The Great (Roleplay) Experiment (Newcomers Welcome)

ScienceMachine

ABOUT:

Okay, after looking about and reading the RP threads around here ... I must say they all stunk. Well, from a writer's perspective anyways. A writer that also RPs, so no smart comments about how I don't know jack about RPing.

And with that revelation, I've decided to start of own RP thread, but with a twist of its own. I'm going to disappoint a lot of you with this, so the weak may want to turn away now. Anyone still here? Good. Keep on reading then. How this RP works is simple: A minimum of 5 sentences each post. Yup, I'm going to squeeze my newcomers as much word as I can get with this RP, to prove that you guys aren't as simple and rather dull as I've psyched myself to believe.

And thus,

The Great (RolePlay) Experiment

RULES

How it works:

As stated above, just a minimum of 5 sentences each post. If you wrote the sentences too short of just wrote one worded sentences, they don't count. I'll be watching, and if I catch anyone of you trying to cheat the system, you have been warned.

About Characters:

Just post a character of your choice down in the doobly-doo. Appearance and personality description is very much advised and maybe a bit of a background. Alternatively, you can just dump them into my PM and I'll check everyone of you out personally. No Sues allowed.

Powers are allowed, but they will need to be nerfed considerably.

How useful/powerful it is < How much the user will have to pay physically and mentally

This is so so that users don't keep using their power in a setting that usually doesn't have any. In-game magical items work differently as they're already very taxing to craft.

Don't worry about the RP going slow;

It's part of the Experiment. Try to use proper grammar (if English isn't your first language, if it is however ...). Any blatant improper spelling will only get you closer to getting kicked. No instant crazy either, like sudden Deerclops or an army of spiders. Just let the story flow on its own.

Besides, I'm the Game Master here, so if any crazy is going to happen, it's going to be from me. Even then, I'll give you people plenty of warning of the impeding danger.

Some boring background to the setting:

The Watchers are becoming restless and Maxwell isn't getting enough sustenance or entertainment for Charlie and Them. The original four had perished on the Isles and Maxwell is looking for new blood to victimize. A handful of people has gone missing from the face of the Earth at once and no one knows where they've went. Of course, as per tradition goes, they all ended up scattered across The Maxwellian Isles. Although Maxwell doesn't prefer having more than one survivor on a set of Isles, he wouldn't want to disappoint his Charlie, plus he had been contemplating on what would happen if a set of Isles had more than one victim at a time.

Adding a few more spices into the mix, he had given the newcomers special abilities, bestowed/cursed by the great Random Number Generator itself. These poor ex-human victim will now have to learn how to live and control their insane new gifts as they try to survive and make sense of all this.

The stage is set and the popcorn's getting done; Its time for The Great Experiment.

Approved (and character) list:

• ScienceMachine; Isaac Trevor
Name: Isaac Trevor
Appearance: A tall and lanky person, he looks very uncanny despite he's legitimacy as a human. His skin is unhealthily pale white and his skin that isn't the head, or fingers seems to be of jet black organic substance that retains the appearance of a full body suit with finger-less gloves. His face is long and rough, his pitch black eyes with white pupils hidden behind his glasses. The way his eye brows and mouth is affixed makes it looks like he's constantly annoyed. Despite his apparent lankiness, he's still very strong and is capable of carrying large weights, but not too large like a boulder. He wears a white buttoned shirt with its sleeves folded up to his elbows, black pants with matching suspenders over his shoulders and black shoes that seems to be made of some material that isn't leather.
Background: Suffers from amnesia, he's still isn't able to find out who he truly is, asides the wallet he has in his pockets telling him that he is "Isaac Trevor, Psychiatrist PhD". He has been living on the Isles isolated from his own species for a long time now and genuinely feels lonely, despite the sentient pigmen roaming around close to his small encampment, just outside the pigmen's village. He's been on the Isles for almost a month now, but he suddenly feels like he's not alone anymore ...
Personality: Quiet, and has a heart of gold. He's often seen in the background, watching from afar and never approaches unless told to or he has something to say. He only does this out of fear that he'd accidentally hurt someone through his uncontrollable outbursts. When he does leave his comfort zone, he can be a compelling leader and a capable natural fighter. He's repressed so much of his memory that his powers can manifest them into a single entity, usually in a form of a sentient, but always silent shadow hand that could point to an objective like a compass. He instinctively avoids those with Maxwellian artifacts, sometimes making himself rude. He avoids using his powers as much as possible out of fear of himself and the power that he contains within and the fact that his powers are very taxing on him. Even as listed above, he will always come to the aid of an innocent, sometimes throwing himself in the line of fire just to save them regardless.
Powers:
Pros
Look ma, no hands!: Controls shadows to some extent, capable of making them real and stretch them out to cover a small radius. Can also summon Hallucinations.
I have a finger, and I will point: He can subconsciously create a shadow hand to point him where’s north or an objective.
Cons
Spoon Bender: The bigger and or more complex the shadow is, the harder it will hit his mind. He’ll suffer from insanity and even a migraine or two.
Big eater: He needs lots of food to keep his powers and him going.
Allergic: Can’t touch any Maxwellian Artifacts. It hurts. If anyone’s wearing them, be sure to be ignored accidentally.
My friends don’t like me anymore: If he hits critical insanity, his shadow monsters can appear out of nowhere and try to strike him or anyone nearby.
  • Tesability; Neos Rivetter
Name: Neos Rivetter

