Slender-inspired inhabitant in 'Don't starve', and how to encounter him.

I would like to suggest the developers to look towards the game Slender and incorporate the option for survivors to collect a set of items scattered throughout the game which will increase the chances of encountering a special, but otherwise, elusive inhabitant (doesn't have to be Slenderman).

The items don't have to be notes, like they are in Slender, you could work it into the game. For example they could be a set of clothes (hat, suit and accessories) and just maybe someone isn't all too happy seeing the survivor prance around the island wearing clothes that don't belong to him.

EDIT** interactions with said creature could prove interesting. You could return to him his belongings and perhaps he'll leave you alone. Set his belongings on fire, and you probably piss him off and he'll confront you directly instead of simply stalking you. etc etc

I am enjoying the game immensely, but admittedly, I'm reaching a point where there is not much to do, which is why I look forward to the next update. I look forward to the dart gun especially.

EDIT*** I don't want to see slender in 'Don't starve', the main idea behind my suggestion was to have a unique inhabitant lurking around somewhere, that can only be encountered and interacted with after meeting certain conditions.

Edited by paperhero

No. Slender became terrible once the entire mystery of him was ruined by all the newer stuff created, in all honesty, slenderman has become something terrible and there's really no possible outcome that could help the game as far as I see.

Paperhero, although it's not a bad idea, it's just that it's putting another game into a game. To me it would feel like a mod and would not feel right for the game Don't Starve.

Edited by Jetexx
Capitals.

Draugur, I agree with you about all the Slender nonsense, there's too much of it now. It's lost the scary feeling of unknowing!

I don't believe Slenderman should be in 'Don't starve' either. I just like the idea of having an elusive inhabitant in 'Don't starve' that only appears if you find and collect certain items scattered throughout the game...

Which is kind of like slenderman…

Could be an old hag, who lives with 9 cats. She steers away from the survivor, but you can find her cats wandering around on the map, and if you trap them, collect them, then the old hag will stalk you and maybe confront you...

Could be big foot, could be Abraham Lincoln... I think what's important is to have an inhabitant on lurking around somewhere... and he/she/it won't appear or interact with the survivor unless you take/collect something that belongs to the elusive individual...

If you wanted, you don't even have to bother. I just feel like 'don't starve' should have a few colorful inhabitants that are kinda unique and don't appear unless special conditions have been met.

Or just introduce some NPCs that would live on the island too, and which one/ones are on the map would be randomly determined on world generation. And maybe you could FARM REPUTATION with them, and unlock some epix at revered!

I would like the idea of something creepy appearing once you have done a certain activity. It would add some suspense to see him appear once in a while scaring you. I would not make it some kind of monster hunting you though or give information about it, the less you know, the scarier things tend to be.