Do different tree sizes yield different amounts of charcoal when burned?

I've always been kind of conservative with my charcoal gathering, so I don't run out of trees. I'd harvest only the largest trees for wood, then take the multiple pine cones they drop and split them up, half for replanting and half for charcoal production. I'd plant a group of tiny trees and burn them immediately, as the smallest trees don't provide enough resources to be worth cutting, and the larger ones promote reforestation with multiple pine cones along with yielding more wood.

But then I got to thinking that if large trees yield multiple charcoal for a nominal investment of time, why wouldn't you wait it out? So do they? Or does my current tiny tree burning method work best?

I would test it myself, but I'm not near my gaming PC atm.

With the recent buff to how much fuel Logs add to a Camp Fire or Fire Pit, Charcoal's only real use now is making Crock Pots, and really, do you ever need more than 2 or 3 of those? So really, one screen-sized forest fire is enough charcoal for forever, even though you're only getting 1/tree burnt.

(All that being said, it would add to the realism factor that this game generally nails by making the largest tree size have a high chance of dropping 2 Charcoal and maybe a 2nd Pine Cone, too.)