Gender: Genderless/Masculine (I'll explain this one in a second.)
Species: Ditto
Actual Age: 24
Appearance: If caught in his true form, he appears simply as a golden blob with neon-green eyes. However, he spends most of his time in a more-human form. Rather-tall and lanky, he wears a long-sleeved yellow jacket with a purple collar and pockets over a simple black undershirt. His pants were the same purple color as his jacket collar and his shoes were both simple in design and the same yellow as his jacket. Over his spiky blue hair sat sat a yellow, wide-brimmed hat with a orange stripe where the brim met the rest of the hat. The strangest trait of all were his neon-green eyes that had dark-green irises instead of the normal black, eyes that never seemed to change no matter what form he took on. Wrapped relatively-tight around his wrists and neck are what looks to be the same strange material used to form the unnatural Shadow Hands. Whenever he uses his unique abilities, they seem to pulse a little bit.
(For those that want to SEE this colorful 'man', here ye be: Neos Rivetter)
Personality: There is one word to describe Neos. Genuine. While he may be a shapeshifter, he has a personality of his own, an identity that he refuses to part with. Even They can't take that away from him and he has no guilt about it, even if it did get him in trouble with his world's God. Willing to defend the weakened and broken, and unafraid to tell off another being (sometimes in their own language!) when they're being quite full of it, Neos is unafraid to get himself into a fistfight when needed. As a Pokemon, he's used to combat, though he would prefer to do so at range. He's also not quite used to all the human intritcacies of both the human verbal and non-verbal languages, he can say and do things that, while he thinks he's being nice...well, let's just say he's been slapped a few times. While he is technically genderless, he identifies himself as a male and views himself as such. This also makes it rather...awkward...for him to take on female forms.
Background: (There is plenty more in this character's history that I haven't mentioned, but that would require a book by itself. Here's the critical bit about him, however.)
Neos is here because of the fact that he had angered the God of his home world, Arceus. A decree by the God Pokemon states that all Pokemon capable of transformation are not allowed to take on the form of a human, the fallen Pokemon race. However, after having his home saved by a human wielding an unusual power, Neos began to learn how to take on his own custom form...all while completely unaware of this old decree. Because of this, after a few years of the Ditto traveling under the veil of being a Pokemon Trainer, Arceus appeared before him...and it was furious. "If you wish to be one of them, then I shall place upon your soul their sin!" While the Ditto did manage to endure the attack that followed this line, he found himself waking up near a lake to see that his eyes had permenantly changed to their neon-green coloration. Ever since, there's been many times when the God had tried to get rid of him, usually by launching the marked soul into other realities. This time, however...it succeeded. When he woke up on the islands, he had no idea how he wound up with the black bindings on him.
Traits:
~Pros~
Genetic Shapeshifting: As a Ditto, Neos can transform into other beings if needed. However, all of his transformations are on a physical level. If an ability isn't in the genes of a person, he can't mirror those abilities. A perfect example would be if he tried to transform into Maxwell while the man's on the Throne still. While Neos would be able to transform into the Bound King, the Ditto wouldn't be able to channel into the powers of the Throne himself nor any spells he may had learned before getting stuck here.
Aura Sight: Neos can see his surroundings in an altered way at will, seeing what would not be visible to the normal human eye. While this does allow him to see at night and see what may be normally in the light of day, he is still unable to see Charlie. Her aura is not visible to him in this world, when normally it would be. Neos can use this ability in any form and his eyes will glow light-blue when he does use this.
Aura Sphere: When not in his original form, Neos can summon a sphere of light-blue energy in his hands and use it as a form of projectile. Depending on what he intented when forming the sphere, it can be used to harm, heal or simply distract an entity hit with it.
~Cons~
Shadow Binds: The black bindings around Neos' neck and wrists were planted there by Maxwell to keep the Ditto from abusing his powers. While the only hinderance it causes for his Aura Sight is the inability to see Charlie at night, it causes his Aura Spheres to take a heavier toll than normal on not only his soul, but on his body as well as allows the Bound King a way to really screw with the shapeshifter's transformation abilities. Sometimes, they can be used to force Neos out of a particular form, cause him to be stuck in certain forms or even be made to transform against will and be trapped in that new form for as long as Maxwell deems entertaining. The binds are there because of the fact that Neos would be untaxed by his skills normally due to using them for so long. (This is primarily a built-in godmod check. I do this when I know a character is rather-powerful, but I want to stay true to the by keeping them as is. ONLY the GM of the thread can take advantage of this.)
Transformation Delay: It takes a total of 5 seconds to transform twice, from one form to his original self then to his new form. Transforming faster than than, though he can do it really hurts his internal systems.
Demorph triggers: When Neos isn't formlocked (stuck in a certain transformed state), there are two ways to force him out of whatever state he's in. One is laughter. Almost all Ditto are unable to keep transformed while busting a gut from laughing and he is no exception. Another is a quick strike to the back of the neck (or the equal to such a part). A shot to that spot knocks out most humans. A shot there knocks the Ditto both out of consciousness and of his transformed state.
Marked Eyes: When transforming into something with eyes, Neos' unusually-colored eyes will stay visible. In the earlier example of Neos turning into Maxwell, the only way you'd be able to tell the two apart visually is by the neon-green eyes Neos will still have. These are the result of a curse placed on him before he ever landed in the islands. 

