Playtime requirements would solve alot of issues

I feel like adding a feature where people with a minimum or maximum amount of hours played can join would be beneficial for server owners.

Having this feature could allow you to play with the skill level you want to play with. To be blunt, many experienced players don't want to play with noobs on servers and many of the times griefers come from a bunch of people who pick up the game and want some cheap thrills by burning base down. Sure there are griefers with thousands of hours but I feel they are few and far between. On the flip side, some people dont want to play with experienced players, and want a casual experience with other new people.

there are many people that have played for a lot of time and are still bad, it's easily noticeable on the forums too, since some people still think that meatballs and pierogi are efficient

Edited by grm9
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Big Ups 1
  • Spooky 1

4 hours ago, grm9 said:

there are many people that have played for a lot of time are still bad, it's easily noticeable on the forums too, since some people still think that meatballs and pierogi are efficient 

Wdym I thought petals were the best healing for fuelweaver

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, grm9 said:

there are many people that have played for a lot of time are still bad, it's easily noticeable on the forums too, since some people still think that meatballs and pierogi are efficient 

What do you mean? how the hell else do I convert two trunks and two potatoes into 37 hunger and 40 health?

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 1
  • Spooky 1

8 hours ago, grm9 said:

there are many people that have played for a lot of time and are still bad, it's easily noticeable on the forums too, since some people still think that meatballs and pierogi are efficient

Getting some hunger and tiny bit of sanity and hp from 1 mm and 3 ice doesn't sound that bad. And a little bit of hunger and 40 hp with pretty decent spoil time from 2 almost spoiled frog legs, 1 kelp and 1 ice is also pretty good. No need to generalize.

7 hours ago, Gashzer said:

Private servers yes, klei servers no.

Well obviously not klei servers, duh. But what about privately owned public servers?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

Getting some hunger and tiny bit of sanity and hp from 1 mm and 3 ice doesn't sound that bad. And a little bit of hunger and 40 hp with pretty decent spoil time from 2 almost spoiled frog legs, 1 kelp and 1 ice is also pretty good

you need to spend time making crock pots, getting a bird cage and a bird and mining ice during winter, which make it not worth it, and if you're using anything except ice for meatballs the profit is less than 10 points so making crock pots and waiting wasn't worth it, if you're not using a beefalo and need healing you could use blue shrooms and make 1 crock pot for jellybeans after BQ dies, it's generally faster to not make a base and eat whatever you get (meat from monkeys, dfly, AG, beefalos that got killed for saddle, cooked monster meat and glands from spiders on the way and hounds, bananas from monkeys, berries from berry bushes since no one replants them and they're on the way, carrots etc.), it's fine to do something inefficient, but not say that it's efficient

Edited by grm9
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Valase said:

What do you mean? how the hell else do I convert two trunks and two potatoes into 37 hunger and 40 health?

I still have ptsd from a Wortox making meatballs with 1 monster meat 3 potatoes and saying it was efficent.

• Happy Hazard 1
  • Hunger 2
  • Spooky 1

3 hours ago, grm9 said:

you need to spend time making crock pots, getting a bird cage and a bird and mining ice during winter, which make it not worth it, and if you're using anything except ice for meatballs the profit is less than 10 points so making crock pots and waiting wasn't worth it, if you're not using a beefalo and need healing you could use blue shrooms and make 1 crock pot for jellybeans after BQ dies, it's generally faster to not make a base and eat whatever you get (meat from monkeys, dfly, AG, beefalos that got killed for saddle, cooked monster meat and glands from spiders on the way and hounds, bananas from monkeys, berries from berry bushes since no one replants them and they're on the way, carrots etc.), it's fine to do something inefficient, but not say that it's efficient

This is the wildest thing I've ever read in my entire life. I celebrate a bit of healthy elitism and even encourage it at times because deep down, I have a demon in me, but even still, this is the most elitist thing I have ever read in this entire community lmao. 

Nothing demands anyone to make many crockpots early on. In fact, in my most recent longterm world, I lived without building crockpots for 1000 days, but to persecute players for valuing instant healing without taking down an entire raidboss is next level.

As for playtime requirements, in and of itself, it's extremely hard to police. And a little weird. 

