[HELP] Sanity-dependent quotes?

buttercup

So just for fun, I've been messing around with dialogue strings - nothing serious, mostly just fixing misspellings and making the generic quotes character-specific. Anyway, I was just wondering, is there any way to make a description string change depending on your character's sanity level? For example, would it be possible to change the description of bunnies when they become beardlings, or is that not a thing that can happen? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm kind of bad at this whole modding thing. >_>

You can set a function to do this, that would include checking the observer for something. Check out nightmare_timepiece.lua for an example, it is this function reference

inst:AddComponent("inspectable")    inst.components.inspectable.getstatus = GetStatus

it is then mirrored in the strings file, ex

NIGHTMARE_TIMEPIECE =        {            WAXING = "I think it's becoming more concentrated!",            STEADY = "It seems to be staying steady.",            WANING = "Feels like it's receding.",            DAWN = "The nightmare is almost gone!",            WARN = "Getting pretty magical around here.",            CALM = "All is well.",            NOMAGIC = "There's no magic around here.",        }

Archived