• Blewcheese; Simon

Name:
 Simon
Appearance: Thin and tall, at a height of five foot seven. He looks a bit underfed, but not starved necessarily. He has short, black hair. He wears jeans and a blue t-shirt. His eyes are a deep brown, and his hands are about the size they should be compared to his height.

Backstory He was abandoned at a young age, left in the woods to die by his parents. However, a strange old man found him and raised him as his own. This father figure was never named, but Simon knew him as "Pops". Raised in the wild, he learned the ways of survival. Alongside teaching young Simon how to be civilized and survival, he also taught him about four major elements, water, fire, earth, and air. After many years of this, the old man was mysteriously murdered, and after Simon spent a week mourning, Maxwell appeared before him. Simon was told that, although Maxwell couldn't bring the man back to life, he could allow the man's ideas to live on in him. Simon agreed instantly, and he was brought to the DS world.
Personality: Although being ravaged by his father figure's death, Simon is normally happy and cheerful. However, he can sometimes be pessimistic. He trusts people almost immediately, and believes almost anything as he was raised in a place with no lies.
Abilities Simon possesses the ability to manipulate four elements, water, air, fire, and earth.
Water: Simon's ability to use water is used for healing injuries. He can heal anything from small bruises and cuts to internal bleeding and broken bones. However, the larger scale of injury that he heals, the more punishment that his mind takes. He can effortlessly heal small cuts and bruises, but larger, more severe scratches and injuries can fatigue him incredibly. When fatigued, Simon can barely walk, let alone use any sort of elemental skill. If he is to heal a broken bone, it can send him into a coma for up to three days.
Fire: Simon can use fire to, essentially, expell it from his body. He can shoot it out of his hands, mouth, anywhere he desires. However, he is not immune to the burns caused by the fire, so using this skill can severely hurt him. If he were to shoot fire from his hands, for example, they would result in being blackened and charred. This skill can also only be used when he is in contact with direct sunshine, so he can only do it at day in clear skys, not under a dense forest or in a cave.
Air: Simon uses the air element for flight. However, using this ability can destroy his mental state and sanity. He can fly for about a minute toll free, but after that he begins to go insane. He cannot fly for over thirty minutes without loosing his mind entirely. When he goes insane, he can suffer from memory loss, backwards speaking, aggressiveness, and other bad side effects. However, when he is too insane, he cannot use his elemental powers.
Earth: When using the earth element, Simon can control nearby rocks and the ground around him. It is effectively telekenisis that only works on rocks. However, when overused, this skill can result in high fever and sickness. He can lift most small boulders without suffering, but if he does so for a long period of time or if he uses a large boulder, he can suffer from sickness.
  • ShadowDimentio; David Whyvenyr

Name: David Whyvenyr

Appearance: David has a rather... distinct, shall we say, appearance. He's fairly averagely built, and is a touch on the tall side at about 5'8 feet tall, weighing in at about 140 pounds. Beyond this, however, things start getting strange. He has deathly pale skin, and very cold, dark eyes hidden slightly beneath is matted, unkempt blonde hair. He moves around with a slight slouch, and generally doesn't travel with much urgency or speed unless he has to. He also has rather odd tastes in clothing, for some reason favoring light red shirts, blue pants, and brown shoes, insisting "It just fits me".

Background: And if his appearence wasn't enough, there's actually very little known about him. Not even Maxwell know but the vaguest rumors about him, and even those don't explain much. The rumors say that he wasn't always as antisocial as he is now, however something supposedly happened to him that made him hate and distrust everyone. He started sealing himself away from everyone he could, practically isolating himself from the world, until Maxwell sprung up one day and offered him a deal, hoping he would bite. The perfect ploy: A world all for his own, with no one else to share it with.

He, obviously, accepted.

Personality: Being as antisocial as he is, David is not a nice person to be around. He's bossy, and very quick to anger with an irritatingly short fuse, with a bonus of being exceptionally condecending whenever he's met with resistance from others. He normally works well in leadership positions when forced into them, however is quick to admit defeat in difficult situations, and can't function well when dire circumstances arise. When not being forced into leading,. he often volunteers to go work on projects alone, normally with minimal assistance from others beyond menial labor which he views as beneath him.

Powers:

Enhanced Sensors: For reasons unknown even to himself, David has unusually perceptive senses. He can smell, hear, see, taste, and feel much better than normal people, even being perceptive enought to see and work in pitch darkness quite well.

Extremely Picky Eater: Due to having an advanced sense of taste, he can't stand stale food. He also, personally, despises fruits and vegetables, sustaining himself entirely off of meat.

Weaknesses: Due to him having such high senses and generally being a shut-in for most of his life, David has an acute vulnerability to sunlight, causing rather painful migranes when it's in his eyes. In general, sensory attacks are extremely effective against him, such as the aforementioned lights, or stench.

• WhispNCat; Kira Torao

Name:

Kira Torao

Male

Appearance:

Kira is slim, about six feet tall, His black hair with blue tints reach down to his neck, near his shoulders, his nails, including his feet, are more like claws also having canines like a large cat but smaller, He wears  traditional clothes with no shoes or gloves, he has albino like skin, in color, and ice blue eyes, somewhat deformed pupils, making his pupils look more sharp, he also wears a cross necklace. 

