[Tools] Auto-equip if last used?

There's been talk lately about how annoying is to craft a tool and have to find it in the inventory to equip it before use.99% of the time, if we are building a tool is because we need it right away.I suggest that if there isn't a tool equipped, building one would automatically equip it. Or at least, equip it automatically if the last tool used is the same one as the created.On a related note, if I have a spare tool on my inventory that is the same one as I was using, it would be nice if it auto-equips (same for torches).

How do you feel about my 'build & equip' button in the crafting menu idea? I kind of think having to scramble to find another torch or weapon in your inventory once yours expires adds to the panicy exciting atmosphere of the game.

I think the question is, do you want the game to be more realistic or do you want the game to set more of a atmosphere of fear and panic. To elaborate, if I were to walk through a forest at night and my torch was about to go out I'd probably get the other one ready hence, the auto equip but, if I wanted to set a atmosphere of fear and panic in the game than I'd go with your suggestion of the build and equip option. So the question is which one do you want? Or I'm I just utterly mistaken?

How do you feel about my 'build & equip' button in the crafting menu idea?

I think it would clutter the menu even more. I'm not entirely happy with the interface as it is, I'm constantly re-shaping it in my mind, thinking of cleaner and simpler possibilities.

I kind of think having to scramble to find another torch or weapon in your inventory once yours expires adds to the panicy exciting atmosphere of the game.

I like that, very much. But generally, when gathering resources, you aren't on a dangerous environment or at night (can't hold tools and torches at the same time).How about this? Only auto-equip tools (not torches) if you are gathering resources. If you are fighting or walking at night, you have to find it in your inventory. That way you make the gathering less tedious but still have the omg-i'm-going-to-die rush you get when running for your life at night followed by a gazillion of spiders.