Random Thing(s) a Crazy Player Might Want.

I can only remember one suggestion at the moment, but that is: the ability to reset all game data. This includes items, research points, characters; basically everything extra the player has acquired through their course playing the game. I believe it would be quite interesting after a while to simply play with a clean slate again.

Of course doing this on accident could cause a lot of grief, so it would be less rage-inducing to also include the ability to save one cache of these features. Then the player would be able to go back to a previous state of experience if it so happened they in fact did NOT want their entire save reset permanently.

I agree that, at the very least, a system needs to be in place to reset all unlocked inventions and the RP total. Of course in January steps will be taken to remove the RP system, so that won't be an issue anymore... that just leaves unlocked inventions.

Of course, IMHO, I think that none of this should carry over between games anyway. I mean, if you play as Wilson, unlock some inventions and die, then play as a new character... would you want or need those inventions to be unlocked? It's not like it's some great chore to unlock them again. And the new system won't even require collecting RP through the science/alchemy machines, rather you just feed them resources to unlock the chosen invention... or so I've heard.

Hey. I know that I'm probably not alone on this one, but it would be cool if we could have a 'Reset Progress' button, which would allow us to reset our progress in the game. Personally I hate the fact that I can't start over clean, I just have to play with the already researched items, or wipe them manually, which will get into a hassle, at least for me. A 'Reset Progress' button could save alot of players alot of hassle, or a 'Edit Progress' button, which would possibly allow us to make multiple worlds, all with different technologies, since it'll be easier to switch over. I'm sure there's more than me wanting this.

Thanks for reading.

Yes, this is a semi-popular request, especially for players who create Let's Play videos. I'm all for resetting both the unlocked inventions and the research points total. As a note, Kevin will be removing RP in January for a new system. Personally though I would prefer if all inventions simply re-locked whenever you died (permanently) or started a new game.

The concept always did seem weird for me, but I think it's just a patchup for a problem that would exist without it. Losing all of your research every death would be awful for new players, such as myself, who still don't know how to survive optimally. Needless to say, I approve of a button, and while I will sorely miss the removal of the research point/unlocking system, I have faith that the developer will add something better in its place.

The RP system did seem a tad inexplicable...

I could also get behind just resetting all research each game and keeping characters. I don't feel I would ever want to remove characters I've unlocked now that I think about it.

The unlocking of items could use some re-balancing in that case then since it could take an extensive amount of time to reach a high tech level every playthrough. However it's always a good goal to achieve luxury items so they should remain difficult to obtain.