Where is My New Home?

Cancelled. Just like many Tv shows, movies, games- and anything else.

yes I’m a bit salty that Ubisoft, Microsoft & Activision/Blizzard has released over 1,900 employees that’s alot of people without jobs right now..

It also impacts games I was actually looking forward to maybe playing.. such as TMNT the Last Ronin.

Why do all the good things in life end up cancelled? :wilson_cry:

(this is a joke post by the way I have no idea of NewHome actually is canceled or not, but considering that it isn’t canon, and isn’t affiliated with Klei, I don’t think discussion over it belongs here..?)

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

but considering that it isn’t canon, and isn’t affiliated with Klei, I don’t think discussion over it belongs here..?

I mean, it's probably affiliated in some way, because otherwise you have copyright issues... Honestly, the biggest reasons I brought it up here are:

(a. In teasers, I've seen several of the Don't Starve cast alongside new players, and in the official trailer, it shows Wilson on the Nightmare Throne, pulling others into the Constant.

(b. Have you ever heard of Mayor of Pigtown?

• Like 1

All of the stuff with new home is just so odd. Like there was a website for it but it's no longer functional (wouldn't you want to keep your website online if you are still working?) everywhere they posted like twitter and Instagram is just silent (tbf they didn't really post about the game but more about like random questions and celebrating some kind of day) but anything could happen 

There is no concrete confirmation of that as far as I know, but I would guess it might be getting released only in China/Chinese platforms due to heavy backlash from western audiences.

I believe any recent news/betas have only been on Chinese platforms. The english-centric accounts/platforms(such as the Twitter) have been completely silent.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I would guess it might be getting released only in China/Chinese platforms due to heavy backlash from western audiences.

Why. That's so disappointing. I was really excited for a new mobile game in the franchise.

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

3 hours ago, The Starver said:

Why. That's so disappointing. I was really excited for a new mobile game in the franchise.

Because it's a pay-to-win cash grab.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1

4 hours ago, The Starver said:

I’d be more excited if Hamlet or DST were ported to mobile.

Im not a fan of cheap bad art mobile games with a ton of different currencies & paywalls, I’m not saying that’s what NewHome would’ve turned out to be…

But why would I play a goofy graphic’d mobile version of DS when RoG & SW already exist on mobile?

The only thing that “Might” would’ve got me to try NewHome is if it added fun new features, biomes, mechanics, continued the story with juicy lore- oh and most importantly of all: Didn’t make me just wish Klei would port Hamlet & DST to mobile instead.

I mean to be fair- with both DS RoG and Shipwrecked already having mobile ports, NewHome didn’t really stand a chance- it would’ve always felt like a cheap watered down knockoff brand of the real thing.

and I don’t care how many peoples feelings I hurt in saying that- 

NewHome to me at first glance looked like they took the Original Teen Titans, and turned it into Teen Titans Go!

I loved the original TT, Go! Butchers that completely..

And I’m not saying this would’ve been the same case with NewHome, but at first glance- the goofier drawn TT Go style graphics was a huge turn off for me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah. You're right. That would be a lot better. Honestly, I don't care about Newhome. I thought it would be fun because of its' promised mechanics, new characters, and most importantly, LORE, but honestly, I just don't care.

I really want to know some of the mysterious "crazy stuff" @Kevin mentioned a million years ago. I mean, some (or all) of it might already be revealed, but:

1. How did Maxwell find the Codex Umbra? It was before he got lost in the desert, but after he got in debt... 

2. Wagstaff. Need I say more? He's all over the place! He was apparently at the World's Fair (Survivor's Guides: Firewood), he somehow brought a Constant spider to Earth (Along Came a Spider), and even in DS, he's not in the Constant! When he gets to low health, he flickers like the Grainy Transmission, he acts interested, and curious about Charlie attacking him, and he's the only person in the history of the Constant to escape the Nightmare Throne!!

