deconstructing steam turbines releases steam

After a quick sandbox experiment: deconstructing an active turbine drops a bottle of 95°C water. If the turbine's stopped for having blocked outputs, or disabled by automation (but has enough steam to run otherwise), it drops the water as steam instead.

I hadn't seen this before either, but then again I don't think I ever deconstructed a turbine sitting on top of 125+°C steam before. It's consistent with the behavior of other buildings.

Edited by pnambic
  • Like 3

Some things got optimized. This may be a side-effect. Another effect is that I just had an excessively long load-time and afterwards a dog-slow reaction time for a while. My guess is the GC is broken in some situations. 

Some "fuel" can be left within. Just like a natural gas generator, for example. Deconstructing either safely is a task left for the gamer.

This has been the default behavior for years now. Once the steam turbine has worked at least once there is a chance that it will not empty all its contents after stopping operation. No mass is lost as it's within internal storage (that can't be seen unlike other generators...).

I've seen this at least a year ago. This is why I prefer cooling ST by a pool of water. Then just put a TS-plate behind the turbine and the steam condenses without creating any new layers of liquid.