more fishing!

you should be able to fish in the sea but that would require bait such as worms that could be implimented into the game. you could also make a boat to fish in but if you go out to far you will be attacked by a swarm of sharks or a giant squid. you could also fish stuff out such as a treasure chest that has different loot in it every time and an old worn out boot.

I hope you have the time to impliment these into the game as it would add more variety to the game.

-T4Y13O

you should be able to fish in the sea

I'm told the sea is currently off limits, mostly because it's not actually a part of the map. It's like... "outside" the map. Like the dark spaces between the walls in a dungeon. Only rather than dirt, it's filled with waves. Of course I would like it if one day we're allowed to travel on the sea...

...but that would require bait such as worms that could be implimented into the game.

The game currently doesn't handle items on items. Although I would like to see how the blow pipe is handled, because in the video it shows a counter on it and that would seem to indicate darts... or maybe stingers. Not sure.

...you could also make a boat to fish in but if you go out to far you will be attacked by a swarm of sharks or a giant squid. you could also fish stuff out such as a treasure chest that has different loot in it every time and an old worn out boot.

Well, as I noted above, I think it would be great if we could get a boat or raft so we could travel on the sea. Not sure sharks would be that much trouble, but a giant squid (i.e. kraken) or other type of sea monster would do the trick. As for treasure chests, I'm still holding out for beaches to be added to the islands and then allowing players to dig for various beach/sea-related items... one of which could be a pirate's chest.

Anyway, keep suggesting ideas. :)

Well the fishing in the game is still very basic because it has just been added, but it has a lot of potential. You could have several kinds of fish in different biomes and each fish requiring a specific bait. Or have tiers of fishing rods that enable the capture of bigger fish. Anyhow, I like your ideas and sometimes getting a boot or treasure chest would make fishing all the more interesting, especially if the sea is involved.