From what I've noticed rocks (the big ones you smash with the pick) are finite on the island(s) you're on, after exhausting my last rock trying to find that one piece of gold to craft a miners helmet I noticed once it was used up I'd never be able to build one again, so I suggest some sort of tremor or earthquake system to produce ruptures in the ground causing more rocks to appear, and maybe even go so far as to completely restructure the islands tearing them apart or forcing them together, and maybe even and end game item or building that will allow you control them. Your thoughts?

Edited by SilentSkies

From what I've noticed rocks (the big ones you smash with the pick) are finite on the island(s) you're on

That's correct, boulders are currently finite.

after exhausting my last rock trying to find that one piece of gold to craft a miners helmet I noticed once it was used up I'd never be able to build one again

Wait... you mined the very last boulder? That doesn't sound right unless you're on Day 200+ or so. I want to confirm, have you found any land bridges off your island? If you don't know what I'm talking about try running along the very edge of your island and see if there are any bridges leading to other islands. There should be several and some islands have many boulders.

That being said, one island will have the Pig King. If you feed him meat (i.e. beefalo meat) then he will reward you with gold ore, one per meat.

so I suggest some sort of tremor or earthquake system to produce ruptures in the ground causing more rocks to appear, and maybe even go so far as to completely restructure the islands tearing them apart or forcing them together, and maybe even and end game item or building that will allow you control them. Your thoughts?

I've actually made similar suggestions in the past because I realized that even though there are a lot of boulders, there resources inside them are innevitably finite. My own solution to this issue was connected to the idea of islands with different biomes, in particular a volcanic island. It would be covered with rivers/pools of lava, steam vents, and subject to volcanic tremors. Boulders would be on the island and every several days there would be a volcanic eruption which would cause boulders to be dropped all around the island. It goes without saying that this would be a very dangerous island (if well illuminated at night, due to the lava and fires). Of course it simply comes down to risk vs reward.

On a side note, similar to how flint can be found on the ground, another user once suggested obsidian and I agreed that we should allow this new resource to be found scattered around on volcanic islands.

Wait... you mined the very last boulder? That doesn't sound right unless you're on Day 200+ or so.

I have on multiple occasions mined all the rocks on the map within 30 days. Granted I always have piles of unused rocks laying around my settlement afterwards, but its not hard to do.

And if you run out of gold, try pleasing the pig king. He might reward you.

I have on multiple occasions mined all the rocks on the map within 30 days.

That sounds like the worst case of Boulder-cide I have ever heard of... are you just mining boulders?

Granted I always have piles of unused rocks laying around my settlement afterwards, but its not hard to do.

Yup. It would take a long while to use all that up.

That sounds like the worst case of Boulder-cide I have ever heard of... are you just mining boulders?

No I've seen very few islands since I only bought the game the other day, my first island consisted of the forest biome and the grassland one that beefalos spawn on and that was it...

Looks to me like the island I'm currently on although is far bigger but is not as big as it should be?

Although I stand by the earthquakes/volcanoes theory I think that'd add a lot to the game.

No I've seen very few islands since I only bought the game the other day, my first island consisted of the forest biome and the grassland one that beefalos spawn on and that was it...

My map has about 8 islands, although technically there are only 7 landmasses as two of the islands have merged to form one. How many islands do you have?

Looks to me like the island I'm currently on although is far bigger but is not as big as it should be?

I know there are cases where the islands overlap severely reducing the overall map size. If this is a serious issue you may want to consider quitting and creating a new map. As a note, if you just start a new game it won't re-create the map.

Although I stand by the earthquakes/volcanoes theory I think that'd add a lot to the game.

Yup. I wouldn't mind an earthquake "event" at the very least.

Yeah ur right mobius I found the bridge and I made my base beside the pig king where im safe with the pigs im also considering just going and making bases on the other islands just incase im on them and its becoming night!!

"Safe" is a relative term around pig men. Just be careful around them during the full moon...