All tools / armor / clothing should count as fuel

what are you trying to get rid of? old dark swords and football helms?

I know this could come across as not really acknowledging the issue, but why are you not just... using up the tools and armor?

In the case of armor, I don't believe you take more damage when taking a hit wearing a 1% bit of armor, you block the intended amount still it just breaks. 

Same goes for weapons, perhaps instead of deleting the items wasting a bunch of resources, maybe this is an opportunity for a different kind of solution?

what if klei added some sort of way to combine old low percent tools with others, saving on inventory space and making tools/armors less of a space waster.

heck, could be an opportunity to use old junk items as a way to make repair kits for certain items.

The only issue here I don't see is the old clothing items bit, sewing kits (and Winnona tape) are still present, can't say i see a reason to make stacks of hats or clothing items when in most cases one is sufficient. (unless there is spoilage involved or it can't be repaired, but most of those have deconstruction staff interactions)   

• Like 1

A method people have been using lately to get rid of armor/ weapons/ tools is equipping the armor on a punching bag and attacking with equipment to break both (if you need to get rid of armor but no tools, use a walking cane or something that has no durability eaten up when used.

I agree though on pub servers it'd be nice to be able to get rid of the 6+ rabbit muffs spawned/ dropped by randos in winter. Plus all the character-specific items that become trash when they leave the server (looking at you circuit extractor, webby whistle, rock dumbells, slingshots)

Edited by dzzydzzy
  • Like 2

For clothing I put it on a Pig/Merm/Bunnyman.
For Armor you can put it on a Punching Bag (or previously just take some damage from a spider or wear it the next time you fight a boss)
For weapons/tools you can attack Chester/Hutch.

I don't want to use lureplant bulbs anymore as I need to position myself so that bulbs don't attack me and I am still in the range for it to eat the items..

Why can't we place lureplant on terrain that doesn't allow bulbs to spawn but we can open lureplant like a chest and stuff it with items to delete?

• Like 1