Moles, our diggy friends

The more I think about it the title makes it sound like it will be some awful pet suggestion, and although the moles are adorable I assure you this is not the case. I am sitting here chilling out in the new deciduous biome and killing the moles left and right, I just set out a stack of gold and they come. They surface and I can quick axe them and that is that, cheap easy food at no cost. Maybe it should be changed so that upon initially surfacing they get at least one resource?

Edit: after playing for a little bit more I freaked out when I heard moles near my crops but they didn't do anything, it would be pretty neato if they did, and would be balancing considering how easy it is to harvest their meat.

I've got a better idea of moles, as it's so easy to catch them; what if you needed to use a bug like worm and only that to attract moles? Cause rabbits as far as I know only go for the berries and carrots. Speaking of moles, I wonder if they can steal the eyebone as well...

I've got a better idea of moles, as it's so easy to catch them; what if you needed to use a bug like worm and only that to attract moles? Cause rabbits as far as I know only go for the berries and carrots. Speaking of moles, I wonder if they can steal the eyebone as well...

They can't steal the eyebone.

Pretty sure I saw a post in the general forum, before dlc came out, that showed a picture of what appeared to be a mole hat (had two of the star noses sticking out).  I already have a pretty good idea of what it will do (besides some warmth maybe) - make a very important food source - which used to be relativley easy to get but which is now apparently rather difficult - easier to get (hopefully!)

Archived