Don't Starve - Italian translation: Where is it?

Hi all guys, I wanted to ask you one thing, I several months ago when I played don't starve there was a mod for don't starve for translate it in Italian, now I want to get back to playing a don't starve but this mod can not find it ... where is it?

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/files/file/106-italian-translation-full-1206/

Next time just click the downloads tab at the top and search for what ya need. But I think this is what you're looking for.

If this mod is out-of-date you might have to look in the downloads for another one, but I doubt there are two italian translation mods out there.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/files/file/106-italian-translation-full-1206/

Next time just click the downloads tab at the top and search for what ya need. But I think this is what you're looking for.

If this mod is out-of-date you might have to look in the downloads for another one, but I doubt there are two italian translation mods out there.

I had seen that page, but in the changelog, last update mod is  IT'S NOT A ROCK! that is many months ago it's not a rock... so do not think it works with the new version of The Stuff Of Nightmare .. or am I wrong?

I had seen that page, but in the changelog, last update mod is  IT'S NOT A ROCK! that is many months ago it's not a rock... so do not think it works with the new version of The Stuff Of Nightmare .. or am I wrong?

So you found the mod but thought it wasn't it because it's not updated? Go bug the maker to update it then.

So you found the mod but thought it wasn't it because it's not updated? Go bug the maker to update it then.

So I have to wait for the creator update mod for new patch do not starve? I'm sorry but I'm Italian, and I read and I answer with the translator xD

So I have to wait for the creator update mod for new patch do not starve? I'm sorry but I'm Italian, and I read and I answer with the translator xD

Gli aggiornamenti non inferiscono piu con i mod, è solo che quello che ha fatto la traduzione deve includere la traduzione per le differenti creature e oggetti che sono state aggiunte di recente. Prova a mandarli un messaggio qui oppure nella pagina di Steam

yes, but he hasn't updated it in several months, so you would probably have to bug him to update it or you are out of luck.

Gli aggiornamenti non inferiscono piu con i mod, è solo che quello che ha fatto la traduzione deve includere la traduzione per le differenti creature e oggetti che sono state aggiunte di recente. Prova a mandarli un messaggio qui oppure nella pagina di Steam

Ok but ... what should I ask? How soon will update the translation of don't starve?

yes, but he hasn't updated it in several months, so you would probably have to bug him to update it or you are out of luck.

then in a few words, the translation / mod has been pending for several months? and why ?  I'm sorry but I did not understand the last sentence you wrote ..

Basta che li chiedi di aggiornarlo. Quando o se lo aggiorna è in mano sua...

okay thank you, thank you also for translating what you wrote in my Italian language so as to facilitate me the translation and response. Thank you for everything :)

then in a few words, the translation / mod has been pending for several months? and why ?  I'm sorry but I did not understand the last sentence you wrote ..

The modder probably stopped playing or just lost interest in updating his mod.

The modder probably stopped playing or just lost interest in updating his mod.

ah ... ok .. however, I always found here on this forum always download versions of don't starve, but now can not find it ... could you link me the page? a couple of months ago a new update just came out of the game here was the download immediately ...

ah ... ok .. however, I always found here on this forum always download versions of don't starve, but now can not find it ... could you link me the page? a couple of months ago a new update just came out of the game here was the download immediately ...

Scrivimi in italiano che non riesco a capire cosa intendi.

P.S. Sono italiano.

Scrivimi in italiano che non riesco a capire cosa intendi.

P.S. Sono italiano.

Aahhh... che bello... qualcuno di italiano allora c'è... xD 

Avevo scritto che io tempo fa quando giocavo a don't starve venivo qui su questo forum per scaricarmelo ogni qualvolta usciva una nuova versione.. ora che ho di nuovo voglia di giocare a don't starve non riesco più a trovare il download per scaricarlo... li hanno tolti ? non esiste più la versione free ? ora è tutto a pagamento ? 

P.S.: Visto che sei italiano come me, ne sai qualcosa su quel ragazzo che ogni volta che usciva un nuovo update sul gioco aggiornava sempre la traduzione in italiano ? che fine ha fatto? ha abbandonato ? 

Avevo scritto che io tempo fa quando giocavo a don't starve venivo qui su questo forum per scaricarmelo ogni qualvolta usciva una nuova versione.. ora che ho di nuovo voglia di giocare a don't starve non riesco più a trovare il download per scaricarlo... li hanno tolti ? non esiste più la versione free ? ora è tutto a pagamento ?

L'unica versione gratis è la demo su Google Chrome. Se hai il gioco su Steam allora quello si agiorna da solo. Non devi scaricare niente. Se no, allora devi andare sulla cartella dove il gioco è instalato e devi iniziare l'updater manualmente.

P.S.: Visto che sei italiano come me, ne sai qualcosa su quel ragazzo che ogni volta che usciva un nuovo update sul gioco aggiornava sempre la traduzione in italiano ? che fine ha fatto? ha abbandonato ? 

Allora, la versione gratis non esiste. C'è solo una demo su google chrome, ma è una demo. Da quanto è che non ci giocavi a DS? 

Se vuoi puoi comprarlo su steam o su google chrome.

