[Halloween Challenge] Horrors at Hallow's End

Battal

Horrors at Hallow's End is a mod collaboration (idea).   It is to be created for the Halloween Challenge.

The player must first find the Mysterious Storybook.  This can be found next to any boon.  Upon reading this book, the player will be transported into another world.  In this other world, the player will spawn outside a huge pig village setpiece.  The village looks decorated for Halloween, with pumkins and such.  However, the pigs are under assault by a headlees, cloaked pig riding a black beefalo.  Upon damaging the Headless Pigman enough, it will flee and despawn offscreen.  The pigs will then congragulate you for saving their village,  then invite you for their "spooky day fest" in thirty one days.  The pigs will then tell the played to go away.  

The player must survive 31 days until the festival, every 5 days they will be assaulted by the Pigman.  The small island the player is transported to will also be populated by a small variety of creepy variations of normal mobs  [Retextured rabbits, retextured hounds, etc] .  After 31 days,  the player will say, I should really get back to those pigs now.  

Upon arriving at the village, the houses will be burning and the Headless Pigman will be riding around.  The pigs, now wearing halloween costumes, will be running around in a panic.  The player must kill the Headless Pigman, who will drop his head (which cannon be picked up) upon death.  The pigs will again say thanks, but then the Pigman's jackolantern head will roll at you and latch onto your head like a slurper.  The player will then die, then be transported again.

Upon spawning, the player will be knocked out in a circle of light, with Maxwell.  Maxwell will give a little speech, then the player will be transported back to their world.

It's times like these I wish I knew how to make a spoiler.   :razz:

I hope that some people would like to help, as I have no coding experience and am a bad artist.  If anyone has suggestions, or want to help, just post below.

Current Members:

Creator/Base Idea: @Lord_Battal

Writers:

@DaverGamer

You can always take a look at their code, but I assure you, it's no cakewalk. By now everything is possible in regards to modding, but your project is still very ambitious and in all honesty I don't think it's doable in the short time frame. But definately doable nontheless!

that's a huge collaboration endorsed by klei and even still, it probably won't require as much coding as your idea. honestly, I really like the idea but my guess is it's too ambitious of a project to just start a thread and say ''hey anyone want to do this?''. if it were to be done, you'd need someone really devoted to the idea.

[...] I really like the idea but my guess is it's too ambitious of a project to just start a thread and say ''hey anyone want to do this?''. if it were to be done, you'd need someone really devoted to the idea.

If I remeber that is exactly how UaA started  : P

But you're right anyways, so many people are involved in UaA that there's barely a chance that enough people will join this to finish it in time.

@Lord_Battal But if you ever feel like doing this with a less restricted time frame count me in  ; )

Archived