Don't piss off dangerous animals = you win.

I've played the game a fair amount now and I have to say my main complaint is that if you don't aggravate passive animals/if you don't build your fire near spiders/if you're not stupid enough to stand still near tentacles you can basically survive indefinitely.

Basically as Soon as I find beefalos and some wood to chop down for pinecones the game is over.

The only real thing that has killed me on a relatively random basis is tree guardians - and that really only happens at night when I'm chopping down my cultivated pines in massive quantities and can't run away because I'm not holding grass.

So I think night-time needs to become actually dangerous. So far it is just a slightly boring time where I occasionally feed wood into the firepit and research junk.

There need to be legitimately aggresive animals that seek you out and raid your ****/destroy your home/attack you or whatever. Because right now unless you're pissing things off for no reason without adequate protection the game has almost no difficulty. Once you figure out you can transplant things with the shovel you don't ever need to move and if you do then all you need to do is not attack things and get home by dark.

appearantly you did not read the new updatre preview. with the new update, hounds will be introduced, enemies that activily roam the islands, search you out, and attack you, in addition, there are fire hounds who most likely will end up in burning your stuff if you let them get near, so here you go, everything you ask for is already made and will be here in a cupple of days.

Sweet. I read the last update thing but didn't notice a preview of the next one. I'll go read that now.

- - - Updated - - -

Also to my understanding "beta" basically means "the game is done but we're letting players in to help point out bugs and glaring errors" so perhaps I expected a bit much out of it.

at some point, that defination definately is true, yet, this is an early beta, I think the steam version is still labeled as alpha. I guess we have seen roughly about 1/3 of the finished game yet, maybe even less, especially if you considder that klei wants to keep updating the game even after release. good times to come!

HAhahahaha

This beta is no where NEAR finished. The devs add to it around about every 2-3 weeks.

The whole research system is about to change.

New creatures are entering

Everything is changing and a lot of what crops up in the forums often wriggles into the game down the track.

Its the most amazing open Beta ever.