Steam deletion still not fixed?

Dear All,
At some point few years ago a steam/water deletion in steam turbine was breaking some of my designs. I was following the thread where the bug was broadly discussed (I believe it was mathmanican who started it). As far as I remember they figure it out that it was somehow related to three medium in steam chamber: Steam, Water and Crude Oil (or any other bottom layer liquid). I think solution was to avoid liquid layer at the bottom and leave two phase medium in steam chamber: Steam and Water.
Then I read that the bug was fixed...

And now I see that my simple steam chamber is almost empty:
image.png.2f0384dc9d6196299d98d8afece34918.png

There were several kg of water there and there are just grams. There is only steam in chamber.

So apparently it is not fixed. Or is it different one?

Can anyone comment, please?

Thank you!

Is it worth to report it once again?
I do not have the exact save where bug occurs as in the past. Now I just realized that my cooling loop performance dropped and I found barely any steam in steam chamber.

This is sooo exhausting to me. Again there is cycle 1400 and I have to stop:(

Probably worth it to report again or add a comment on the bug report posted above. They may not realize it’s still happening.

Are you able to reproduce the bug in your current save?

As I mentioned I do not have a save that guarantee reproduction as in the past.

Also, this time there is no automation involved directly. Automation is attached to hydrogen cooling loop and to crude oil cooled loop.

I asked Klei about it. Maybe they will hear my cry xD

IIRC the reported bug required a very specific temperature in the >300C range.  Has your steam room been getting that hot?

It might be worth putting in a pressure sensor with a notifier set to pause the game when the pressure drops.  Would probably help diagnose any problems.

No, there is no way temperature raised above 300C at any point in time. The setup was always cooling down to the same temperature before allowing for new liquid to cool. It was the time between new liquid was pumped to the cooling chamber that made think something is wrong. There was not enough cooling due to small steam pressure.

I will try to rebuild it with pressure sensor to catch steam deletion.

I believe the problem to be with falling liquids. I've kept my eye on several steam turbine setups on an old save and I can confidently say that the turbines are fine. (That save has survived through several of these steam deletion threads and is still active).

A way I came to this conclusion is that some escher waterfalls I had in a loop started to lose liquid. So, without the turbines or liquid vents to blame, I can only point at the falling liquid mechanism.

I've resorted to have a refilling setup with a valve, shutoff and an atmo sensor...

I've also tried the flaking boiler and found it to be very stable. Steam has vanished nonetheless but the frequency of it happening is very diminished. Assuming the turbines are well, I really can't pinpoint why it would happen in such a build, though.

• Like 2

I agree  I agree (and it was proven already) that it is not steam turbine itself. Steam deletion was observed in setups with no steam turbine. I also agree that it is falling liquid or interaction with liquid vent.

I have several steam turbines working on my colony. Most of them have high pressure steam chamber (20+ kg of steam per tile). The one that is now failing is low pressure (<10kg per tile). I will be looking at all other steam chambers to see if they are not loosing any steam.