[Bugs] Moth Lamp

simplex

The thing is I don't know how the modding community around here will fare even in the short term. After DS stopped being updated, it went quite stale. And now RoG is almost done. That's the main reason why I haven't written it so far.

I'm leaning towards writing it. But if I do tackle this, I won't have much (if at all) time U&A development until it's done. I need to at least fix the whirwind freeze first, but besides that, are there any pressing matters I should take care of?

Unfortunately, you're right about the community going stale.

I'm still going to be here working on U&A even after RoG is done, but I can't speak for everyone else. Although, the people we do have are those who have stuck with the forums for a long time.

The only bug I can think of is the issue with vanilla setpieces appearing in the cloud realm, but that's not a major roadblock or anything. I'm not sure that's fixable, though.

The only bug I can think of is the issue with vanilla setpieces appearing in the cloud realm, but that's not a major roadblock or anything. I'm not sure that's fixable, though.

Can you give me the name of a vanilla set piece known to spawn in the cloud realm?

Can you give me the name of a vanilla set piece known to spawn in the cloud realm?

I'm not on a computer that has Don't Starve files at the moment, so I can't give you an exact name. I know for sure that the fire staff trap setpiece spawns fairly often, though.

I can bring up the exact name once I get to my home computer, though.

I'm not on a computer that has Don't Starve files at the moment, so I can't give you an exact name. I know for sure that the fire staff trap setpiece spawns fairly often, though.

I can bring up the exact name once I get to my home computer, though.

I just ran some simple tests and found one: "Rotted Base".

EDIT: And "Rotted Base" counts as a trap. So does the fire staff trap, and the dev graveyard (which I think I heard someone saying it spawned). If you take a look at map/traps.lua, they are primarily based by ground type, so by removing vanilla ground types (such as GROUND.MARSH as background) we'd get rid of most of them. Some, however (the categories "Rare" and "Any") are added regardless of ground type. This seems to be done directly in worldgen_main.lua, and it seems only set pieces counting as traps are added this way. I'm looking further into it.

There we go, here lies the culprit, hiding in worldgen_main.lua:

local function AddSetPeices(level, world_gen_choices)	local boons_override = "default"	local touchstone_override = "default"	local traps_override = "default"	local poi_override = "default"	local protected_override = "default"	if world_gen_choices["tweak"] ~=nil and 		world_gen_choices["tweak"]["misc"] ~= nil then		if world_gen_choices["tweak"]["misc"]["boons"] ~= nil then			boons_override = world_gen_choices["tweak"]["misc"]["boons"]		end		if world_gen_choices["tweak"]["misc"]["touchstone"] ~= nil then			touchstone_override = world_gen_choices["tweak"]["misc"]["touchstone"]		end		if world_gen_choices["tweak"]["misc"]["traps"] ~= nil then			traps_override = world_gen_choices["tweak"]["misc"]["traps"]		end		if world_gen_choices["tweak"]["misc"]["poi"] ~= nil then			poi_override = world_gen_choices["tweak"]["misc"]["poi"]		end		if world_gen_choices["tweak"]["misc"]["protected"] ~= nil then			protected_override = world_gen_choices["tweak"]["misc"]["protected"]		end	end	if traps_override ~= "never" then		AddSingleSetPeice(level, "map/traps")	end	if poi_override ~= "never" then		AddSingleSetPeice(level, "map/pointsofinterest")	end	if protected_override ~= "never" then		AddSingleSetPeice(level, "map/protected_resources")	end	local multiply = {		["rare"] = 0.5,		["default"] = 1,		["often"] = 1.5,		["mostly"] = 2.2,		["always"] = 3,			}	if touchstone_override ~= "default" and level.set_pieces ~= nil and 								level.set_pieces["ResurrectionStone"] ~= nil then		if touchstone_override == "never" then			level.set_pieces["ResurrectionStone"] = nil		else			level.set_pieces["ResurrectionStone"].count = math.ceil(level.set_pieces["ResurrectionStone"].count*multiply[touchstone_override])		end	end	if boons_override ~= "never" then		-- Quick hack to get the boons in		for idx=1, math.random(math.floor(3*multiply[boons_override]), math.ceil(8*multiply[boons_override])) do			AddSingleSetPeice(level, "map/boons")		end	endend
We could get rid of them simply by setting all the mentioned overrides to "never". However, I'll do something more interesting to allow overriding the choices with our own traps/boons/etc. later if we want to.

