map; though I said I won't do this, but icons for the beefalos, tents, pig houses, chests and even campfires would help a lot in the orientation of the new player.

3. Options

I don't see anything labeled "options", at least the sound in this early stage, I usually have a podcast or something similar on the background, and entering combat, against a rabbit... is not that exciting...

4. Choice of music for certain situations

The soundtrack is very good (whenever it happens), but because I'm going to one-hit a rabbit with a pickaxe, that doesn't mean I need very vibrant combat music that I get against spiders. Something like a musical cue of 2-3 seconds would work best to exemplify the "feat" of getting a rabbit dead and getting something little to eat.

5. Further chase on the path of the seemingly "point and click"

I am not asking you to dunk your head in a barrel of drugs and get high and continue making this game as a point and click (that's expensive, lets be honest), but evolving the idea that "item X does Y to Z" is an interesting idea in a survival game of this type. For example, you can give your Pigman something to eat, or something else which he could use, like a pickaxe, or even armor. The ideas are limitless.

*If I think of anything else I will post the idea here*

Edited by Vulturas

1. I like that idea. The buttons do occupy more space then necessary.2. The map does have icons for fireplaces, ect. Doesn't need more detail really. Although the compass is a good idea.3. They will probably add the options in later again. I think options are essential to any game really.4. Never have my sound on so I really can't comment on that.5. Best idea on this. An army at your disposal with customized equipment. Could be really interesting.

How an 'Army' could work:

Wife or Husband

After 3 months, according to the moon phases, an entity of the opposite sex gets teleported in by the daemon from the start. This male or female entity would act as a 'Housewife', farming and seeding the area around your tent. If you have no tent, then he or she would follow you, harvesting anything within a certain distance from you.

Children

A child would be formed exactly one month (according to moon phases) after you and your partner stay in the same tent for three consecutive nights. Children could be male or female. If they are the same sex as the original Entity, they could do equivalent actions, but only have sex with other NPCs, and then, only in their own tent (if you have built them one)

Workmen

If a child is the same sex as the Player, he or she would, after following the player for 7 days, become a soldier. This means they are basically a walking chest that may be equipped with an item to take on that duty. From here on gameplay would be something like Dwarf Fortress or you may be familiar with Mount & Blade: Warband? Like the 'Recruits' from M&B, Workmen can be upgraded based on their individual xp levels, which in Don't Starve is called 'Research Points'. These may be traded with them for valuable items, like planks or gold. What you upgrade isn't their strength or speed, but their AI, which is far more valuable in gaming. You may up their 'Tactics', or in other words, Pathfinding.

2. The map does have icons for fireplaces, ect. Doesn't need more detail really. Although the compass is a good idea.

How much did you play? There is no tent, beefalo, pigman, different biome (you could say that the background is kinda different), fireplace (that's a fire pit, different thing) and no chest icons for the minimap. And lets be honest, chests and tents should have been there.

5. Best idea on this. An army at your disposal with customized equipment. Could be really interesting.

An army? That would get really stale really quick in my honest opinion. Have some pigmen, armor them up, go after spiders, watch everything die and lag the screen up. And I never mentioned "army".

I have a suggestion. For people like me who cant really navigate in dense forests, how about adding a second control setting (when the options button is made) with arrow keys to move around. this may offend the makers of this game becuase it was made to be point and click, so just ignore me if this doesn't tickle your fancy.

ok, campfires...still already on the map. Along with the big pig, which has always been surrounded by other pigs. Graves. ect. Anyways you got my point. And what would you call it if not an army of pig men. Equipped characters that will attack when you do...hmm. anyways, parallelblade, your ideas could be interesting. I'm curious now.

ok, campfires...still already on the map. Along with the big pig, which has always been surrounded by other pigs. Graves. ect. Anyways you got my point. And what would you call it if not an army of pig men. Equipped characters that will attack when you do...hmm. anyways, parallelblade, your ideas could be interesting. I'm curious now.

Campfire is NOT Fire Pit. Please... don't make me draw you what this means.