Just now, chirsg said:

Nothing demands anyone to make many crockpots early on. In fact, in my most recent longterm world, I lived without building crockpots for 1000 days, but to persecute players for valuing instant healing without taking down an entire raidboss is next level.

Also to add, building in general. If you just so happen to like how crockpots look as well as birdcages, why not use them? I think pierogi in the endgame could perhaps be the best thing to have in a polar bearger bin. 20 day spoilage with a solid amount of healing. 

But I say this as a honey ham eater. I think the bird dying in the cage should be revised.

2 minutes ago, chirsg said:

This is the wildest thing I've ever read in my entire life. I celebrate a bit of healthy elitism and even encourage it at times because deep down, I have a demon in me, but even still, this is the most elitist thing I have ever read in this entire community lmao. 

Nothing demands anyone to make many crockpots early on. In fact, in my most recent longterm world, I lived without building crockpots for 1000 days, but to persecute players for valuing instant healing without taking down an entire raidboss is next level

read again

3 hours ago, grm9 said:

it's fine to do something inefficient, but not say that it's efficient

i'm not saying that everyone should do that or not play the game, how is this elitist? i've simply explained why crock pots are inefficient because you can use blue shrooms, beefalo, souls, jellybeans, automatic hp regen from hitting stuff, passive healing from clocks, glands etc.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, grm9 said:

is it just me or am i the only one who doesn't prepare meatballs at all, and i mean at all, in some of my +100 days worlds i've never cooked them.

Talking about what OP said, i mean it could be a feature, but at the same time you can just check the amount of hours someone has just by watching their profile (i know private accounts exist) or just name the server something like "serious run, no noobs".

I have 0 ideas on how this feature could impact the game.

1 minute ago, Sacco said:

is it just me or am i the only one who doesn't prepare meatballs at all, and i mean at all, in some of my +100 days worlds i've never cooked them

i wasn't joking about what i said, i meant that making crock pots in general is inefficient, i usually only have an alchemy and a furnace at base even after killing CC and FW

8 minutes ago, grm9 said:

i wasn't joking about what i said, i meant that making crock pots in general is inefficient, i usually only have an alchemy and a furnace at base even after killing CC and FW

Can't believe you called me elitist... i do hope you are a troll grm9, in which case you have my respect :wilsoalmostangelic:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gashzer said:

Can't believe you called me elitist...

how is this elitist? i'm not saying that people that use those anyway shouldn't be allowed to play or something, elitism is trying to exclude people because of something that they can't do or don't know, but i'm not trying to exclude anyone from anywhere, since i wouldn't use the thing with filtering people out anyway

On 4/26/2024 at 9:49 AM, nimzowitsch10 said:

I feel like adding a feature where people with a minimum or maximum amount of hours played can join would be beneficial for server owners.

Having this feature could allow you to play with the skill level you want to play with. To be blunt, many experienced players don't want to play with noobs on servers and many of the times griefers come from a bunch of people who pick up the game and want some cheap thrills by burning base down. Sure there are griefers with thousands of hours but I feel they are few and far between. On the flip side, some people dont want to play with experienced players, and want a casual experience with other new people.

I can't speak from personal experience since it's been years that I played consistently on public servers, but wouldn't idling at the main menu just circumvent the minimum hours requirement, or something like Super AFK?
Limiting someone based on their minumum, or even moreso maximum hours to play, would just hinder the gaming experience and the enjoyment that comes with playing DST.

In my opinion.

• Big Ups 1

2 minutes ago, grm9 said:

how is this elitist? i'm not saying that people that use those anyway shouldn't be allowed to play or something, elitism is trying to exclude people because of something that they can't do or don't know, but i'm not trying to exclude anyone from anywhere, since i wouldn't use the thing with filtering people out anyway

No but you do strongly and vocally criticize my suggestion to nerf ancient fuelweaver even tho the nerf i suggested ( one wave of woven shadows per round of shadow hands ) which would make the boss more accessible to the average player. Without affecting the boss too much for skilled (elite) players.

And your main complaint against this change is it would make a minimum gear run at the boss too easy.... that is the definition of elitism. Elitism is prioritizing the fun of the top 5% of skilled dst players over the rest of us.

