We need Twins of Terror Shield buff for Wigfrid!

Do we need a buff to the Shield of Terror so that Wigfrid can block enemy attacks with it?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need this?

• Let's do it!
    • Bruh.

I will write briefly. We need Wigfrid to be able to use Twins of Terror Shield to block enemy attacks like her primary shield!

This could even be an unlockable skill after adding the last point in the shield tree, but add it in this QLL, please! It's an obvious solution!

• Like 3

When you make a poll like this, the options should be "yes" "no" "unsure" and "show results"

"bruh" is not an appropriate poll option, it skews the votes by making people not want to pick it even if they think they don't want/care about this change.

and you should always allow people to be on the fence, therefore: unsure

and some people just wanna know what people think.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Shopcat 1

I am perfectly aware of this @Copyafriend! I just don't have much faith that Klei will take any of my proposals on Klei Forums seriously. The word "bruh" in this case is a manifestation of this opinion. Anyway, if something happens in this case, I won't complain, but I'm not setting myself up for success either way. :wilson_flower:

3 hours ago, xKli0x said:

I am perfectly aware of this @Copyafriend! I just don't have much faith that Klei will take any of my proposals on Klei Forums seriously. The word "bruh" in this case is a manifestation of this opinion. Anyway, if something happens in this case, I won't complain, but I'm not setting myself up for success either way. :wilson_flower:

your inability to provide reasonable options makes it harder to take your proposal seriously. but regardless, it is just that, a proposal, you should always be expected to be taken seriously, whether or not the devs actually CONSIDER what you say is something different entirely.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Shopcat 1

11 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

I disagree - the shield should be able to perform a dash like the Elding Spear.

For everyone,  even if a small dash

With the addition of planar mobs, getting the shield isnt as "important" as before because you wont use it in the long term

• Like 2

@Copyafriend; I also assume that if my proposal is good, Klei will take it into account regardless of the community's opinion. I would be happy even if someone at Klei just noticed this topic and said that they would not add it, but still...

11 minutes ago, xKli0x said:

I also assume that if my proposal is good, Klei will take it into account regardless of the community's opinion. I would be happy even if someone at Klei just noticed this topic and said that they would not add it, but still...

Not necessarily. I see hundreds of good suggestions a year. a good suggestion is not necessarily a suggestion that needs to be taken into account. You are looking at this entirely wrong. No amount of "yeah that's a pretty good idea" guarantees any level of consideration.

klei is under no obligation to read your post let alone consider it to be added.

Would it be cool if it was?

sure. I sure don't care one way or another whether it is added, and it sounds nice. I like the SOT, and would love extra uses for it even if I am unlikely to use them myself.

HOWEVER:

klei has limited development time, every second they spend adding something cool is a second that they're not working on what they have decided in advance that they need to work on. They have plans this year that don't involve your ideas at all. if they can fit your idea in, then they MIGHT. if they both like the idea and also decide it fits thematically and is useful and interesting enough to spend the development time on it. only THEN does your idea get put into the pool of things that might get added later.

my point was that klei will take it seriously, as in take it seriously as a suggestion, but that does not mean that they will consider adding it. your idea is one of hundreds, ignoring the ideas that the development team themselves have made and decided long before you sat down to write this post up.

they probably did notice it, they're pretty active in these forums (silently) but it's not something they're going to call out specifically.

• Like 1

This isn't a QoL, nor do I think this should be a thing. 

This would literally be better than Wigfrids character exclusive new craft, and makes zero sense. 

And the other buffs people are asking for are massive. To an outdated early game item from a previous collab. 

I think shields are awesome and I enjoy using them.

If you want more shields or more uses for shields completely fair discussion. 

Adding this feature to shield of terror is not the solution 

The most realistic thing to ask for here would be a Terraria skin ( or new skins in general) for Wigfrids new shield, because I will agree her shield doesn't look good 

Edited by Kwaik
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kwaik said:

And the other buffs people are asking for are massive. To an outdated early game item from a previous collab.

In no universe is killing the twins earlygame.

I also don't think adding a dash is unreasonable when that's literally what the shield does in Terraria, and people have been calling the shield underwhelming since its release.

• Shopcat 1

4 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

I also don't think adding a dash is unreasonable when that's literally what the shield does in Terraria, and people have been calling the shield underwhelming since its release.

Is the only stage of the game where is worth getting it

30 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Is the only stage of the game where is worth getting it

which is why people usually don't, since it's obnoxious to kill them through multiple nights with default damage multiplier during autumn and winter isn't really early game 

i don't see why not. the weapon is already tailored to better in the hands of maxxwell, why not make it make sense as another shield option for continuity (even if its only for wig). didn't realize it provided a dash in terraria so i guess now i understand why people have been suggesting it

Edited by Soul7k

4 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

Sure it is, yes there may be some cheese involved. But the twins will help you kill almost any boss on the surface and have you on cleanup duty. 

Regardless the shield is one of the strongest early game weapons that's incredibly easy to maintain forever. It's also one of the only weapons that also acts as armor offering you incredible flexibility with all gear. 

I don't know how anyone can call it underwhelming considering what it brings to the table. 

Regardless this non QoL suggestion, QoL suggestion would make it incredibly strong. 

And almost no weapons in this game having special abilities, so adding a special ability to a very old weapon doesn't make sense.

The thought of items having special abilities is cool it's interesting, but then you add them to new items.  You don't revisit ones that are years old and are already extremely powerful 

1 hour ago, Kwaik said:

Regardless the shield is one of the strongest early game weapons that's incredibly easy to maintain forever. It's also one of the only weapons that also acts as armor offering you incredible flexibility with all gear.

Once again your premise only holds if we agree that it is early game, which we do not. Just because you can bruteforce it or cheese it doesn't change the fact that the twins are incredibly difficult to defeat and not something most players will do or consider earlygame.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

Once again your premise only holds if we agree that it is early game, which we do not. Just because you can bruteforce it or cheese it doesn't change the fact that the twins are incredibly difficult to defeat and not something most players will do or consider earlygame.

Early game or not, it doesn't change the fact that you're talking about taking an item that's years old and making it way better than a brand new item.

Is there a precedent of Klei going back and overhauling years old weapons to give them new abilities? 

Klei has made an emphasis on introducing new and unique items to the game via unlockable talents in skill trees. They've also been introducing new items from new content/bosses.

I don't see why Klei would go back and overhaul an item from years ago, and have it eclipse or repeat the function items that were recently introduced and potentially still getting tweaked. 

This is a small ish game, the devs add content at a bit of a trickle. I don't see why revamping an old item would make more sense than focusing on new and upcoming content. Especially since the shield of terror already has a unique ability, which is the ability to feed it to repair. Which is a pretty awesome ability I might add 

5 hours ago, Kwaik said:

Regardless the shield is one of the strongest early game weapons that's incredibly easy to maintain forever

ornery beefalo that takes up your hand slot, can't be boosted to 66 damage, requires feeding it using monster meat instead of twigs/grass/light bulbs, has 80% protection instead of 100% and no speedboost

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

ornery beefalo that takes up your hand slot, can't be boosted to 66 damage, requires feeding it using monster meat instead of twigs/grass/light bulbs, has 80% protection instead of 100% and no speedboost

If you're Wilson with the beard hair slots you can stack full rot in all 3 slots and have a lot of easy food. It's not as good as monster meat but it's good for trivial repairs.

I don't think Wigfrid should be able to block with the shield though, the shield was never a damage blocker in Terraria rather a movement booster. There are 2 items in Terraria that can actually do a "block" action and the SoC isn't one of them.