[Mod Idea] Clockwork Tooth Trap

Ortorin

that white noise thing happened to me whenever i was making the tentacle spike mod, i don't think i fixed it completely, but magic wand-selecting the item and copy-pasting it into another image seemed to work a bit

Edit - I'd like to help test except for the fact that all clockwork creatures seem to have such an aversion to me that causes them to stay 10 thousand feet away from me at all times :/

that white noise thing happened to me whenever i was making the tentacle spike mod, i don't think i fixed it completely, but magic wand-selecting the item and copy-pasting it into another image seemed to work a bit

Edit - I'd like to help test except for the fact that all clockwork creatures seem to have such an aversion to me that causes them to stay 10 thousand feet away from me at all times :/

For testing, you could debugspawn the trap...

DebugSpawn "clockwork_trap_teeth"

Hey simplex, I can't think of anything else that needs to be changed with functionality.

Really I think you should put a bow on it and post it in the downloads.

Hang on, even if functionality is done, I still need to fix those white pixels in the inventory image and plug in strings.

The strings we need are:

• A description string, shown when examining it (or one per character, but that's not necessary, just a bonus).
  • A recipe description, shown in the crafting tab.

I have some quotes.

Wilson: "A trap that's been modified by science!"

Willow: "Still not on fire."

Wolfgang: "Is trap, but better!"

Wickerbottom: "The gear inside makes it retract, for automatic defenses."

Woodie: "I never understood these scientific doo-hickeys."

Wendy: "Another, more complex way to bring death to unsuspecting things."

Maxwell: "Mechanical and sharp, I 'dig' it."

The Maxwell quote isn't too good. I couldn't think of one.

Also, did I miss anybody?

Edit: I MISSED WX-78!!!

WX-78: "I USED MY BRETHREN TO MAKE THIS."

I have some quotes.

Wolfgang: "Is trap, but stronger!"

Maxwell: "Mechanical and sharp, I 'dig' it."

FTFY.

I have some quotes.

Wolfgang: "Is trap, but stronger!"

Maxwell: "Mechanical and sharp, I 'dig' it."

I like them. I'd just replace Wolfgang's with "Is trap, but better!", since the trap is in fact a little bit weaker than a regular tooth trap.

Oh.

"For all of your automatic death machine needs!"

Nice. I just changed it to "For your automatic death machine needs!" because your version was too long, so it didn't git the description box and showed as "For all of your automatic death".

@Ortorin, @Xjurwi, @TooMuchHoneyHam

The mod was released:

The description I used is heavily based on your OP, Ortorin, I hope you don't mind.

Mind it? I love it!

Thank you for the hard work everyone. This mod could have never came together without the talent and effort that everyone brought to the table. You all have made me really happy by helping me take my idea and making it a reality.

simplex thank you for the coding and assembling the pieces of the mod

Xjurwi thank you for your artwork

TooMuchHoneyHam thanks for the strings and thank you for being a delicious food item

I hope to work with you all again in the future. This was a fun project, let's see how much the community likes it. =D

Cheat level = ?

Hahaha, you won't let me live that down huh?

I'd say a 5. This one is on the fence because on one hand: trap management just became a lot easier, but on the other hand: the costs of the trap makes effective use of them to be a late-game mechanic.

The only players that are going to benefit from this mod are ones that can live past day 150 or so. That means even I won't get to fully enjoy this mod. xD

The only players that are going to benefit from this mod are ones that can live past day 150 or so. That means even I won't get to fully enjoy this mod. xD

You wrote a massive guide on kiting mobs, how can you not live past day 150? :razz:

Archived