Testing the usefulness of W.O.B.O.T.

I had done a test before and it had damaged 75% and only harvested 49 grasses.

I had already given up on this idea, but it was explained by @V2C that "Fixed W.O.B.O.T. sometimes consuming durability while offscreen, causing it to break much faster than it should." and that "The W.O.B.O.T. now works offscreen."

I usually leave Powder Monkey there and it is very efficient and I can leave several of them at the same time. Each monkey has 20 slots, so one monkey can collect 800 grasses.

I haven't read anything about W.O.B.O.T's collecting ability.

Anybody know?

Posted (edited)

Conclusion: useless for this purpose. Collected 139 grasses in a long time and was left with 19% health. Each monkey would collect 800 grasses and could use 9 of them at the same time. So you would have 7,200 grasses compared to less than 200 for the robot.

It will be just one of the many items that Klei adds and no one ends up using. Unfortunately.

Edited by Cruvimaster
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

Conclusion: useless for this purpose. Collected 139 grasses in a long time and was left with 19% health. Each monkey would collect 800 grasses and could use 9 of them at the same time. So you would have 7,200 grasses compared to less than 200 for the robot.

It will be just one of the many items that Klei adds and no one ends up using. Unfortunately.

It doesn't need to be as fasy as monkeys (actually i would love if they still be faster so they have an use) but the durability drain is awful

I still don't understand why we can't have multiple of these? It's great to keep around, put one each at storage unit or farm and it does the work. You can do it with Maxwell minions, or monkeys if you feel like getting yourself annoyed with them... But Wobot actually brings some automation I'd want to install in few areas just to keep clean without needing to carry it at all times.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

How exactly do you get monkey slaves?

Play another game called “The Survivalists” (seriously the entire concept of the game is have monkeys work for you..)

But outside of that I would imagine in DST through a lot of trail and error, they annoy me far too much to ever seem useful so I just kill them anytime I get a chance.

6 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but is Wobot a so called “Late-Game” item that requires the player to kill CC and activate Rifts to even obtain? It should probably be a pretty decent item then.

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

For my style of gameplay, the best method of collecting grass is video. Generates a huge number in a short time.

I'm not saying it's the best in the game, as everyone knows Wickerbottom exists.

Using Grass Gekko is extremely efficient and powerful. It was my main until I had Shadow Reaper in the game.

I tested W.O.B.O.T. to see if it would be a good option, but it wasn't.

I had to stop recording, as I will be receiving a guest soon (dear Deerclops).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

And do they just harvest things for you? How do you get the items? Killing them?

Only the stuff that is dropped, being twigs and grass and has a big inventory to store it all. You can technically just teleport him in and push him into water without getting a trinket dropped on you just dropping everything else one has stored. Best paired with grass geckos and grass gators.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, JosePapp said:

And do they just harvest things for you? How do you get the items? Killing them?

You have to teleport, let him collect the grass (when he is full you will see that he will stop picking things up and will no longer attack you), kill him and return to the island to remove the curse.

The main function I use is to leave a group of them on the base for decoration purposes.

The collection itself would be an extremely expensive process, as you would have to spend 3 purple gems to have 800 grass, in addition to using the Telelocator Staff.

You can also use it just to perform the function of a Bunnyman or Chester (scare the monsters to drop the grass). Knowing that it has 20 slots, let it pick up 20 different things that will quickly fill the slots and stop picking up grass. Then just collect it as you already do with Bunnyman / Chester. The advantage is that he doesn't get aggressive when full of items while the Bunnyman will attack you if he has meat.

Edited by Cruvimaster
  • Like 1