@debugman18

Fixed, vanilla set pieces no longer spawn in the cloud realm. We can add our own traps and the like by specifying them in map/traps.lua, map/pointsofinterest.lua, map/protected_resources.lua and map/boons.lua (all in code/, of course).

Awesome! I'll have to try and spend some time tomorrow experimenting with them.

@debugman18

It seems my attempt at fixing the stray white pixels with ktech was a major fail. The averaging of the alpha channel was completely screwing up images with thin regions in the middle of transparency (such as Wilson's mouth). I improved the solution adopted (no longer averaging anything), and now both the stray pixels are gone and images look sharper. What I'm doing now is simply apply a noise filter to the alpha channel and to eliminate pixels with opacity less than 10% (since DXT5 compression does some averaging of pixels in 4x4 blocks, a pixel with low but non-zero opacity causes a color bleed). These operations, like before, are only done to the non-primary mipmaps, the image in full resolution is kept untouched.

I uploaded ktech version 3.1 to the forums, but I have not pushed the changes to the git repo. Since now ktech and the build decompiler are part of the same source tree, they'll become their own repo (which I'll name ktools), but I won't create it until the build decompiler (krane) is more mature.

EDIT: I already recompiled our assets.

@debugman18

It seems my attempt at fixing the stray white pixels with ktech was a major fail. The averaging of the alpha channel was completely screwing up images with thin regions in the middle of transparency (such as Wilson's mouth). I improved the solution adopted (no longer averaging anything), and now both the stray pixels are gone and images look sharper. What I'm doing now is simply apply a noise filter to the alpha channel and to eliminate pixels with opacity less than 10% (since DXT5 compression does some averaging of pixels in 4x4 blocks, a pixel with low but non-zero opacity causes a color bleed). These operations, like before, are only done to the non-primary mipmaps, the image in full resolution is kept untouched.

I uploaded ktech version 3.1 to the forums, but I have not pushed the changes to the git repo. Since now ktech and the build decompiler are part of the same source tree, they'll become their own repo (which I'll name ktools), but I won't create it until the build decompiler (krane) is more mature.

EDIT: I already recompiled our assets.

I saw the recompiled assets, I did a make dist and reuploaded the prealpha to where I linked JarDev to. He hasn't got my message yet, so he'll get the proper assets when he checks it. Although I didn't notice any issues with texturing, I did see the discussion in the character thread. Also, krane has a nice ring to it, how'd you come up with that name?

I saw the recompiled assets, I did a make dist and reuploaded the prealpha to where I linked JarDev to. He hasn't got my message yet, so he'll get the proper assets when he checks it. Although I didn't notice any issues with texturing, I did see the discussion in the character thread. Also, krane has a nice ring to it, how'd you come up with that name?

I don't believe any of our assets were affected, but just in case we didn't spot something I'm glad you did this.

And about the name "krane", I went on a thesaurus hunt, starting with the word "build" and related terms and hopping amongst synonyms and antonyms looking for something I liked. I settled for "crane", in the following sense: "Stretch out (one’s neck) so as to see something". It related to the idea that this is a tool allowing one to peek into what's really into the binary files in which the game stores animation data. And, of couse, I could make it start with a 'k' to fit the theme :razz:.

And by the way, I found a script ds_to_spriter.py included in the mod tools. It converts Klei's intermediate XML format to a Spriter project (I believe this is what was used to convert the assets Cheerio posted, such as character builds). Since this XML format is not too dissimilar to the binary format, it should serve as a very good reference.

EDIT: My original thought was to name it kbuild (even though it's a somewhat too obvious and boring term), but I decided to pick something else since kbuild is already the name of the Linux kernel's build system :razz:.

And by the way, I found a script ds_to_spriter.py included in the mod tools. It converts Klei's intermediate XML format to a Spriter project (I believe this is what was used to convert the assets Cheerio posted, such as character builds). Since this XML format is not too dissimilar to the binary format, it should serve as a very good reference.

I'm unfamiliar with almost everything dealing with animation, but are you familiar with the Animation Commandline Tool? It converts anim.bin/build.bin files into plaintext and back. I used it before Spriter came about (and still use it because I haven't bothered to learn much about Spriter or the autocompiler), but it includes some documentation about the build/anim formats and the C++ source code of the tool.

Just throwing it out there. No clue if it's of any use to you.

I'm unfamiliar with almost everything dealing with animation, but are you familiar with the Animation Commandline Tool? It converts anim.bin/build.bin files into plaintext and back. I used it before Spriter came about (and still use it because I haven't bothered to learn much about Spriter or the autocompiler), but it includes some documentation about the build/anim formats and the C++ source code of the tool.

