Acid Rain Mushtrees

Just wanted to get this out there, but the current visual for acid rain on Mushtrees leaves a lot to be desired. Though the random placement of the splotches is cool, the splotch itself is rather small and very fuzzy quality. Were it up to me, I think something more akin to coral bleaching would be a better fit for the rain's acidic nature.

Edit: I've just realized: perhaps something simular could be done for the algae and lichen?

Edited by YouKnowWho
  • Like 9

The sprites are currently baked into the same atlas, so it makes sense that they're fuzzy, as the Mushtrees themselves are all still very LQ!
Were they to be re-exported in a higher quality, the acid rain splotches would be updated with them.

Also on that note, more of a side note really, I sorta hope these splotches can be applied to Clockworks and Rock Lobsters. I think melted Clockworks would be so SICK looking since they're made weakened.

• Like 7

Honestly it really feels like Klei doesn't like the caves, to the point where putting stuff in them is like pulling teeth. Throughout the content arc so far we've had six bosses, and only one of those was for the caves. And we had to actively push Klei toward putting him down there, he was originally gonna be yet another surface boss. This whole mushtree thing feels almost phoned-in to me because caves doesn't have enough content to justify living down there for prolonged periods of time. People mostly just go to ruins and then return to the surface.

I know this doesn't seem relevant to the topic, but to me the somewhat underwhelming mushtree visuals represent another case of Klei simply not caring for the caves very much. Maybe the next update will change my mind, I don't know.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2024 at 4:27 AM, YouKnowWho said:

Just wanted to get this out there, but the current visual for acid rain on Mushtrees leaves a lot to be desired.

That thing looks like someone sneezed on the shroom. Not a fan. I'd rather have a bunch of yellow dots all over the shrooms or something. 

While we're at it, what the hell is even the point? I didn't chop mush trees before, why are klei trying to make it even less appealing. 

• Health 1

11 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

That thing looks like someone sneezed on the shroom. Not a fan. I'd rather have a bunch of yellow dots all over the shrooms or something. 

While we're at it, what the hell is even the point? I didn't chop mush trees before, why are klei trying to make it even less appealing. 

To make the world feel more alive. They just want acid rain and, likewise (in the next update), lunar hail to interact more with the world.