How many players play on Custom Worlds?

-poll title here-  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the World Customization Screen?

• No, vanilla is tasty. (Default settings)
    • Yes, to make the game easier. (More food/resources, less mobs, etc)
    • Yes, to make the game harder. (Less food/resources, more mobs, etc)
    • Yes, but it's more for a personal playstyle. (Not so motivated by change of difficulty)
    • Yes, on Default Plus or Lights Out.

Before I made it easier, only with more beefalos(for mobs), now default, starting adding more spiders, but for more silk/spider gland/monster meat instead of making the game hard, since spiders are extremely easy to kill, evenly without armor, only bad when a whole army wants to kill you.Also adding more tallbirds for more eggs  :razz:

So wait, what makes the game difficult for him then?

That's the thing with differing playstyles and the general assumption that Don't Starve is too easy/too hard. Some still find it too hard and tweak the settings, some find it too forgiving and tweak the settings, some find certain aspects annoying and tweak the settings, and that's why I don't see changing the game's options as cheating unless it's extravagant and needless boasting occurs.

Alv has been playing for a long time indeed. xD

Never understood the gobbler hate. They're only mildly annoying, and even set to "more" I don't see them very often.

They're also free food if you drop a berry on the ground, since they'll choose to slowly walk towards it while being hacked to death by an axe instead of running away.

Well, my Murphy's Law luck means i get them on day one almost every third or fourth berry bush I pick....before flint found of course and have to beeline to the next bush before they do. This is when starving is a tantamount possibility. I mean I'm getting tired of frequently having two sets of Gobbler drops daily my luck is so good/bad with them. by the time day three or four rolls around they seem to spawn more normally for me, but we have an understanding, that they populate to the level of vermin, and they die like rats....tasty tasty rats.

That's the thing with differing playstyles and the general assumption that Don't Starve is too easy/too hard. Some still find it too hard and tweak the settings, some find it too forgiving and tweak the settings, some find certain aspects annoying and tweak the settings, and that's why I don't see changing the game's options as cheating unless it's extravagant and needless boasting occurs.

Alv has been playing for a long time indeed. xD

I understand what you mean, but I just meant to ask what aspect of the game was hard. Managing food, finding a good spot for settlement, combat, etc.

Archived