Repaired Clockworks Poll

Repaired Clockworks  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you guys think about them?

• They need a huge nerf
    • They're pretty good
    • They're ok
    • They arent that good
    • They need a huge buff

Their main problem is that they will actively attack the player's followers, have no response to attacks from other Clockworks, and can't take them out of the Caves, which causes a lot of inconvenience.

I hope KLEI can give players a special tag for the repaired Clockworks, making them truly "friends". In addition to solving the above problems, add some new features, such as using frazzled wires to increase their health, which also solves the problem of too many frazzled wires (there is already a lot of gold).

Also, allow them to attack shadow creatures! This appeared in the DS update animation many years ago, but this feature has never been implemented.

123.png.ea0ee1d8cec7f922c5593c01a2a28b82.png 321.png.08235bd0c6fceaf38c6188e7d3db3c16.png

Fun fact:

Repairing clockworks rolls the hammered loot table twice and you get whatever the follower clockwork drops on death.

It’s a great way to use up gears, since  there isn’t much of a reason to stockpile them otherwise.

22 hours ago, Mr.Oshiro said:

Their main problem is that they will actively attack the player's followers, have no response to attacks from other Clockworks, and can't take them out of the Caves, which causes a lot of inconvenience.

I hope KLEI can give players a special tag for the repaired Clockworks, making them truly "friends". In addition to solving the above problems, add some new features, such as using frazzled wires to increase their health, which also solves the problem of too many frazzled wires (there is already a lot of gold).

Also, allow them to attack shadow creatures! This appeared in the DS update animation many years ago, but this feature has never been implemented.

123.png.ea0ee1d8cec7f922c5593c01a2a28b82.png 321.png.08235bd0c6fceaf38c6188e7d3db3c16.png

Would be cool if they turned into a mini broken pile upon defeat which can be repaired again.

3 hours ago, shaurun said:

How do you repair clockworks?

put gears into the cursor slot and hover over a pile of parts of broken clockworks that you'd normally hammer

On 2/5/2024 at 8:07 PM, Mr.Oshiro said:

Their main problem is that they will actively attack the player's followers

This. I stopped using them after the first time I repaired one and it immediately killed Hutch. :wilson_cry:
The other big issue is that if one player befriends them on a multiplayer server and then leaves, they lose their alliance and just turn into hostile clockworks. This happened to me on one server where I played with some friends and some randoms. A person tried to grief by repairing and befriending a bunch of clockworks (he said in the chat that he hopes they will kill other players) but it didn't work. That group left the ruins without fully clearing everything. On our next visit to finish the ruins clearing we discovered a room with 6 bishops and 3 rooks, and all of them were hostile to all players around. This was a very deadly trap that the new group wasn't ready to face, as it happened in a room that normally has only 2 bishops. Took us a long time to clear it, with multiple deaths. 

Repaired Clockworks? Mediocre and faulty, not really worth the materials and strats atm even when overflowing with resources (aside the occasional "lets do it for lulz ... aaah, $hit, it went south very quick" moment). They should be on KLei's future QoL updates list with improvements and optimizations.

Archived