Checkmate grm9 :wilsoalmostangelic:

• Like 1
  • Spooky 1

6 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

No but you do strongly and vocally criticize my suggestion to nerf ancient fuelweaver even tho the nerf i suggested ( one wave of woven shadows per round of shadow hands ) which would make the boss more accessible to the average player. Without affecting the boss too much for skilled (elite) players.

And your main complaint against this change is it would make a minimum gear run at the boss too easy.... that is the definition of elitism. Elitism is prioritizing the fun of the top 5% of skilled dst players over the rest of us

didn't we reach the conclusion that most people would either not care or be unhappy because of the nerf because of a lot of people screaming about uncompromising and a lot of people not knowing what FW is? you don't have any statistics for how many people want FW to become easier and people that complain about that can use brightshade staff, that's the trade off, you either learn how to kill the boss and kill it with minimal amount of resources spent or don't and overprepare, this applied ever since they added darts and gunpowder

Edited by grm9

6 minutes ago, grm9 said:

didn't we reach the conclusion that most people would either not care or be unhappy because of the nerf because of a lot of people screaming about uncompromising and a lot of people not knowing what FW is? you don't have any statistics for how many people want FW to become easier and people that complain about that can use brightshade staff, that's the trade off, you either learn how to kill the boss and kill it with minimal amount of resources spent or don't and overprepare, this applied ever since they added darts and gunpowder

I take the conclusion back... the debate is back on! :wilsoalmostangelic:

You do know that its impossible to record all the needed statistics for every decision you need to make in life. 

Klei will NEVER have all the facts. All they can do is make the best compromise that will work better for DST.

Now if Klei had to pick a side, me or you? With the 5% or with the 95%?

Would do you think they should side with?

The nerf ive suggested for AFW isnt even that much of a change.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

You do know that its impossible to record all the needed statistics for every decision you need to make in life

klei could make an in game poll that would've shown up after starting the game if you have killed FW at least once if they would've wanted to

3 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Now if Klei had to pick a side, me or you? With the 5% or with the 95%?

the numbers are arbitrary and inaccurate, not nearly that many people know what FW is, tried fighting it and concluded that it's too hard even though they were able to very easily kill it by using brightshade staff

4 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

The nerf ive suggested for AFW isnt even that much of a change

not worth implementing then ig

1 minute ago, Gashzer said:

Or its the perfect small nerf to try without upsetting too many of the elite squad?

no, it's unnecessary because most people could not even want it

4 minutes ago, grm9 said:

no, it's unnecessary because most people could not even want it

You say it yourself. AFW is so hard that people dont even try to fight him.

Having klei making an official update that makes it clear they have nerfed him abit will encourage those that just assume hes too hard to give the fight another go.

7 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

You say it yourself. AFW is so hard that people dont even try to fight him

no, they don't even know how to summon him

7 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Having klei making an official update that makes it clear they have nerfed him abit will encourage those that just assume hes too hard to give the fight another go

nope, most of those people don't look at the forums assuming that they even exist, practically everyone either never reached FW or already killed him

On 4/27/2024 at 4:10 PM, grm9 said:

yeah i'm with you.

Making crock pot foods is a waste of time with some characters (wurt, wormwood, wanda, wigfrid), and even with the others there are very good non crock pot foods which give a lot of health and sanity.

On 4/27/2024 at 11:08 AM, Sacco said:

is it just me or am i the only one who doesn't prepare meatballs at all, and i mean at all, in some of my +100 days worlds i've never cooked them.

Talking about what OP said, i mean it could be a feature, but at the same time you can just check the amount of hours someone has just by watching their profile (i know private accounts exist) or just name the server something like "serious run, no noobs".

I have 0 ideas on how this feature could impact the game.

Me 2. I only do meatballs as wortox and wormwood, maybe walter.

15 minutes ago, Sacco said:

yeah i'm with you.

Making crock pot foods is a waste of time with some characters (wurt, wormwood, wanda, wigfrid), and even with the others there are very good non crock pot foods which give a lot of health and sanity.

I disagree. I usually put all my stuff in bundles until I run out of food for rushes (which is maybe right before surface rifts), then crockpots get 1000% value cause you can simply multiply food for you and others.

Maybe for solo crockpots are useless early on I agree. But even later solo it has value.