Background:

Kira was at the age of four when his parents died, when they just got to China. He was in an area where there were many tigers known to live. As he was homeless, since his parents didn't but their house yet, he had to survive by stealing food. Since his name was also known as killer people never treated him kindly even before he started to become a thief. Then being chased out of the town when they found the abandoned shelter he was hiding in he never got a chance to take anything with him. Kira just wandered through the forest that was known for its dangerous and rare tigers. Before he knew there was a great Siberian Tiger with a cub. This tiger escaped from a zoo not too far away but people never came to come and get the tiger because of how large the forest was. It was strange, the tiger came and decided to turn around as if he was the lost cub that she was looking for. Kira also had the same eyes as the white tiger cub following her who seemed to come up and push him to follow. After that they seemed to be family for him, a little sister, and a mother. When several years passed he learned the ways of a tiger, even understood their tongue and how they think and feel. As another day went by it was Kira's birthday, turning fifteen years old he seemed old enough to leave, but he decided to go for one last hunt with his sister coming back his mother, the Siberian Tiger, was gone. Taken away by huntsmen who didn't care about the rules of a protected species. He growled swearing he would take revenge for any huntsmen who would took down his mother. Maxwell then took his chance while he was enraged with his mothers death making a deal that those huntsmen would be gone and his mother would be fine if he made a deal. Kira took the chance without thinking, agreeing to that deal Maxwell made. After that he vanished from earth, onto the unfamiliar world to him.

Personality: .

Kira is known for his hate for hunters and wouldn't care who to sacrifice for something he hates unless there like a family to him. He isn't familiar with human terms (So instead of mouth he would say muzzle at times, instead of hair he would say fur, and so on) He is very kind to animals but there are times where he will hunt anything (Not being a cannibal) and act much like a tiger would.

Powers:

Pros:

• Sharp nails- Unlick hitting things with your fist, this is more affective causing more damage then any normal human nails depending on the strength.
  • Deformed pupils- Having deformed pupils caused Kira to have a sharper vision, so he can see far things more clearly.
  • Expert hearing- His deformed eyes never allowed him to see from his sides, he can't hear as well as a cat or dog but he can hear things but better than a human who has clear or perfect hearing.
  • Thief- He's not that stealthy but he is really quick and can use things faster than others, Kira got this from stealing and being chased around all the time.

Cons:

•  Sharp nails- This can cause him to hurt himself if they get caught in anything, tough skin can damage his claws, by that he could rip his skin just by trying to get his claws out of the object or living thing.
  • Deformed pupils- Kira can't  see from his sides as well as a human causing him to be startled easily and when his hearing fails him he is completely defenseless when attacked by his sides.
  • Expert hearing- He has his moments when he can't hear things as he usually can when there is too much noise going on around him. Thunder can get him confused easily and head the opposite direction, and so on.
  • Thief- being quick and able to use items fast makes him somewhat fragile but more flexible. He has strong bones but can be knocked out easily by being punched in his spine, his sides that are not protected by his bones, or his neck. (Even though this even happens to some other people, but then you have those that are stronger.)

Edited by ScienceMachine

I wish to join you in this experiment, if you don't mind a true off-worlder.

Name: Neos Rivetter

Gender: Genderless/Masculine (I'll explain this one in a second.)

Species: Ditto

Actual Age: 24

Appearance: If caught in his true form, he appears simply as a golden blob with neon-green eyes. However, he spends most of his time in a more-human form. Rather-tall and lanky, he wears a long-sleeved yellow jacket with a purple collar and pockets over a simple black undershirt. His pants were the same purple color as his jacket collar and his shoes were both simple in design and the same yellow as his jacket. Over his spiky blue hair sat sat a yellow, wide-brimmed hat with a orange stripe where the brim met the rest of the hat. The strangest trait of all were his neon-green eyes that had dark-green irises instead of the normal black, eyes that never seemed to change no matter what form he took on. Wrapped relatively-tight around his wrists and neck are what looks to be the same strange material used to form the unnatural Shadow Hands. Whenever he uses his unique abilities, they seem to pulse a little bit.

(For those that want to SEE this colorful 'man', here ye be: Neos Rivetter)

Personality: There is one word to describe Neos. Genuine. While he may be a shapeshifter, he has a personality of his own, an identity that he refuses to part with. Even They can't take that away from him and he has no guilt about it, even if it did get him in trouble with his world's God. Willing to defend the weakened and broken, and unafraid to tell off another being (sometimes in their own language!) when they're being quite full of it, Neos is unafraid to get himself into a fistfight when needed. As a Pokemon, he's used to combat, though he would prefer to do so at range. He's also not quite used to all the human intritcacies of both the human verbal and non-verbal languages, he can say and do things that, while he thinks he's being nice...well, let's just say he's been slapped a few times. While he is technically genderless, he identifies himself as a male and views himself as such. This also makes it rather...awkward...for him to take on female forms.

Background: (There is plenty more in this character's history that I haven't mentioned, but that would require a book by itself. Here's the critical bit about him, however.)

