Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

sokkur

Seasonal climate changing gradually

sokkur    10

It seams odd that the day before winter is like any other day in autumn and the first day of winter is like any other day in winter. May I suggest at least some gradual seasonal change, it would make things more realistic. You could even do so it would be very cold in the middle of winter, and in the middle of summer it would be very hot.

Percival    766

May I suggest at least some gradual seasonal change, it would make things more realistic.

Bipedal pigs.

One-eyed birds.

Mandrakes.

Touchstones.

Giant p*ssed off Treeguard.

I shan't go on.

Touch    0

I agree, changes like that could potentially make Thermal meter and Rainometer useful, as long as the weather changes aren't too predictable.

SethR    1229

It's actually set up exactly that way! :)

The thermal meter will in fact tell you what temperature it is and from that you can tell how close you are to the next season. The rainometer will similarly measure the barometric pressure and tell you how close you are to the next rain. If you're not seeing that behavior, it may be a bug.

But as for the actual mechanics of the temperature of the world etc, it's always smooth transitions. The middle of winter is the coldest time and the middle of summer is the hottest time. Even though the snow tends to cover the ground fairly abruptly, you could actually freeze to death in the days before if you're not careful, as the temperature is approaching winter temperatures.

ScaryMonster    33

I agree, changes like that could potentially make Thermal meter and Rainometer useful, as long as the weather changes aren't too predictable.

I find them both accurate and useful, dunno what you guys are seeing.

Joshpro8423    45

It seams odd that the day before winter is like any other day in autumn and the first day of winter is like any other day in winter. May I suggest at least some gradual seasonal change, it would make things more realistic. You could even do so it would be very cold in the middle of winter, and in the middle of summer it would be very hot.

I still think it would be funny that in the middle of summer, it gets so hot the Thermal Measurer explodes.

sokkur    10

It's actually set up exactly that way! :-)

My fault for not playing the game more.

On a side note, are there any day to day variations in temperature or is the middle day of winter always the coldest day in the year?

SethR    1229

No worries! There is definitely some fluctuation from day to day and, for example, it's possible for the day before the exact middle of winter to be the coldest day of the year. I don't expect that it would make an enormous difference in what you need to do to stay warm and alive, though.