Wormwood Bloom Meter

As much as I love the idea of hidden information and immersiveness - so many other characters have visible meters for their stats.  Were, might, inspiration, etc.

The changes to Wormwood make me think the idea is to use items to stay in bloom rather than bouncing in and out.  Bouncing in and out you never needed a meter b/c when you leave bloom you'd just use an item to re-start the growth, and be good.  It wasn't a big concern exactly how much you had.  In the new system it might be helpful to know how much bloom you have so that you can properly recharge, and see the value of this skill.

I'm not a wormwood player really, but those are my thoughts.

• Like 10
  • Big Ups 3

A meter is not completely needed, the only thing that's really needed to be conveyed is when stage 3 is about to run out. 

This can be done with some kind of border change around one of the stats (maybe hunger) or through quotes. Wormwood should be able to tell when it's about to run out, since it's his body.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

A meter is not completely needed, the only thing that's really needed to be conveyed is when stage 3 is about to run out. 

This can be done with some kind of border change around one of the stats (maybe hunger) or through quotes. Wormwood should be able to tell when it's about to run out, since it's his body.

some vines around hunger to also imply the increased hunger drain could also be good

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

A great way to do that is with a meter. :wilson_flower:

Also, do you really only need to know when it is about to run out?  You wouldn't want to know you will be low soon, and top up in base before leaving?  Restart on super growth formula before you go?

Edited by Yuuko
  • Health 1

I'm hoping that they could add a sort of petals-falling effect that appears on your screen, similar to when Abgail levels up. One of the coolest ui animations that never seemed to be utilized more. With matching colors for each skin.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

5 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

A great way to do that is with a meter. :wilson_flower:

Also, do you really only need to know when it is about to run out?  You wouldn't want to know you will be low soon, and top up in base before leaving?  Restart on super growth formula before you go?

The more you ask for the less likely it's going to be implemented, I've learned.

I'd settle for just a quote.

I think a wreath of flowers/buds/leaves around your hunger would be great. Could be three full circles for the three stages of bloom, a circle of leaves, then buds, then flowers that begin to blow away as fertilization ends.

• Like 1