Walking cane, walking stick and slipping mechanic

Shouldnt walking cane/stick prevent you from slipping as they add a solid point for you to grab to?

All staff like fire staff/ice... and bright shade staff should prevent slipping also.

Edited by Tranoze
  • Like 1

A cane like the one DS has would be only as slippery as you on flat ice, they don't have a better grip than the foot, worse you'd probably loose balance control from carrying it. It would need to be a more adapted tip in order to make an improvement. But aside of that, I also prefer that ice refrains us from using speed items since they're dominating anywhere else.

Still I do like the potential addition of an item that reduce slipperiness if it carried by hand and not having it speed based. Just because of its magic nature the Ice Staff could play that role using a passive spell while equipped on ice with some visuals surrounding it.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, ADM said:

A cane like the one DS has would be only as slippery as you on flat ice, they don't have a better grip than the foot

Even without grip, having 3 point to balance on is much more easier than standing on just 2 feet (that why when you fall you have to use your hand as 3rd leg)

From balance point of view, yes, walking cane doesnt need to be more op.
From logic point of view, as all cane, they should provide stable for walking.

29 minutes ago, ADM said:

addition of an item that reduce slipperiness

I thought about it before, but adding too much more items just for the sake of solving one problem that you rarely encounter, noone would use them, cuz they can just walk around from pond, avoid penguin area.

Without cane, you cant balance yourself, and you slip.
image.png.d8eca6a8161ac38dd10e9a75a52435b9.png
Now with cane as 3rd balance point 
image.png.9178d1edc4bbb2118876d09fb9fd8b9b.png

• Haha 1

You ever seen an old man with a walking cane slip on ice? I like the idea of an upgraded ice staff that helps prevent it, but for right now… the actual slipping mechanic is so new- You guys already asking for a way to remove its effects :lol:

Please play that mobile game I keep mentioning, get used to sliding uncontrollably across the ice in that game, and as you do that… notice how it makes fighting enemies and avoiding trap hazards more interesting, more of a “thinking” game.

I wouldn’t want “Spiked Boots” that remove this effect before it can EVEN be given creative uses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You ever seen an old man with a walking cane slip on ice?

image.png.b8a97417a035f8806a9d7786f635f320.png

The only slip one is here:
image.png.227e5c22ea39b1b77aedf249b065dffa.png
Look there, that the only image that the old man dont have any walking cane, all other old man with walking cane walk quite well.

Guess he wouldnt slip if he had the cane.

2 hours ago, Maxposting said:

i think most people slip backwards rather than forward

If there a cane for me to lean forward, i wouldnt be slipping backward. That the point of prevention.