Neos is here because of the fact that he had angered the God of his home world, Arceus. A decree by the God Pokemon states that all Pokemon capable of transformation are not allowed to take on the form of a human, the fallen Pokemon race. However, after having his home saved by a human wielding an unusual power, Neos began to learn how to take on his own custom form...all while completely unaware of this old decree. Because of this, after a few years of the Ditto traveling under the veil of being a Pokemon Trainer, Arceus appeared before him...and it was furious. "If you wish to be one of them, then I shall place upon your soul their sin!" While the Ditto did manage to endure the attack that followed this line, he found himself waking up near a lake to see that his eyes had permenantly changed to their neon-green coloration. Ever since, there's been many times when the God had tried to get rid of him, usually by launching the marked soul into other realities. This time, however...it succeeded. When he woke up on the islands, he had no idea how he wound up with the black bindings on him.

Traits:

~Pros~

Genetic Shapeshifting: As a Ditto, Neos can transform into other beings if needed. However, all of his transformations are on a physical level. If an ability isn't in the genes of a person, he can't mirror those abilities. A perfect example would be if he tried to transform into Maxwell while the man's on the Throne still. While Neos would be able to transform into the Bound King, the Ditto wouldn't be able to channel into the powers of the Throne himself nor any spells he may had learned before getting stuck here.

Aura Sight: Neos can see his surroundings in an altered way at will, seeing what would not be visible to the normal human eye. While this does allow him to see at night and see what may be normally in the light of day, he is still unable to see Charlie. Her aura is not visible to him in this world, when normally it would be. Neos can use this ability in any form and his eyes will glow light-blue when he does use this.

Aura Sphere: When not in his original form, Neos can summon a sphere of light-blue energy in his hands and use it as a form of projectile. Depending on what he intented when forming the sphere, it can be used to harm, heal or simply distract an entity hit with it.

~Cons~

Shadow Binds: The black bindings around Neos' neck and wrists were planted there by Maxwell to keep the Ditto from abusing his powers. While the only hinderance it causes for his Aura Sight is the inability to see Charlie at night, it causes his Aura Spheres to take a heavier toll than normal on not only his soul, but on his body as well as allows the Bound King a way to really screw with the shapeshifter's transformation abilities. Sometimes, they can be used to force Neos out of a particular form, cause him to be stuck in certain forms or even be made to transform against will and be trapped in that new form for as long as Maxwell deems entertaining. The binds are there because of the fact that Neos would be untaxed by his skills normally due to using them for so long. (This is primarily a built-in godmod check. I do this when I know a character is rather-powerful, but I want to stay true to the by keeping them as is. ONLY the GM of the thread can take advantage of this.)

Transformation Delay: It takes a total of 5 seconds to transform twice, from one form to his original self then to his new form. Transforming faster than than, though he can do it really hurts his internal systems.

Demorph triggers: When Neos isn't formlocked (stuck in a certain transformed state), there are two ways to force him out of whatever state he's in. One is laughter. Almost all Ditto are unable to keep transformed while busting a gut from laughing and he is no exception. Another is a quick strike to the back of the neck (or the equal to such a part). A shot to that spot knocks out most humans. A shot there knocks the Ditto both out of consciousness and of his transformed state.

Marked Eyes: When transforming into something with eyes, Neos' unusually-colored eyes will stay visible. In the earlier example of Neos turning into Maxwell, the only way you'd be able to tell the two apart visually is by the neon-green eyes Neos will still have. These are the result of a curse placed on him before he ever landed in the islands.

Edited by Tesability

I do indeed try to please. *takes a bit of a bow* There's a reason I tried to make my own RP among the sea of sewage in this forum.

You sir deserve a medal for your efforts. If only I had one to give ...

Prasie Armok! A RP with actually decent RP-ers! You can bet your entire farm of berry bushes that I'll be joining this- in a bit. It's nearly time for school. I'll make an app when I get home this evening. Don't start without me, y'hear?

Will do, lad. Just hit us up once you've gotten your things straightened out.

Asides all this rather surprisingly good feedback, I'm pretty sure some group on Tumblr will hate my 'elitist' guts for this.

After school im going to submit a character, if i post few grammar mistakes that i haven't noticed when i posted i'm going to edit my post, ok? And i don't care about you correcting me if you're polite when doing it. I'll try my best, as my writting skills are quite small and english it's not my native language. Just a question, when my character is saying something should i do like this: " Blabla". Or should i do like this: Blabla, he said with anger.

Name: Whimper

Apparent Age: 11

Appearance: Scrawny little human-ish girl, with black hair that's almost too dark and reaches down to her upper back. Her clothes, once a pale red polo T-shirt and dark grey school shorts, are tattered, worn thin and covered in bloodstains. Her skin is parchment pale, and clings to her body tightly. Her fingers are long and thin, and it's around there that the similarities to a human end. Her eyes, like many other beings of the Don't Starve Islands, are pure white in appearance, wide and long-lashed. Her thin fingers and little toes, bare and free and grubby with dirt, are adorned with long, sharp black claws - just about as dark as her hair.

Background: Now, I'm not too keen on backgrounds. They spoil a bunch of RP to be had, in my opinion - so I'll start from the moment she turned into Whimper, from what she used to be.

It is well known that Maxwell has an obsession with games, which Whimper used to her advantage when she opened the Second Door. She played valiantly, and through sheer dumb luck managed to get very, very close. Unfortunately, she was unable to get far enough to reach the throne herself. And again, out of luck - or perhaps cruelty - something happened to Whimper. Something very horrific and unspeakable, something which the little girl thrust out of even the deepest depths of her mind out of terrified trauma and a reluctance to face the truth.