Just throwing it out there. No clue if it's of any use to you.

Yes, I've seen it. But it doesn't give any more info than the buildanimation.py script in the mod tools (it's based on it, in fact). And the buildanimation.py script is all I'll ever need on the binary format, since it's precisely the script which converts the intermediate XML format to the binary one. (and the binary reading/interpreting part of krane is basically done already)

Since we have "official" references on turning the XML into binary, and on turning the XML into SCML, I don't expect any serious roadblocks.

Yes, I've seen it. But it doesn't give any more info than the buildanimation.py script in the mod tools (it's based on it, in fact). And the buildanimation.py script is all I'll ever need on the binary format, since it's precisely the script which converts the intermediate XML format to the binary one. (and the binary reading/interpreting part of krane is basically done already)

Since we have "official" references on turning the XML into binary, and on turning the XML into SCML, I don't expect any serious roadblocks.

Figured as much. Nevermind then. :-)

Progress!

Loading build from `build.bin'...Loading build information...Reading build name...	Got build name: wilsonReading atlas names...	Got atlas name: atlas-0.texReading animation symbols...	Loading symbol 0x148cae3e...	Reading frames...		Reading frame at position #1...		Reading frame at position #2...		Reading frame at position #3...	Loading symbol 0x16f1c7c2...	Reading frames...		Reading frame at position #1...		Reading frame at position #2...		Reading frame at position #3...	Loading symbol 0x16f6c8ef...	Reading frames...		Reading frame at position #1...		Reading frame at position #2...		Reading frame at position #3...		Reading frame at position #4...		Reading frame at position #5...		Reading frame at position #6...		Reading frame at position #7...		Reading frame at position #8...		Reading frame at position #9...		Reading frame at position #10...		Reading frame at position #11...	Loading symbol 0x2c259373...	Reading frames...		Reading frame at position #1...		Reading frame at position #2...		Reading frame at position #3...		Reading frame at position #4...		Reading frame at position #5...		Reading frame at position #6...		Reading frame at position #7...		Reading frame at position #8...		Reading frame at position #9...		Reading frame at position #10...	Loading symbol 0x3489a15e...	Reading frames...		Reading frame at position #1...		Reading frame at position #2...		Reading frame at position #3...	Loading symbol 0x3593a3ae...	Reading frames...		Reading frame at position #1...		Reading frame at position #2...		Reading frame at position #3...		Reading frame at position #4...		Reading frame at position #5...		Reading frame at position #6...		Reading frame at position #7...		Reading frame at position #8...		Reading frame at position #9...	Loading symbol 0x4244f40d...	Reading frames...		Reading frame at position #1...		Reading frame at position #2...		Reading frame at position #3...	Loading symbol 0xa2f0697f...	Reading frames...		Reading frame at position #1...		Reading frame at position #2...		Reading frame at position #3...		Reading frame at position #4...		Reading frame at position #5...	Loading symbol 0xad192971...	Reading frames...		Reading frame at position #1...		Reading frame at position #2...		Reading frame at position #3...	Loading symbol 0xb887c7cd...	Reading frames...		Reading frame at position #1...		Reading frame at position #2...	Loading symbol 0xb9de24bd...	Reading frames...		Reading frame at position #1...		Reading frame at position #2...		Reading frame at position #3...		Reading frame at position #4...		Reading frame at position #5...		Reading frame at position #6...		Reading frame at position #7...		Reading frame at position #8...		Reading frame at position #9...		Reading frame at position #10...		Reading frame at position #11...		Reading frame at position #12...		Reading frame at position #13...		Reading frame at position #14...	Loading symbol 0xc0cf00ce...	Reading frames...		Reading frame at position #1...		Reading frame at position #2...		Reading frame at position #3...		Reading frame at position #4...		Reading frame at position #5...		Reading frame at position #6...		Reading frame at position #7...Post-processing animation symbols...	Post-processing symbol 0x148cae3e...		Post-processing frame at position #1...		Post-processing frame at position #2...		Post-processing frame at position #3...	Post-processing symbol 0x16f1c7c2...		Post-processing frame at position #1...		Post-processing frame at position #2...		Post-processing frame at position #3...	Post-processing symbol 0x16f6c8ef...		Post-processing frame at position #1...		Post-processing frame at position #2...		Post-processing frame at position #3...		Post-processing frame at position #4...		Post-processing frame at position #5...		Post-processing frame at position #6...		Post-processing frame at position #7...		Post-processing frame at position #8...		Post-processing frame at position #9...		Post-processing frame at position #10...		Post-processing frame at position #11...	Post-processing symbol 0x2c259373...		Post-processing frame at position #1...		Post-processing frame at position #2...		Post-processing frame at position #3...		Post-processing frame at position #4...		Post-processing frame at position #5...		Post-processing frame at position #6...		Post-processing frame at position #7...		Post-processing frame at position #8...		Post-processing frame at position #9...		Post-processing frame at position #10...	Post-processing symbol 0x3489a15e...		Post-processing frame at position #1...		Post-processing frame at position #2...		Post-processing frame at position #3...	Post-processing symbol 0x3593a3ae...		Post-processing frame at position #1...		Post-processing frame at position #2...		Post-processing frame at position #3...		Post-processing frame at position #4...		Post-processing frame at position #5...		Post-processing frame at position #6...		Post-processing frame at position #7...		Post-processing frame at position #8...		Post-processing frame at position #9...	Post-processing symbol 0x4244f40d...		Post-processing frame at position #1...		Post-processing frame at position #2...		Post-processing frame at position #3...	Post-processing symbol 0xa2f0697f...		Post-processing frame at position #1...		Post-processing frame at position #2...		Post-processing frame at position #3...		Post-processing frame at position #4...		Post-processing frame at position #5...	Post-processing symbol 0xad192971...		Post-processing frame at position #1...		Post-processing frame at position #2...		Post-processing frame at position #3...	Post-processing symbol 0xb887c7cd...		Post-processing frame at position #1...		Post-processing frame at position #2...	Post-processing symbol 0xb9de24bd...		Post-processing frame at position #1...		Post-processing frame at position #2...		Post-processing frame at position #3...		Post-processing frame at position #4...		Post-processing frame at position #5...		Post-processing frame at position #6...		Post-processing frame at position #7...		Post-processing frame at position #8...		Post-processing frame at position #9...		Post-processing frame at position #10...		Post-processing frame at position #11...		Post-processing frame at position #12...		Post-processing frame at position #13...		Post-processing frame at position #14...	Post-processing symbol 0xc0cf00ce...		Post-processing frame at position #1...		Post-processing frame at position #2...		Post-processing frame at position #3...		Post-processing frame at position #4...		Post-processing frame at position #5...		Post-processing frame at position #6...		Post-processing frame at position #7...Loading animation symbol hash table...	Got 0x16f1c7c2 => "hair"	Got 0x4244f40d => "headbase_hat"	Got 0xb887c7cd => "cheeks"	Got 0xc0cf00ce => "foot"	Got 0x16f6c8ef => "hand"	Got 0xad192971 => "headbase"	Got 0x2c259373 => "torso"	Got 0x3489a15e => "hair_hat"	Got 0x3593a3ae => "leg"	Got 0xb9de24bd => "face"	Got 0x148cae3e => "arm_lower"	Got 0xa2f0697f => "arm_upper"Finished loading.

