PLEASE say Rot washing away will be an optional World Setting.

I can understand how some people might want that, but I would 100% have that turned off every time. Rot can be a very handy thing to find here and there and I mostly play solo, so I'm not worried at all about it cluttering my world.

I still dunno what's the handy thing about something we can mass produce anyway? Pick a lot of flowers, farm too many crops, dig many many shrooms and you got stacks of rot. Better yet - just get tons of lightbulbs and store in chest any of that you wanna rot. I like this change, it keep things from looking gross. Mostly.

• Like 4
  • Wavey 1

33 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

I can understand how some people might want that, but I would 100% have that turned off every time. Rot can be a very handy thing to find here and there and I mostly play solo, so I'm not worried at all about it cluttering my world.

If your playing as Wormwood you can unlock your juicy berry bush crafting skill (these spoil into rot faster than anything else) just craft those, pluck berries, throw them on the ground.. wait for rots to accumulate within less than 1 in game day.

Only thing you’ll need to be mindful of is if it starts raining lol..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If your playing as Wormwood you can unlock your juicy berry bush crafting skill (these spoil into rot faster than anything else) just craft those, pluck berries, throw them on the ground.. wait for rots to accumulate within less than 1 in game day.

I read somewhere that leaving perishables in water grants even faster spoiling than on the ground. So if you have the luxury of mouse controls, you could even drop the berries in the water. I just realized, would fish be able to eat them though?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Semind said:

I read somewhere that leaving perishables in water grants even faster spoiling than on the ground. So if you have the luxury of mouse controls, you could even drop the berries in the water. I just realized, would fish be able to eat them though?

Why you gotta remind me that the console version of dst is inferior to Pc point & click mouse controls? I had nearly forgotten that console players can’t drag and drop things like Mouse can.. which actually DOES impact gameplay (such as trying to tame a Gnarwail by dragging meats over him)

1 hour ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I still dunno what's the handy thing about something we can mass produce anyway? Pick a lot of flowers, farm too many crops, dig many many shrooms and you got stacks of rot. Better yet - just get tons of lightbulbs and store in chest any of that you wanna rot. I like this change, it keep things from looking gross. Mostly.

The thing is, this is an active way to obtain something that would normally passively build up with 0 effort. I never had to put time into intentionally gaining rot before, and now I do, which kinda sucks.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can roast juicy berries so they spoil faster, and leave them inside an abandoned backpack or a chest. 

As an alternative you can harvest lightbulbs, lichen and ferns, summon toadstool and wait for it to shoot a spore on you, and drop it over your perishables. You can abandon the fight after. He can help you create any amount of rot and rotten eggs instantly and anytime you need, since day 1.

After the moonstorms are active, you can capture the mutated birds and feed them in a cage, they also make rot and rotten eggs.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 1

The main thing it effects for me is I like to clear the swamp with merms, and I leave the monster meat as I dont have enough inventory space, but I usually go back and pick it up when it turns into rot. Now I cant do that anymore!

1 hour ago, finn from human said:

The thing is, this is an active way to obtain something that would normally passively build up with 0 effort. I never had to put time into intentionally gaining rot before, and now I do, which kinda sucks.

I dunno why anyone even needs that much rot without putting in the effort. It's good for planting plants, yes, but you kinda do it once and you get 10x more rot from passively getting lots of food by traveling and farming.

I just think wanting the rot to return and lingering around is less reasonable compared to just going out and doing the thing in mass production.

Stone fruit does the job better than most things too, just get a crack of that with some explosives and boom - many many stacks of rot and rocks.

Stone fruit not an option? Lightbulbs still will remain.

To be frank, getting high amount of rot by just walking seems like a lot more effort since you gotta wait for it to happen and very little that you'll find around the world till like day hundreds and more. Getting tons of rot by just collecting few things and storing them isn't effort, waiting for it to accumulate is. Options I given here are way more efficient and would trash the world less.

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

20 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I just think wanting the rot to return and lingering around is less reasonable compared to just going out and doing the thing in mass production.

My point stands that the way I've been playing for 9 years was by getting rot passively, and intentionally going and mass producing it is something I never had to do before.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, finn from human said:

My point stands that the way I've been playing for 9 years was by getting rot passively, and intentionally going and mass producing it is something I never had to do before.

I didnt ask for a redesigned craft UI either but hey here we are.

47 minutes ago, finn from human said:

So?