When she awoke again, she had not changed a single bit since the moment she stepped into the First Door to the Islands. But she found herself craving a new food source - raw meat and entrails - and was appropriately equipped for the task of getting these things. She had been twisted into a monster, a new foe for those who step upon the Islands and after staying on the soil crafted from Maxwell and Them, Whimper's personality took a turn for the worse. She now looks up to Maxwell and Them with adoration and respect, but also matured enough to make cunning choices and snide remarks to those she travels with. Or, those who dwell within her mind, figments of her own imagination.

It is hard to tell the sanity of this child.

Personality: There are two sides to this coin. On one side, there is the maturity and sadistic approach of a killer and a madwoman locked within a child's body. Sneering and mocking, Whimper is generally holding the facade of a person who should not be reckoned with. But when she is weakened, and finds herself hurt, she reverts back into what she once was, and always will be - a child, dependent on love and care as she cries out for it from someone, anyone. Sometimes her childish side can be seen through the veil of a monster she wears, as she'd choose a person - or group of people - to become comfortable with and rely on for support.

Powers: SHADOWS - Whimper can step from shadow to shadow in her line of sight, so long as it's big enough to be stepped in.

SPEED - Whimper's small stature and shadow-stepping talent aren't the only thing able to save her skin. She trained herself to have slightly above average speed in short bursts, sprinting.

AGILITY - using her time wisely, Whimper gained self-awareness of her body's abilities. This makes her slightly more agile in nature.

WHIMPER'S FLAWS

BLOOD LOSS - When cut, Whimper bleeds considerably more than the average human. This means she tries to avoid being cornered, and hits a few times before fleeing.

ENERGY DRAIN - After abuse of her shadow-stepping ability, Whimper will become exhausted, then lethargic. A meal can fix this, but she'll fall asleep after a while by default.

So she isn't overpowered - Whimper's more of a scout or stealth kind of kid, can't take on anything bigger than her without an ambush, and tires out real quick.

Edited by RainyDoodles

Name: David Whyvenyr

Appearance: David has a rather... distinct, shall we say, appearance. He's fairly averagely built, and is a touch on the tall side at about 5'8 feet tall, weighing in at about 140 pounds. Beyond this, however, things start getting strange. He has deathly pale skin, and very cold, dark eyes hidden slightly beneath is matted, unkempt blonde hair. He moves around with a slight slouch, and generally doesn't travel with much urgency or speed unless he has to. He also has rather odd tastes in clothing, for some reason favoring light red shirts, blue pants, and brown shoes, insisting "It just fits me".

Background: And if his appearence wasn't enough, there's actually very little known about him. Not even Maxwell know but the vaguest rumors about him, and even those don't explain much. The rumors say that he wasn't always as antisocial as he is now, however something supposedly happened to him that made him hate and distrust everyone. He started sealing himself away from everyone he could, practically isolating himself from the world, until Maxwell sprung up one day and offered him a deal, hoping he would bite. The perfect ploy: A world all for his own, with no one else to share it with.

He, obviously, accepted.

Personality: Being as antisocial as he is, David is not a nice person to be around. He's bossy, and very quick to anger with an irritatingly short fuse, with a bonus of being exceptionally condecending whenever he's met with resistance from others. He normally works well in leadership positions when forced into them, however is quick to admit defeat in difficult situations, and can't function well when dire circumstances arise. When not being forced into leading,. he often volunteers to go work on projects alone, normally with minimal assistance from others beyond menial labor which he views as beneath him.

Powers:

Enhanced Sensors: For reasons unknown even to himself, David has unusually perceptive senses. He can smell, hear, see, taste, and feel much better than normal people, even being perceptive enought to see and work in pitch darkness quite well.

Extremely Picky Eater: Due to having an advanced sense of taste, he can't stand stale food. He also, personally, despises fruits and vegetables, sustaining himself entirely off of meat.

Weaknesses: Due to him having such high senses and generally being a shut-in for most of his life, David has an acute vulnerability to sunlight, causing rather painful migranes when it's in his eyes. In general, sensory attacks are extremely effective against him, such as the aforementioned lights, or stench.

There. I hope this' a little better. And personally? I think this version will make for better RP.

Edited by ShadowDimentio

Name: Whimper

Apparent Age: 11

Appearance: Scrawny little human-ish girl, with black hair that's almost too dark and reaches down to her upper back. Her clothes, once a pale red polo T-shirt and dark grey school shorts, are tattered, worn thin and covered in bloodstains. Her skin is parchment pale, and clings to her body tightly. Her fingers are long and thin, and it's around there that the similarities to a human end. Her eyes, like many other beings of the Don't Starve Islands, are pure white in appearance, wide and long-lashed. Her thin fingers and little toes, bare and free and grubby with dirt, are adorned with long, sharp black claws - just about as dark as her hair.

Background: Now, I'm not too keen on backgrounds. They spoil a bunch of RP to be had, in my opinion - so I'll start from the moment she turned into Whimper, from what she used to be.

