First Time Through

Greetings all, Just got my copy of the game (on a related note I need to post about not receiving the second invite). I have enjoyed my game thus far. I had a few comments that I figured I would share:1) I really like the art design. it really adds a good "feel" to the game. One concern, though, is not being able to see behind objects. for example, if I chop down a tree and some logs are hidden behind the other tree, then I cannot get them. Perhaps this is a totally stupid mistake by me not seeing how to rotate the view...but just a thought would be either having a view rotate option or a ARPG style "show all drops" key. 2) night my first two times through was great. it's scary, dark, and very easy to die if you don't know what you are doing. I kept freaking out about running out of logs or venturing too far outside my light radius. A thought for future features would be to add some difficulty to the "beginning-mid" game shift. The first day seems pretty frantic figuring out what you need to get done. By day 2/3 I am usually set up in that I am pretty confident that I am not going to die. Either through rabbit traps, spider harvesting (occasionally), or foraging my food supply is pretty constant. That and there are no "threats" that pop up during the night so long as you are sufficiently away from a spider den. 3) Burning down forests is awesome4) Getting Beefalo rushed is also awesome when you are stupid enough to attack one w/o an idea of what happens. Any just randomly, did anyone here play UnRealWorld? Thanks and great game thus far.

invite? You mean the extra code?1) you can rotate the view with the arrow keys, it helps allot(maybe even zooming in or out :D)2)Not sure how to answer this, I only have the demo :(3)I can wholeheartedly agree with you on this! :D4)Have to try this!(I knew they would attack, but never thought about doing it :S)As for unrealworld, I always wanted to play it, but never got around to it(this is eerily similar though, and it has better graphics, so i dont think I am going to ever play it :p)

• Like 1

(on a related note I need to post about not receiving the second invite)

Haven't you received an email titled "Don't Starve Early-Access Beta"? The invite code is right in there.

You should mail/text/postcard it to whomever you wanna make its day funnier so they can enter it somewhere in the main menu of their Soon-to-be-fully-activated demo of Don't Starve.

I never ran when it was just me and 1 beefalo, the attacks stunned him each time I hit, so he couldn't attack :p

No wonder the poor bastards are on extinction. I can't find a single one on my recently re-rolled world. You bastards. I'm going to start the BPS, Beefalo Protection Society.

The best way I've found to deal with Beefalo is the following: When you find a herd of them, set up camp and wait til night (It's best if you have a couple of pigs to help you, but it's completely possible to just kill it yourself.) After night falls, all the Beefalo go to sleep, Meaning you can sneak up on one and get a couple few hits before it has time to attack you. I farmed close to 20 meat from Beefalo using this method, and only got hit once.