The moonstorm changes are wonderful, but....

If you aren't aware of what changes with the incomplete experiment crafting recipe, basically two of the restrained statics are in the recipe are replaced with 4 scrap each, with the final part of the construction taking the only static required.

This is a wonderful change, in a multiplayer server it drastically reduces the time spent in the moonstorm and players who are dedicated to farming celestial champion can do it in a reasonable time now, however...

Because of the moongleams (15) and moonglass (30) requirements in the recipe being unchanged it heavily bottlenecks solo players, the time spent waiting for materials to spawn will be around the same time that it took to complete 3 static quests before. In a multiplayer setting this is not an issue because each player in the moonstorm gets their own moongleam spawns.

I feel bad making a post about the moonstorm changes because it's a change that I've been asking for a while and we finally got it, but I feel like this needs to be addressed because it doesn't change much for solo players as it should. It would be nice if the moonglass and moongleam parts of the recipe were reduced or the spawn rates of the materials were increased.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, splorange said:

If you aren't aware of what changes with the incomplete experiment crafting recipe, basically two of the restrained statics are in the recipe are replaced with 4 scrap each, with the final part of the construction taking the only static required.

This is a wonderful change, in a multiplayer server it drastically reduces the time spent in the moonstorm and players who are dedicated to farming celestial champion can do it in a reasonable time now, however...

Because of the moongleams (15) and moonglass (30) requirements in the recipe being unchanged it heavily bottlenecks solo players, the time spent waiting for materials to spawn will be around the same time that it took to complete 3 static quests before. In a multiplayer setting this is not an issue because each player in the moonstorm gets their own moongleam spawns.

I feel bad making a post about the moonstorm changes because it's a change that I've been asking for a while and we finally got it, but I feel like this needs to be addressed because it doesn't change much for solo players as it should. It would be nice if the moonglass and moongleam parts of the recipe were reduced or the spawn rates of the materials were increased.

They could give us the option to increase the spawn of moongleans and infused moon shards in the moonstorm.
Now we can farm more infused moon shards with  the Lunar Hail but we still don't have a good option for moongleans: 
image.png.70a09f699e1504e851e659475b387e41.png

People don't usually think about the solo player experience, especially on console where there's no action queue, mods, etc for things that require a lot of grinding.

:ambivalence:

• Like 1

Wouldnt be better to increase the spawn rate of materials so we engage with the content while we reduce the afk waiting? I think that would be funnier to farm X ammount of gleams and glass that spawn quickly than waiting feeling boredoom to farm 1/2X of materials 

• Like 1