It is well known that Maxwell has an obsession with games, which Whimper used to her advantage when she opened the Second Door. She played valiantly, and through sheer dumb luck managed to get very, very close. Unfortunately, she was unable to get far enough to reach the throne herself. And again, out of luck - or perhaps cruelty - something happened to Whimper. Something very horrific and unspeakable, something which the little girl thrust out of even the deepest depths of her mind out of terrified trauma and a reluctance to face the truth.

When she awoke again, she had not changed a single bit since the moment she stepped into the First Door to the Islands. But she found herself craving a new food source - raw meat and entrails - and was appropriately equipped for the task of getting these things. She had been twisted into a monster, a new foe for those who step upon the Islands and after staying on the soil crafted from Maxwell and Them, Whimper's personality took a turn for the worse. She now looks up to Maxwell and Them with adoration and respect, but also matured enough to make cunning choices and snide remarks to those she travels with. Or, those who dwell within her mind, figments of her own imagination.

It is hard to tell the sanity of this child.

Personality: There are two sides to this coin. On one side, there is the maturity and sadistic approach of a killer and a madwoman locked within a child's body. Sneering and mocking, Whimper is generally holding the facade of a person who should not be reckoned with. But when she is weakened, and finds herself hurt, she reverts back into what she once was, and always will be - a child, dependent on love and care as she cries out for it from someone, anyone. Sometimes her childish side can be seen through the veil of a monster she wears, as she'd choose a person - or group of people - to become comfortable with and rely on for support.

Powers: I have to go, so I'll update this in a bit. But to make it short - slashie slashie, floatie floatie, super killie, bitey-bitey, speedy speedy, and flips-and-cartwheels. Like I said! I'll update it soon.

I refuse to believe that a child has the strength to take down someone who's very likely bigger than them, possesed by a demon or not. Does she just wait until they go to sleep and gouge them with a piece of flint or what? Silly girl, nobody sleeps in this world.

Also: YOU SHAN'T BE GETTING DAVID, FOUL DEMON CHILD! HE'S TOO PARANOID FOR THAT!

Edited by ShadowDimentio

Name: Simon

Appearance: Thin and tall, at a height of five foot seven. He looks a bit underfed, but not starved necessarily. He has short, black hair. He wears jeans and a blue t-shirt. His eyes are a deep brown, and his hands are about the size they should be compared to his height.

Backstory He was abandoned at a young age, left in the woods to die by his parents. However, a strange old man found him and raised him as his own. This father figure was never named, but Simon knew him as "Pops". Raised in the wild, he learned the ways of survival. Alongside teaching young Simon how to be civilized and survival, he also taught him about four major elements, water, fire, earth, and air. After many years of this, the old man was mysteriously murdered, and after Simon spent a week mourning, Maxwell appeared before him. Simon was told that, although Maxwell couldn't bring the man back to life, he could allow the man's ideas to live on in him. Simon agreed instantly, and he was brought to the DS world.

Personality: Although being ravaged by his father figure's death, Simon is normally happy and cheerful. However, he can sometimes be pessimistic. He trusts people almost immediately, and believes almost anything as he was raised in a place with no lies.

Abilities Simon possesses the ability to manipulate four elements, water, air, fire, and earth.

Water: Simon's ability to use water is used for healing injuries. He can heal anything from small bruises and cuts to internal bleeding and broken bones. However, the larger scale of injury that he heals, the more punishment that his mind takes. He can effortlessly heal small cuts and bruises, but larger, more severe scratches and injuries can fatigue him incredibly. When fatigued, Simon can barely walk, let alone use any sort of elemental skill. If he is to heal a broken bone, it can send him into a coma for up to three days.

Fire: Simon can use fire to, essentially, expell it from his body. He can shoot it out of his hands, mouth, anywhere he desires. However, he is not immune to the burns caused by the fire, so using this skill can severely hurt him. If he were to shoot fire from his hands, for example, they would result in being blackened and charred. This skill can also only be used when he is in contact with direct sunshine, so he can only do it at day in clear skys, not under a dense forest or in a cave.

Air: Simon uses the air element for flight. However, using this ability can destroy his mental state and sanity. He can fly for about a minute toll free, but after that he begins to go insane. He cannot fly for over thirty minutes without loosing his mind entirely. When he goes insane, he can suffer from memory loss, backwards speaking, aggressiveness, and other bad side effects. However, when he is too insane, he cannot use his elemental powers.

Earth: When using the earth element, Simon can control nearby rocks and the ground around him. It is effectively telekenisis that only works on rocks. However, when overused, this skill can result in high fever and sickness. He can lift most small boulders without suffering, but if he does so for a long period of time or if he uses a large boulder, he can suffer from sickness.

Okay, I think I just about covered everything. I'm excited to see how this roleplay stands out from all the others.

Edited by Blewcheese

I'm a little worried about that myself. I also noticed that I'm probably the only one that has added in an in-rp way of reigning in one's character, everyone else is...unbound. >_>

Hey now! I actively tried to nerf David! A passive and permanant inability to function during the day is a pretty serious drawback, no?

I suppose mine counts as "wild", then. My whole need plan was that he could only change forms after each midnight, so once per day. So if Simon was in air form when they had to fight, he wouldn't be very powerful, because his air form is the weakest combat wise. If that's not enough, I can add more weaknesses...

I keep reading the applications and worrying that this RP is going to be too crazy. I hope that doesn't happen.

