Perhaps Wormwood should be treated kindlier in the Moon Rift world.

1. Deadly  Brightshade should be friendlier to Wormwood than to the other characters.  Don't actively hate Wormwood or hate less (similar to WX-78's relationship with Clockworks), which, in turn, will subtract some of Wormwood's sanity when a Glitter dies nearby.
  • In the setting, Wormwood is the result of a green gemstone falling from the moon coming into contact with plants, which in some ways can be seen as a fellow countryman of nightshade. Wormwood also refers to Deadly Brightshade as a "friend" in the character's lines, and Wormwood's "friends" include Sea Weed, Eye Plant, and Spiny Bindweed, all of whom are more friendly to Wormwood than the other players, and perhaps Deadly Brightshade should be as a friend as well.
  • In multiplayer games, Wormwood's player tends to prefer the business and construction aspect of the game, rather than combat and adventure. After the update From Beyond, the character with the biggest impact on the game experience is Wormwood, and the Deadly Brightshade kills Wormwood's Bulbous Lightbug and Friendly Fruit Fly, and the Wormwood player is forced to give up his farming job to pick up weapons and fight the battles he is not good at. Maybe he should be made friendlier to Deadly Brightshade and enjoy the privilege of farming at ease.

2.Perhaps Wormwood should take less damage in the Lunar hail.

• This is compensation for the fact that Wormwood will take more damage in acid rain, which should be fair. It also fits nicely with Wormwood's setting as a product of plants and the moon.
Edited by Natsuki Bamboo
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Natsuki Bamboo said:

2.Perhaps Wormwood should take less damage in the Lunar hail.

A sharp glass from the Moon is falling with extreme speed on your head. If anything, Lunar hail should deal MORE damage. 

• Like 2

Lore wise, I believe Deadly Brightshade isn't a true plant but rather a spirit taking over the "body" of a plant. The gestalts seem to have a theme of taking over the bodies of hosts they wish to inhabit, if they're too strong they will only do it when the original body dies.

So, it's not the plant that's attacking Wormwood, it's the spirit of death inside of it that is using its newfound body to attack Wormwood.

Edited by cropo
  • Like 2

If Wurt can have lunar frog neutrality for some reason Wormwood definitely should have a smaller aggro range with brightshades like WX has with clockworks. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ohan said:

If Wurt can have lunar frog neutrality for some reason Wormwood definitely should have a smaller aggro range with brightshades like WX has with clockworks. 

Perhaps if WW is wearing brighshade armor they confuse him as one of them until he is close enough.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cropo said:

Lore wise, I believe Deadly Brightshade isn't a true plant but rather a spirit taking over the "body" of a plant. The gestalts seem to have a theme of taking over the bodies of hosts they wish to inhabit, if they're too strong they will only do it when the original body dies.

Yeah, the brightshade ghost is the same as the Iceclops/lunar varg/armor bearger.

14 hours ago, Natsuki Bamboo said:

Deadly  Brightshade should be friendlier to Wormwood

This is a bad change, it may sound good on paper but if brightshades are neutral to Wormwood then that means he HAS to start the fight with them meaning he has to punch them first, taking damage because of the thorns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CuteC said:

This is a bad change, it may sound good on paper but if brightshades are neutral to Wormwood then that means he HAS to start the fight with them meaning he has to punch them first, taking damage because of the thorns.

I don't know if I think brightshades should ignore Wormwood, but fixing this problem is as simple as putting a small timer on them if they're attacked by him out of combat.

3 hours ago, CuteC said:

I good compromise would be is lower aggro range for em

I, as a fan of Wormwood, think that a good solution to this problem would be to have planar protection in the husk. Perhaps this should only be applied to husk Wormwood and only with skill. Because now it is very difficult for Wormwood to resist a brightshade, while there is not brightshade armor.
I was personally confused by Wigfried's skill with her new combat helmet. Since her helmet can be used on a non-Wigfrid player and protects against damage from deadly brightshade. That is, a “non-lunar” character with upgraded personal crafting can defend against a lunar deadly attack, but a character who fell from the moon does not have the opportunity to wear personal armor in a battle with a lunar creature? Doesn't that seem unfair? 

I really like the current moon skills and would have a hard time giving up any of them, but it's also important to have brightshade protection while there's no brightshade armor