Though of course this is just turning the binary build data into internal structures. There's still the anim data, and the hardest part, which is slicing the atlas according to the frames' triangulation (their simplicial decomposition :razz:) and actually writing the scml after converting concepts from one system to the other.

I can't reproduce it, could you post your log?

But... There was nothing in log. Just an actions.

My crash looked like this:

I'm trying not to be thrown somewhere in Cloud Realm so I'm moving in panic and then I'm somewhere in Cloud Realm's outsides (still sucking in by whirlwind), and then my screen is making white showing:

Don't Starve.exe does not reply. Windows is trying to search the problem.

More progress! anim.bin is also being loaded/processed.

Loading anim file from `anim.bin'...Loading anim file information...Loading 9 animations...Got animation name: run_preLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_loopLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 5...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 6...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 7...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 8...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 9...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 10...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 11...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 12...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 13...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 14...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 15...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 16...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_pstLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 5...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 6...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 7...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 8...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_preLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_loopLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 5...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 6...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 7...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 8...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 9...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 10...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 11...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 12...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 13...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 14...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 15...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 16...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_pstLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 5...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 6...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 7...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 8...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_preLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_loopLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 5...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 6...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 7...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 8...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 9...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 10...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 11...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 12...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 13...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 14...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 15...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 16...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_pstLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 5...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 6...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 7...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 8...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Loading anim hash table...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 5...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 6...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 7...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 8...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 9...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 10...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 11...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 12...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 13...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 14...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 15...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 16...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 5...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 6...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 7...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 8...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 5...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 6...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 7...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 8...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 9...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 10...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 11...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 12...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 13...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 14...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 15...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 16...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 5...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 6...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 7...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 8...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 5...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 6...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 7...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 8...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 9...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 10...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 11...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 12...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 13...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 14...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 15...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 16...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 5...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 6...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 7...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 8...		Post-processing elements...Finished loading.