I'm a little worried about that myself. I also noticed that I'm probably the only one that has added in an in-rp way of reigning in one's character, everyone else is...unbound. >_>

Apparently, I have not learned from my past mistakes! (ancient stuff, better not explain).

I'm going to need to have to tweak the rules to keep the characters bound to some degree.

I suppose mine counts as "wild", then. My whole need plan was that he could only change forms after each midnight, so once per day. So if Simon was in air form when they had to fight, he wouldn't be very powerful, because his air form is the weakest combat wise. If that's not enough, I can add more weaknesses...

Alternatively, you could keep him in a constant human form and have little effective control over the elements. Having him change forms every night makes it rather unnecessarily complicating.

You're going to have to give me some extra time to fix these things. Especially with me being on the other side of the freaking globe and its about school time.

Edited by ScienceMachine

Well, im going to try too.

Name: Scott macknson

Appearence: He wears a fireproof cloths, as a red jacket, that cover most of his face, he also wear long blue jeans and black shoes. He looks like a human, but his body is covered with orange, rough scales. His eyes look like a snake's and they are green and deep. He have five fingers in the hands but they have white sharp claws.His jacket hides his wings, that are in his back, and are also covered with orange scales . His mouth is filled with long sharp white teeth, but when it's closed they can't be seem. His tongue its long, and rought. He have a falt long tail, that is also covered with scales, but it have some spikes on the extremities.

Backstory: He once was an adventurer that loved to go in places where no one has ever gone, but one day he wanted to go a secret temple, even that everyone belived it was just a legend, he believed and went where the temple was, the top of a mountain. When he was entering in the temple, he saw weird things like glowing statues and huge pillars that sustented the temple.And right in the middle of the temple there was a fruit, that looked like a apple, that according to the stories would give eternal life to the one who eat it. Thats what he believed, but after the first bite he felt pain, all over his body and started to transform into a half dragon half prople creature. On the next day he walked back to the small city where he lived, ignoring everithing on the way. A woman, carrying her baby screamed: Help! Someone, there is a monster here. Everyone close looked, and a crowd begun to chase him. After some time running they entered into a forest, with very tall trees. The crowd got lost, and he started running, to scape from them. After he left the forest right in front of him was Maxwell. He said: No, please stay away! Maxwell replied: Say pal, do you want to stay away from them? I can take you to a place where no one will chase you. Scott replied: Yes! Please take me away from them! The sky got dark, and a lightning hit the place where they were, and so Scott's desire was accomplished ... he was away from them, he was away from everybody. 

Personality: He is ashamed of his appearence so he wears the jacket almost all the time.He hates all foods that are vegetable based meals, and almost never eats them. He is sociable, and friendly, but is quiet and can get scared quite easy., he was away from them. He was away from everyone...

Powers: He can breathe fire and isn't hurt by it. He is stronger and tougher normal humans, but he gets even stronger when he is angry, stressed or when its a full moon. He can swim at an high speed, by using his tail. He can use his wings to fly, but it is hard for him to do so, as he almost never takes off his jacket, and flying can make him really tired if he is carrying some weight, but he can volplane without getting tired. But he's weak against the cold and gets paralised when it gets too cold.On full moon nights his eyes will turn red, and he will become beastly and will be agressive to almost everything, but in the next morning he won't remember of anything.

Edited by Hugo M.

Well, im going to try too.

Name: Scott macknson

Appearence: He wears a fireproof cloths, as a red jacket, that cover most of his face and let the uncovered parts darker, he also wear long blue jeans and black shoes. He looks like a human, but his body is covered with orange, rough scales. His eyes look like a snake's and they are green and deep. He have five fingers in the hands but they have white sharp claws.His jacket hides his wings, that are in his back, and are also covered with orange scales . His mouth is filled with long sharp white teeth, but when it's closed they can't be seem. His tongue its long, and rought. He have a falt long tail, that is also covered with scales, but it have some spikes on the extremities.

Backstory: He once was an adventurer that loved to go in places where no one has ever gone, but one day he wanted to go a secret temple, even that everyone belived it was just a legend, he believed and went where the temple was, the top of a mountain. When he was entering in the temple, he saw weird things like glowing statues and huge pillars that sustented the temple.And right in the middle of the temple there was a fruit, that looked like a apple, that according to the storys would give eternal life to the one who eat it. Thats what he believed, but after the first bite he felt pain, all over his body and started to transform into a half dragon half prople creature. Maxwell walked inside the temple and was angered when he saw that he eated the magic fruit and transported him into the DS world.

Personality: He is ashamed of his appearence so he wears the jacket almost all the time..He hates all foods that are not made of meat, and almost never eats them. When he gets angry he gets really agressive, some times at the point to forget who's friend and who's not. On full moon nights his eyes will turn red, and he will become beastly and will be agressive to almost everything, but in the next morning he won't remember of anything.

Powers: He can breathe fire and isn't hurt by it. He have speed, strength and resistence much bigger than normal humans, but they get even stronger when he is angry or when its a full moon. He can swim at an high speed, using his tail. He can use his wings to fly, but it is hard for him to do so, as he almost never takes off his jacket, and flying can make him really tired if he is carrying some weight, but he can volplane without getting tired. But he's weak against the cold and gets paralised when it gets too cold.

I'm sorry, but if you got in, my grammar OCD would burst into flames and I would die.