I'm suggesting to lessen Eye-zer's negative effect by coming up arbitrary reasons.

Arbitrary reasons: maybe eyezer should be like the lunar-fied deerclops.

LunarClops freezes it surroundings until it's burnt or dormant. Maybe give eyezer a dormant period too.

Eyezer prevent fire all year found. But it only produces crack ice ground when rift is open and a gestalt has haunted it, similar to what happened to clop's corpse

A bonus effect is that eye-zer will keep an eye on rift and warn you (by producing cracking ice ground) when it's open, maybe even reveal its location sooner than default as an additional effect.

Another mechanism is that you can burn eyezer to temperorily disable crack. The disabled period lasts somewhere between 1 min to half a day.

A comparison with flingomatic will be: 

- flingo matic require human input (fuel) to start working

- eyezer require human input (getting burnt) to stop working (or bothering players)

Anyways, I think, this way, eyezer is a lot more interesting and a lot more usable.

Thoughts?

I think it definitely needs changes of some sort, the other two drops have been such a blessing for my gameplay but the eye is outclassed completely by the rain book. I understand if Klei wants above average trees to retain some usefulness, but making the eye almost unusable isn't really a great solution IMO

I think AT THE VERY LEAST the eye should make the temperature go down to exactly 1 degrees in summer but freezing in other seasons. Because let's be honest, even with all it's perks it's basically only used in summer and it's not even good at that job anyway. Let it be useful in the 1 season that it's good in Klei.

4 hours ago, somethin said:

I think AT THE VERY LEAST the eye should make the temperature go down to exactly 1 degrees in summer but freezing in other seasons. Because let's be honest, even with all it's perks it's basically only used in summer and it's not even good at that job anyway. Let it be useful in the 1 season that it's good in Klei.

Yeah I find it so much deadlier than summer is, thermals do not work because they cannot be heated up during said season.

I think that the next set of lunar bosses, likely the dragonfly, should have a heat-based version of the ''eyezer''. When combeined together, or placed in range of eachother so that their range overlaps, temps return to normalcy.

You might cry it's op because megabasers are going to build 500 of them for their amusement parks but due to their incredibly high asking price as well as the other lucrative items that can be made instead I don't think many players are seriously going to make an entire slew of them.

I'd rather just have worlds able to be switched from private to public mid game. I don't understand why other players don't endorse this. It hurts literally no one.

The forums don't know what's good for them.

Archived