Why I love Don't Starve

The best thing I love about Don't starve currently is the strategies I can combine to create interesting results. Basically Discovering new techniques item wise and aswd wise

One example is:

Initially I found tentacles to be very scary. If I mindlessly walked thru the swamp I would be punished with death. They could not be killed even with full armour gear on so i deem them to be dangerous. These happened during my discovery phase.

After that I learnt how to move through swamps with parkour left right button movements haha. But there must be a way to kill these things right? so I researched bee mines and it worked perfectly. But this was not efficient.

Then I noticed by chance some spiders attacking the tentacles. This gave me an idea. I farmed for spider eggs and placed them strategically around the tentacles(at the same time without getting hit). I went about my business until the spider eggs grew to size 3. I then camped near the swampy areas during evening time and watched them fight each other to the bitter end. I then waited for morning to arrive in the forest nearby.(bided time by looking for branches).I also notice they do not fight if i did not watch them actually start fighting.

In the morning I found silk,monster meat and the more than awesome spiky bat. Discovering this bat was just awesome. This kind of strategy play I what I love about this game and I hope there would be more kinds of interactions between different items/monsters that create interesting results in the future.

Tentacles take quite a few hits with a spear to kill, with a tentacle spike i believe wilson kills them in 7 hits. The trick is to find the right timing to attack a tentacle and kite it till it dies. U can kill it without getting hit once. Good luck finding it out, if u want to know the exact trick, read around the forums, me and several others posted it in various related threads. Or just PM me =)

Have fun!