How i think food perishing should work.

Perishable foods are the topic of today. As you know, there was a idea already posted about perishable foods and one of the questions the devs had for the original idea poster was "What happens if a single piece of food in a stack rots? does it take up another inventory slot? if it does what if your inventory is full?" Well, i originally thought that the first one you take out of that stack would be rotten but... i decided you should just drop the rotten food/take up another inventory space.

Cooking and its effects on the perishability of food: So basically, raw food perishes slower than cooked food, but lets say you want something that will never perish for the upcoming winter. Well if you cook it a third time it reduce the amount of food it restores, but it will slowly if ever perish. So if you cook a berry 3 times, it will turn into a dried berry. Or if you cook a steak 3 times, it will make jerky.

How perishing times should relate to location: So, i think food should perish very quickly when its on the ground, perish slightly slower when in your inventory, and perish very slowly when in a chest.

So here are the names i think each of the dried foods should have.

Pumpkin- Dried pumpkin chips

Dragon fruit- Dried dragon fruit

Carrots- Dried carrots

Berries- Raisins, prunes, or dried berries

Eggplant- Dried egg plant

Morsel- Jerkey

Steak- Salted meat, beef flank, pastrami and there is another one but i cannot remember what its name was.

i decided you should just drop the rotten food/take up another inventory space.

it's nice that you decided that, but that is also exactly the reason why the devs already said they don't like the idea and won't implement it that way. So maybe you should come up with an idea that the devs did not already decline?

it's nice that you decided that, but that is also exactly the reason why the devs already said they don't like the idea and won't implement it that way. So maybe you should come up with an idea that the devs did not already decline?

Im not saying it should be added, im just saying if it is this is how it should work.

So, you are saying that food would be binary? Good/Bad? No warnings in between?

I like the idea of cooking the food several times to prolong it's durability but reduce it's effectiveness, specially if season are implemented.

Some foods couldn't be preserved, like the eggs. And honey would last forever without any extra procedure, like it does in real life.

Or the food could just dissapear.

It's best to consider that this game isn't focused on survival realism... Because seriously, there's a large niched hardcore community who loves these things, but it's not very appealing and is too repetitive and annoying.

Consider it 'Fantasy Survival' or 'Fictional Survival' if you must.

Consider this: Food doesn't perish because this is a world you are brought to by a demon named 'Maxwell', which means one thing...

It's NOT the real world! And since the locked character shows a 'coffin', I'm thinking all the characters are already 'dead' and is sent to purgatory sort of thing... Except it's less on heaven and hell kind of thing and more of the twilight zone style.

Edited by dra6o0n

The world isnt real

It is all a giant dream

Or

You are actually in Hell and Maxwell is the devil.

Take what ever option you like. The world is uncanny. You never poop, never drink, sweat or tire. Food doesnt rot. These are the rules of the world.