I posted the "short" (verbosity level 2, the default is 0) output because at maximum output (verbosity level 5) it was over 6000 lines :razz:.

More progress! anim.bin is also being loaded/processed.

Loading anim file from `anim.bin'...Loading anim file information...Loading 9 animations...Got animation name: run_preLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_loopLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 5...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 6...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 7...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 8...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 9...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 10...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 11...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 12...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 13...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 14...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 15...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 16...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_pstLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 5...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 6...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 7...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 8...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_preLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_loopLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 5...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 6...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 7...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 8...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 9...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 10...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 11...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 12...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 13...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 14...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 15...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 16...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_pstLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 5...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 6...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 7...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 8...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_preLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_loopLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 5...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 6...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 7...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 8...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 9...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 10...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 11...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 12...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 13...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 14...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 15...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 16...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Got animation name: run_pstLoading animation frames...	Loading animation frame 1...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 2...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 3...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 4...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 5...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 6...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 7...		Loading events...		Loading elements...	Loading animation frame 8...		Loading events...		Loading elements...Loading anim hash table...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 5...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 6...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 7...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 8...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 9...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 10...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 11...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 12...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 13...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 14...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 15...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 16...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 5...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 6...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 7...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 8...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 5...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 6...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 7...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 8...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 9...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 10...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 11...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 12...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 13...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 14...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 15...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 16...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 5...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 6...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 7...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 8...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 5...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 6...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 7...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 8...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 9...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 10...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 11...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 12...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 13...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 14...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 15...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 16...		Post-processing elements...Got bank name: wilsonPost-processing animation frames...	Post-processing animation frame 1...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 2...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 3...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 4...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 5...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 6...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 7...		Post-processing elements...	Post-processing animation frame 8...		Post-processing elements...Finished loading.

I posted the "short" (verbosity level 2, the default is 0) output because at maximum output (verbosity level 5) it was over 6000 lines :razz:.

And even that is a lot to read. :p

6000 lines is insane...

And even that is a lot to read. :razz:

6000 lines is insane...

Well, I picked the anim.bin in player_basic.zip as a sample. If I'm printing information about every animation symbol in every frame of every core Wilson animation... it's gonna be big.

Anyway, the easiest yet most tiring part is done.

So I found an interesting bug. If you save in the snow biome and reload, it crashes to an error screen.

scripts/components/seasonmanager.lua:913: attempt to index field 'snow' (a nil value)LUA ERROR stack traceback:        scripts/components/seasonmanager.lua(913,1) in function 'StopPrecip'        scripts/tuning_override.lua(470,1) in function '?'        scripts/tuning_override.lua(485,1) in function 'doit'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(574,1) in function 'PopulateWorld'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(788,1) in function 'DoInitGame'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(965,1) in function 'cb'        scripts/saveindex.lua(441,1)        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'        scripts/saveindex.lua(418,1) in function 'GetSaveData'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(967,1) in function 'DoLoadWorld'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1014,1) in function 'LoadSlot'    ...        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'        scripts/saveindex.lua(89,1) in function 'Load'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1135,1) in function 'callback'        scripts/playerprofile.lua(438,1) in function 'Set'        scripts/playerprofile.lua(330,1)        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'        scripts/playerprofile.lua(328,1) in function 'Load'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1134,1) in main chunk        =[C] in function 'require'        scripts/mainfunctions.lua(640,1)scripts/frontend.lua(712,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen  

Aside from that, cloud coral and cloud algae now have art that is a lot less placeholderish.

So I found an interesting bug. If you save in the snow biome and reload, it crashes to an error screen.

Again? I thought that had been fixed already. It might have something to do with the last RoG update. It was a pain getting the snow thing to work due to the radically different ways cave weather is handled between vanilla and RoG.

Again? I thought that had been fixed already. It might have something to do with the last RoG update. It was a pain getting the snow thing to work due to the radically different ways cave weather is handled between vanilla and RoG.

It may have been. I don't recall seeing it the first time, so it's not really again for me. :razz:

So that, the golden egg animation, and the swift worldgen screen are the only bugs left, I think.

Although I feel like I'm forgetting something. Edit: Ah, right. The RPG hud incompatibility.

Archived