Has anyone fully experimented with fire?

Jetexx

Has anyone fully experimented with fire? If so, is anyone will too? I have done some with old worlds and that's why they're are "old" because I seem to set everything on fire, destroy my world and kill myself.

Fire is quite dangerous and can get out of hand. "Do your duty to prevent forest fires!"

Feel free to reply, anything would be helpful.

Thanks. Zachary.

FIRE

Its flammable

Fires can be started in a number of ways

There are three fire based technologies you can unlock

The torch- portable fire

This allows you to literally select AND set fire to things

The camp fire-

You set up a camp fire but put it too close to something and THAT will catch fire. It can be a great tool for starting a forest fire

The fire pit-

Safe. Stable and efficient. This is great for your home. It contains the fire neatly and nothing catches fire.

Other things to note

Forests burn to charcoal giving trees

Spider nests burn releasing the little buggers to be homeless roaming pests

Bee hives burn and do the same.

Spiders can be set on fire

The Optimus Pine can be set on fire- though he walks around and sets everything else on fire whilst he is at it.

Tall bird nests can burn- they do not come back... EVER

Fire burns up and destroys- Grass, sapling, berry bushes

Those do not come back

After a time a forest will start to regrow but the other items in it are lost. Rocks survive

I once set an Optimus Pine on fire no less then four times... and then he shattered my Log "armor" and killed me. I was pretty irritated, you'd think one or two "rounds" of being set on fire would kill a treant. Hell, it only takes a single Flame Trap in Lord of the Rings...

Yeah, the Tree Guardians seem to come in at least 3 different sizes, with Health (and Pine Cone Demands) getting larger as the Guardians do. I'm pretty sure I was fighting the largest type, because after setting him on fire 4 times, I came back to life (thanks, Meat Effigy!) and went back for Round 2 with new Log "armor" and a Spear... stabbed him about 20 more times before just giving up and leaving him to his own devices in that particular neck of the woods.

Wow that's one tough tree.

For a while I thought they were just simply invincible. Then I led one to a large-ish Pig Man Commune and after about 3 days of the Piggies respawning they finally killed it for me. Wood and Meat everywhere.

Dang, poor Pigmen and nice loot. Don't know how you survived the three days but good job.

Well, as I said, after he kills the first Pig Man he forgets all about you and just starts walking around randomly. So he kept wandering near the edges of the Commune, aggroing Piggies, and taking more and more damage every morning.

I didn't even realize this was happening until I went back East to farm some stuff from my initial explored island (I had mostly been going West into Uncharted Territoryâ„¢), and saw a heaping pile of Logs and Pig Meat just lying about. "Oh, so that's what happened to that stupid Tree Guard..."