Stacking Knobbly Tree Nuts

I'm trying to stack a LOT of knobbly tree nuts on top of each other, I used a winch to get them in the exact same spot, but as soon as I move the boat away the first tree grew, which blocks the others from growing, I removed that first tree so the rest could grow, but it seems only one can grow at a time, and I can't stack them... Does anyone know a way to stack the trees? I tried the following already:
Growing offscreen: unloaded, on both the same & separate shards
Using various wicker books
Sinking a boat on top of them; ensuring the sinking animation happens

If anyone has any ideas let me know!

Why do you want to stack them?  Pretty sure its something the code is going to prevent, similar to putting them in water too small for a boat to fit in.

5 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Why do you want to stack them?  Pretty sure its something the code is going to prevent, similar to putting them in water too small for a boat to fit in.

For both the reason of stacking fig vines in a tight space for maxwell minions + seeing if it's possible in any way

I think I recall that once you make one grow giant another will start to grow. So this is going to be a loooooong process, provided it even works like that.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, BezKa said:

I think I recall that once you make one grow giant another will start to grow. So this is going to be a loooooong process, provided it even works like that.

This is exactly how it works. You stack trees on top of each other, wait for one to grow, grow it to be giant, another grows, rinse and repeat. This takes a long while to do, as a result.

20 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

This is exactly how it works. You stack trees on top of each other, wait for one to grow, grow it to be giant, another grows, rinse and repeat. This takes a long while to do, as a result.

Just tested it out and it worked! Thanks so much! Now I know what I'll spend the next 800 in game days doing :wilson_love:

• Like 2

I hope klei doesn't patch this one, it's such a niche bug...

I do hope they patch the bug where chopping one tree will make all the figs in its radius fall instead of the 3-4 that spawn from it.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 7:19 AM, Juanasdf said:

I hope klei doesn't patch this one, it's such a niche bug...

WHAT?! are you having unauthorized fun? I must report this to klei immediately. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1