Io non uso la traduzione in italiano, quindi non ti saprei dire. Se compri il gioco su steam, comunque, puoi aver accesso a tutte le mod, e credo che qualche mod che traduca il gioco in italiano ci sia (anzi, ne sono quasi certo).

L'unica versione gratis è la demo su Google Chrome. Se hai il gioco su Steam allora quello si agiorna da solo. Non devi scaricare niente. Se no, allora devi andare sulla cartella dove il gioco è instalato e devi iniziare l'updater manualmente.

Teo, are you writing in italian with the google translate or by yourself?

I'm getting rusty :/

nah, non fai cosi schifo ;) il tuo italiano è molto buono per essere uno straniero che non vive in Italia... scrivi meglio anche di alcuni italiani (ma questa è un altra storia)...

comunque ritornando on-topic, tempo fa avevo pensato io stesso di tradurre don't starve in italiano... poi ho abbandonato il progetto, un po perchè ho iniziato l'università e non ho più molto tempo libero, e un po perchè alcuni nomi di oggetti o mostri nel gioco sono giochi di parole che hanno un senso solo in inglese ^^

nah, non fai cosi schifo ;) il tuo italiano è molto buono per essere uno straniero che non vive in Italia... scrivi meglio anche di alcuni italiani (ma questa è un altra storia)...

comunque ritornando on-topic, tempo fa avevo pensato io stesso di tradurre don't starve in italiano... poi ho abbandonato il progetto, un po perchè ho iniziato l'università e non ho più molto tempo libero, e un po perchè alcuni nomi di oggetti o mostri nel gioco sono giochi di parole che hanno un senso solo in inglese ^^

I wonder how I managed to understand that.

But anyway, I do agree that some things just don't translate properly, invariably becoming somewhat awkward. If a person knows enough English, playing the game untranslated is the way to get the most of out it.

That being said, translations have always been quite laborious due to the sheer amount of repetitive work and the need to keep that up to date with the game. But now that the updates are over, doing a translation just became a lot more feasible.

I wonder how I managed to understand that.

But anyway, I do agree that some things just don't translate properly, invariably becoming somewhat awkward. If a person knows enough English, playing the game untranslated is the way to get the most of out it.

That being said, translations have always been quite laborious due to the sheer amount of repetitive work and the need to keep that up to date with the game. But now that the updates are over, doing a translation just became a lot more feasible.

so you understand what i've wrote without be italian or ever studied my language? impressive... or maybe you're just spanish ;P (it's easy for a spanish understand italian and viceversa cause a lot of words are similar)

i've replied in my language cause the guy who started the topic don't speak very good english (as me)

yep, as i said (and as like some other cool games like Dragon Quest VIII one of the greatest rpg ever^^) the mob's names are some "game of words" (giochi di parole, don't know how say that in english), so if i tried to translate some of them, they will become nonsense in italian or not so funny as the english version

well now the update is over, but as i said, the university don't let me so much free time so i had abandoned the project...

sorry for bad english (again)

so you understand what i've wrote without be italian or ever studied my language? impressive... or maybe you're just spanish ;P (it's easy for a spanish understand italian and viceversa cause a lot of words are similar)

Brazilian, but Portuguese is still close enough. If you're willing to get technical, I have Italian citizenship as well, but since I don't speak Italian that's beyond the point.

yep, as i said (and as like some other cool games like Dragon Quest VIII one of the greatest rpg ever^^) the mob's names are some "game of words" (giochi di parole, don't know how say that in english), so if i tried to translate some of them, they will become nonsense in italian or not so funny as the english version

The term you're looking for is "wordplay". There's also the issue with the order of adjectives and nouns, as well as some expressions like "It's all piney". It's certainly not easy to do a good translation...

well now the update is over, but as i said, the university don't let me so much free time so i had abandoned the project...

I get that. My point is that now even if you were to slowly work on it, that work wouldn't be wasted, because the game strings won't change anymore. But the same applies to any person willing to do a translation, it doesn't have to be you, especially since you're lacking the time for it.

No, forse non mi sono spiegato... io non gioco a don't starve da giugno e ogni volta che usciva un nuovo update del gioco qui sopra sul forum c'era subito il download per scaricarla e aggiornare il gioco tramite un file .exe tutto gratuitamente... cos'è successo dopo 3 mesi ? hanno tolto tutti i download dal forum ? 

Allora, la versione gratis non esiste. C'è solo una demo su google chrome, ma è una demo. Da quanto è che non ci giocavi a DS? 

Se vuoi puoi comprarlo su steam o su google chrome.

Io non uso la traduzione in italiano, quindi non ti saprei dire. Se compri il gioco su steam, comunque, puoi aver accesso a tutte le mod, e credo che qualche mod che traduca il gioco in italiano ci sia (anzi, ne sono quasi certo).

Non esiste, ma è esistita. Non gioco a don't starve da giugno quindi circa 3 mesi, quando usciva una nuova versione del gioco venivo su questo forum per scaricarmi il .exe che mi aggiornava il gioco.. il tutto gratuitamente.. come mai ora non ci sono più ? è stato cancellato e vietato tutto ? 

Archived