Acid Infused Mobs need more visual cues

I'm aware this is the first day of the beta, and these changes are unfinished.
I prefer to make my posts early to try and get these out there whilst development time is fresh!!

Currently, there's a handful of mobs that are changed during Acid Rain. Some are weakened, some are made stronger.
However, there's no way to tell them apart, and there's almost no visual cues at all to communicate these effects are taking place!

Bats are the closest thing to having custom art, but rather instead of having unique art, their eyes are slightly shifted green, and glow.
Other mobs like Clockworks, and Hutch, two mobs with new affinities with Acid Rain, have no visual cues at all.
This weakened acid clockwork looks the same!
 image.png.297af76754c3d4c6f34715f307f63b4b.png

I'm here to propose that these mobs get some custom art of their own to show their physical changes. It doesn't need to be entirely new reskins, but much like how all the Mushtrees were changed, these could also get some wear and/or nitre growths to tell the player their changing.

Something simple, like Clockworks have visible acid tear, to show that they're weakened. And just like how Bats got new eating animations for Nitre, affected mobs could have minor animations to show that they're either enjoying, or being hurt negatively by Acid Rain!!

Edited by -Variant
Fixed caps lock for you, bud...
  • Like 19
  • Big Ups 3

I think behavior change would be better, we've had too many reskin or fx variations already. And these weakening and strengthening just simple number change do not seem to be worth the obvious.

• Like 1

Change the black leaky parts to glowing acid green, pretty subtitle change.. but one that shows a clear indication this thing is being harmed by the Acid Rain.

I always wondered how the broken clockworks looked so worn down and messed up compared to the ones on the surface, and acid rain is a pretty darn good lore explanation for that I think. :) 

I haven’t played the beta yet (computer is currently broken rn trying to get it fixed :/ ) but From the image I can barely notice a difference. Maybe Klei could make the clock works have acid stains, rust, etc. or a more melted look?

• Like 2