Hound Discussion

I know a good way to keep them out make a tree fence then surround your self in spider nest out side of the tree fence of course, not only do you have protection but if you have crock pot you have and endless supply of meat stew. actually I might do that right now.

You know what this game needs? The creatures from the tremor movies. Burrow under and around things and pop up.....IN THE SAFETY ZONE!!!!!! :twisted:

Agreed. Howling warning. But I think the actual hounds are gonna be small cuddly pups :) Dangerous, but cuddly.

So they're like most of the dogs I've met...cute and cuddly...and will knock you over and lick you to death! These ones might just happen to have fiery tongues or something.

~edit...I forgot the quote~

Id like to think that the hounds will be afraid of the fire, but the hell hound will hunt you not matter what...

Yeah, imagine you, sitting at the campfire. Suddenly, you hear some growling in the dark...

One pair of red eyes appears in the darkness... another one... and faster than you can look, you are all surrounded by hungry hounds trying to get a sneak-peak at their new breakfast.

The hounds will make the game more defense. Everyone will have to have a log suit and a spear any time they want to explore their world or protecting their main camp. Burning Hellhounds sound like they can set you on fire. They may destroy any plants and trees that are growing near by.

My question (suggestion) is, Can we rise/train a hounds (burning hellhounds would only be an option for Willow because she is immune to fire) as our own pets? Build them a dog house one made of wood for the regular hounds and one made of stone for the hellhound.

Rules to Raising Hounds

Hounds

Fully grown hounds will have to eat 6 non-cooked meats (everyday). If you feed it 3 monster meat it will become wild. If you don't feed it will weak, slow and lose hair. Death can only happen when it's to weak to move and falls a sleep and dies. That would be awesome.

Hellhounds

Fully grown hellhounds will have to eat 6 cooked meats or 6 monster meat (everyday).

Immune to monster meat effects and will not become wild.

Feed it any other non-meats cooked or raw like morsels, Drumstick, plants and etc. it will become wild.

Save rules of death excepte it flame gets lower and flickers out like a torch when it dies.

If you put this into the game can I get a shout-out or name a hound after me, lol.

The hounds will make the game more defense. Everyone will have to have a log suit and a spear any time they want to explore their world or protecting their main camp. Burning Hellhounds sound like they can set you on fire. They may destroy any plants and trees that are growing near by.

Am I the only one who sees the flaw of wearing a log suit while fighting a creature called a "fire" hound? That should actually work as a disadvantage when facing them. Unless you're Willow and fire doesn't really bother you.

My question (suggestion) is, Can we rise/train a hounds (burning hellhounds would only be an option for Willow because she is immune to fire) as our own pets? Build them a dog house one made of wood for the regular hounds and one made of stone for the hellhound.

I would say no, or at least not right now. IMHO, the hounds, like every other animal in the game to date, should probably remain wild. Sure, there are pig men, and Soon there will be munkies who can be friends, but I think pets need to either be limited or restricted in some capacity. At the very least I wouldn't want this to turn into another Minecraft wolf/cat fiasco! God, I have dozens of wolves and cats... it's just too easy to gather them and then the game devolves into a petting zoo...

Hounds

Fully grown hounds will have to eat 6 non-cooked meats (everyday). If you feed it 3 monster meat it will become wild. If you don't feed it will weak, slow and lose hair. Death can only happen when it's to weak to move and falls a sleep and dies. That would be awesome.

Okay, so you need to feed them. That's a good idea. In Minecraft the pets just sit there and somehow survive, allowing you to collect an endless supply of them as there's no maintenance involved whatsoever. This makes them seem somewhat pointless and there's no real emotional investment once you have too many of them. Or at least that's how I see it.

It's better to limit pets. Maybe if you have more than one hound they turn on each other until only one survives. Also, by having to feed them you now have to consider whether you want to look after yourself or both you and your pet. If your pet starves, maybe it might even turn on you...

Also, I still like the idea of training your pet.

Hellhounds

Fully grown hellhounds will have to eat 6 cooked meats or 6 monster meat (everyday).

Immune to monster meat effects and will not become wild.

Feed it any other non-meats cooked or raw like morsels, Drumstick, plants and etc. it will become wild.

Save rules of death excepte it flame gets lower and flickers out like a torch when it dies.

Hounds would be an interesting pet, if implemented properly, but I think fire hounds should remain forever wild and dangerous. that's my thought on the matter at least.