Can we get food/cookable-compatible storage tile?

I began experimenting with storage tiles, and absolutely love their ability to sweeper-move materials between sealed rooms without rails, loaders, chutes - reduced power cabling, railing, vacuum cooling, and automation port spam. On top of that, contained materials are inside a metal tile (no volatile off-gassing), bypassing the need to pressurise dusk cap/lettuce farms ahead of time. And while I haven't tested it, I suspect the high thermal conductivity of metals plus some hot liquid running through them should allow for trivial solid-dirt-spike growing for all my compact-CSV-tamer and pip-planted-farm needs.

Can we please get them (or some new building) to accept cooking ingredients? I built my kitchen after FJ's recent series (cooking ingredients only accessed by sweeper, dupe food in open vacuum storage), and would love if there was a way to move some limited amount of pincha peppers into the recreation room for the tea station, without cramming yet another loader into the already-too-busy kitchen and figuring out how to keep the rec-room's stash frozen.

EDIT: Apparently, storage tiles perfectly insulate the contents, so they don't work for cooking algae into dirt etc. It would make them perfect for perishables, such a shame...

Edited by myxal

I tried using storage tiles with sweepers to transfer stuff between rooms, and I couldn't get it to work. The sweepers seemed to want to put stuff in, but not take it out on the other side. Was there a bug? Did I have the priorities set wrong somehow? Do you have a screenshot of your setup?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, meekay said:

I tried using storage tiles with sweepers to transfer stuff between rooms, and I couldn't get it to work. The sweepers seemed to want to put stuff in, but not take it out on the other side. Was there a bug? Did I have the priorities set wrong somehow? Do you have a screenshot of your setup?

I'll be able to post a screenshot later but yes, I had it working - sweeper took isoresin/tungsten from tile an put it into a loader for interplanetary launcher. Sweepers and dupes alike will take stuff from lower priority storage to higher priority, so if you're chaining storages the priority has to go up. To my knowledge, when supplying for consumption (tea station, grill, kiln etc.) the priorities don't matter.

EDIT: Here's the screenshots.

Storage errand daisy chain to supply IPL:

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-03-12at00_07_33.png.c8a93f5b2a1e3b13292e8444dfa64269.png
Screenshot2024-03-12at00_07_44.png.10f3634f542e7fb5f0e59646c0f41a78.png

Supply errand for geotuner:

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-03-12at00_27_04.png.e7e6a5ad30adccb3580b45002e30de97.png

Screenshot2024-03-12at00_27_11.png.0a130daccb09e991b5f97ddaba4973c7.png

Screenshot2024-03-12at00_27_20.png.943641f83c30d12c677acd0bff525349.png

Edited by myxal
  • Thanks 1