3. Then there's Wanda, who's a rant unto herself, and

4. Woodie, who is so mysterious, we don't even know what his beard is made of!!!

*sigh.* I just got a bit carried away, sorry about the Wagstaff thing (also, he's the one giving you the lunar affinities!?); everyone probably knows everything I said already. I just wanted to make my point, which is that I would REALLY like to see more lore for this game (like the Ancients. What was up with them?).

• Big Ups 1

On 1/31/2024 at 4:52 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Im not a fan of cheap bad art mobile games with a ton of different currencies & paywalls, I’m not saying that’s what NewHome would’ve turned out to be…

But why would I play a goofy graphic’d mobile version of DS when RoG & SW already exist on mobile?

The only thing that “Might” would’ve got me to try NewHome is if it added fun new features, biomes, mechanics, continued the story with juicy lore- oh and most importantly of all: Didn’t make me just wish Klei would port Hamlet & DST to mobile instead.

I mean to be fair- with both DS RoG and Shipwrecked already having mobile ports, NewHome didn’t really stand a chance- it would’ve always felt like a cheap watered down knockoff brand of the real thing.

and I don’t care how many peoples feelings I hurt in saying that- 

NewHome to me at first glance looked like they took the Original Teen Titans, and turned it into Teen Titans Go!

I loved the original TT, Go! Butchers that completely..

And I’m not saying this would’ve been the same case with NewHome, but at first glance- the goofier drawn TT Go style graphics was a huge turn off for me.

I'm from China,and I'm so lucky to have the chance to play Newhome's test game this month. I want to say that the mobile mode is very good. You can create your own character and choose your character's skills in this game. There are three modes: Sandbox, Real Mode, and Season Mode. In Sandbox mode, you can bring anything back to your own home and keep your food forever in your home's chest. It feels like the MMORPG mode in DST servers. I don't like this mode, but if you reach level 8, you can move on to Real Mode. In this mode, you can't take anything to the island; you only have your one pet, skills, blueprints for special equipment, and skins. You need to restart your tech. You can't bring anything back to your home, nor can you take anything to this world. If you die, you need to find a touch stone or a life-giving amulet, or someone has to pay 30 HP, 30 hunger, and 30 sanity to save you. But if you don't have any choice, you will lose this world. Season Mode looks like DS's story mode, where you can bring 8 items to this world to complete missions. If you die, you need to restart; if you win, you can get skins, blueprints, or materials. Maybe this game will open for beta on March 24. Welcome to play this game!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 1

51 minutes ago, DarkDuck said:

I'm so lucky to have the chance to play Newhome's test game this month.

Development is still happening on the game? is there any reason why they went silent on social media and let the game's website stop working?

On 1/31/2024 at 5:11 AM, The Starver said:

Yeah. You're right. That would be a lot better. Honestly, I don't care about Newhome. I thought it would be fun because of its' promised mechanics, new characters, and most importantly, LORE, but honestly, I just don't care.

Klei indeed provide a lore canon to newhome team for reference, but also demand newhome team not to touch Charlie/Metheus/Them/Ancients story, can only be mentioned in the form of fuzzy, because they want to explore these content in DST.

So we won't get any valuable new lore, if Newhome team keeps its promises and there aren't more leaks... But, well, those are leaks.

Edited by Cassielu
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Cassielu said:

Klei indeed provide a lore canon to newhome team for reference, but also demand newhome team not to touch Charlie/Metheus/Them/Ancients story, can only be mentioned in the form of fuzzy, because they want to explore these content in DST.

So we won't get any valuable new lore, if Newhome team keeps its promises and there aren't more leaks... But, well, those are leaks.

How do you know this??

On 1/30/2024 at 10:11 PM, The Starver said:

he's the only person in the history of the Constant to escape the Nightmare Throne!!

that was a bug, pretty sure it's fixed now.

• Like 1

Newhome often feels like something from a distant dream. Can't wait for dozens of videos in the future titled something like "The Don't Starve game you can't play". I guess I'm glad to hear it's still in development?

In terms of lore I think it's mostly considered not cannon. But It'd be interesting if we got something on world building, like throne-ruler relationship kind of stuff.

• Like 1