[Bugs] Moth Lamp

simplex

So I found an interesting bug. If you save in the snow biome and reload, it crashes to an error screen.

scripts/components/seasonmanager.lua:913: attempt to index field 'snow' (a nil value)

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

scripts/components/seasonmanager.lua(913,1) in function 'StopPrecip'

scripts/tuning_override.lua(470,1) in function '?'

scripts/tuning_override.lua(485,1) in function 'doit'

scripts/gamelogic.lua(574,1) in function 'PopulateWorld'

scripts/gamelogic.lua(788,1) in function 'DoInitGame'

scripts/gamelogic.lua(965,1) in function 'cb'

scripts/saveindex.lua(441,1)

=[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'

scripts/saveindex.lua(418,1) in function 'GetSaveData'

scripts/gamelogic.lua(967,1) in function 'DoLoadWorld'

scripts/gamelogic.lua(1014,1) in function 'LoadSlot'

scripts/saveindex.lua(89,1) in function 'Load'

scripts/gamelogic.lua(1135,1) in function 'callback'

scripts/playerprofile.lua(438,1) in function 'Set'

scripts/playerprofile.lua(330,1)

scripts/playerprofile.lua(328,1) in function 'Load'

scripts/gamelogic.lua(1134,1) in main chunk

=[C] in function 'require'

scripts/mainfunctions.lua(640,1)

scripts/frontend.lua(712,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen  

Aside from that, cloud coral and cloud algae now have art that is a lot less placeholderish.

I was seriously about to come in here and post about the snow crash.

You win this round. That was the exact error screen i had.

Yeah i know that last part was dumb to say :C

Attacking the shopkeeper makes the game go into perma cutscene mode, you can't pause the game or anything.

I didn't mean that the last part was dumb, what I meant is that if you found a bug, you should say what it is, not simple state you found it :razz:.

Attacking the shopkeeper is supposed to put you in a cutscene, where he says "..." and then vanishes. Is this not going all the way through?

Yeah i know that last part was dumb to say :C

Attacking the shopkeeper makes the game go into perma cutscene mode, you can't pause the game or anything.

I fixed this bug already (only by disabling the custscene for that speech) in a recent commit.

There was also an issue with followers that I fixed (it was extremely simple :razz:) so you probably still have that issue. For a bit of fun, bring Chester up and have him sucked into a whirlwind. :grin:

I didn't mean that the last part was dumb, what I meant is that if you found a bug, you should say what it is, not simple state you found it :razz:.

Attacking the shopkeeper is supposed to put you in a cutscene, where he says "..." and then vanishes. Is this not going all the way through?

The camera and HUD do not reset after the cutscene. I disabled the cutscene part as a fix. I don't know that "..." requires a cutscene, but if you want it as such, we could. :p

Fidoop has been testing the mod and letting me know about some minor bugs on Steam.

The camera and HUD do not reset after the cutscene. I disabled the cutscene part as a fix. I don't know that "..." requires a cutscene, but if you want it as such, we could. :razz:

Wait, what? Is this happening just for this cutscene, or is it widespread?

(if it's just for this cutscene, I'm quite sure it's caused by the shopkeeper entity being removed, and thus not restoring the state)

I probably should have :-)

For some reason i felt like waiting for someone to reply first before i told you what it was.. no idea why i was thinking like that.

Wait, what? Is this happening just for this cutscene, or is it widespread?

(if it's just for this cutscene, I'm quite sure it's caused by the shopkeeper entity being removed, and thus not restoring the state)

Only for that scene, as far as I've seen.

Only for that scene, as far as I've seen.

Then delaying the removal/special effects of the shopkeeper by 0.5 seconds or so should also fix it. But we may just leave it out, as you put it this doesn't really require a cutscene :razz:.

Then delaying the removal/special effects of the shopkeeper by 0.5 seconds or so should also fix it. But we may just leave it out, as you put it this doesn't really require a cutscene :razz:.

I'm okay with it either way.

Can you think of anything else that needs to be done before alpha? (Aside from the bugs we know of?)

I think I may add some more refiner recipes (I noticed JarDev tried a few different things that didn't yield anything) but aside from that I can't think of anything.

I did realize that realize that the bean giant does not have it's own brain and stategraph, so I'll need to address that.

There's also the mantas, but they require a lot of code and art, so I don't think we should put them in the alpha. We could, but I don't see a gameplay need for it. It falls more under populating the world in my opinion.

Can you think of anything else that needs to be done before alpha? (Aside from the bugs we know of?)

I think I may add some more refiner recipes (I noticed JarDev tried a few different things that didn't yield anything) but aside from that I can't think of anything.

I did realize that realize that the bean giant does not have it's own brain and stategraph, so I'll need to address that.

There's also the mantas, but they require a lot of code and art, so I don't think we should put them in the alpha. We could, but I don't see a gameplay need for it. It falls more under populating the world in my opinion.

Well, you guys should probably get the setpeices in.

Well, you guys should probably get the setpeices in.

I think Mr. Tiddles was planning on doing one or two. I'm also not very good at setpieces, do you have suggestions for some? (Using stuff that already exists; we don't need to add more to our art todo list.)

I think Mr. Tiddles was planning on doing one or two. I'm also not very good at setpieces, do you have suggestions for some? (Using stuff that already exists; we don't need to add more to our art todo list.)

Shrix Stine- I mean Strix Shrine? Basically be a ring of strix houses surrounding a bunch of crystals.

Or possibly a bunch of gustflowers placed in a walled-in area with a group of hostile mobs, as a trap. Or just traps in general, like the one with ice hounds.

Shrix Stine- I mean Strix Shrine? Basically be a ring of strix houses surrounding a bunch of crystals.

Or possibly a bunch of gustflowers placed in a walled-in area with a group of hostile mobs, as a trap. Or just traps in general, like the one with ice hounds.

You people with all your great ideas, and here i am, not being able to think of anything.

I also forgot to mention that you should probably do something about the fact you can't attack being sucked in by a whirlwind. The last time I got sucked in by one, I died to a tentacle.

I thought simplex implemented that at some point, but perhaps not? Are you on the latest version? I might be mistaken.

I think it's just the bugs/mod intercompatibility. Set pieces would be nice to have, but I wouldn't wait on them, we can add that later. And I was precisely gonna suggest leaving mantas out of alpha (at least in the first alpha release), due to the reasons you mentioned.

But we do need to settle on a numbering scheme for alphas and betas :razz:. "alpha-0"? "alpha-0.0"? "alpha-1.0"? "a0"? "a1"? "a0.0"? I could go on :razz:.

I also forgot to mention that you should probably do something about the fact you can't attack being sucked in by a whirlwind. The last time I got sucked in by one, I died to a tentacle.

You were supposed to be invincible while getting sucked by a whirlwind. Were you giving yourself invincibility by some other means (such as NTools)?

I think it's just the bugs/mod intercompatibility. Set pieces would be nice to have, but I wouldn't wait on them, we can add that later. And I was precisely gonna suggest leaving mantas out of alpha (at least in the first alpha release), due to the reasons you mentioned.

But we do need to settle on a numbering scheme for alphas and betas :razz:. "alpha-0"? "alpha-0.0"? "alpha-1.0"? "a0"? "a1"? "a0.0"? I could go on :razz:.

You were supposed to be invincible while getting sucked by a whirlwind. Were you giving yourself invincibility by some other means (such as NTools)?

Yeah.

Archived